The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
vettefan

Drives: C7 2LT Cyber Grey
Texas Hill Country

Had a very nice overnight trip in the Texas Hill country this weekend. Made way from Dallas area to Fredericksburg, but had several side road excursions to really enjoy the C7. Two friends were on their Harley's for the trip as well. They had a motorcycle road's map (Butler) that highlighted some of the better roads to venture onto for scenery, curves, elevation changes, etc. Very nice and we would have never found these "gems" along the way otherwise.

From Dallas to Fredericksburg we used higway 281 as the main route and then diverted off the beaten path where appropriate. Also made a quick stop in Luckenbach late afternoon before making our way to the targeted destination. Finished the day at Hondo's listening to live music, eating, drinking and talking about the day's journey and planning the return trip the next morning. It's great to be an American (and Texan)!

The map was a great tool to have and they make different ones for separate regions in the country.
Attached Images

vettefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
I drive out there about every weekend. I live near Lake Travis, so its a short trip. Went to Luckenback just last week. There are no better drives anywhere. Curves, straights, and little traffic. Next time, I'm stopping off at Albert Ice House.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote