The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #15
NC C7

Drives: 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbott View Post
The smart tech-dude at the dealership advised me that each key FOB is "connected" to either #1 or #2 Memory buttons, and you need to have that particular FOB with you, while you make your position settings.

When I had the other key fob with me, I was able to get the setting to Position #1 to work. I don't recall reading this in the owners manual?
How can you tell one fob from the other? They look the same to me unless theres something on the inside.
NC C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #16
Gabbott

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red C7 Convertible *
NC C7;
I thought that I recognized your picture on the Thread I put about the center, dash vent rattle?

I was hoping that more folks would respond to this Thread about the memory seats and the two Fobs (so that I could confirm my findings). I don't think that there is an outward difference in the two Fobs? One person mentioned to pull the metal key out of the Fob, and look at the number(s) stamped on it. I did, and both Fobs have the same number.

Anyway, I solved my issue with the memory seats (and memory exit) by having the "other" Fob with me, while I made my selections (left the first Fob in the kitchen). My memory settings then worked. So I just placed a small mark on the Fob that I use for my settings, and my wife has the other.

If there actually is an electronic-connection difference between the two Fobs, no idea why the General didn't make that clear, or at least give each one a different number?

Hope that this helps.
Gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #17
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
As far as I can tell, there is no outward difference between the fobs. The C5 generation did have a "1" and "2" molded into the back of the fob case, but the C6 and C7 fobs do not. Etching a number into the fob case is a good idea.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote