Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #29
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
"IF" and I say if you wanna do this most states have old airfields that you can go to to"open" ur car up at that way its a wide open area and no one else is around you. Reduces the chance of a horrible accident...reduces not eliminate. I just hope you reconsider this thought if done "sucuessfully" only makes you think its "safe" and can be done anytime anywhere. just go skydiving....lol
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #30
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
[QUOTE=fbodfather;1817942]A word of caution....

(......and I don't want this to sound like a lecture - )

The speed limiter is there for a reason. Your tires are not validated or designed for speeds above that limiter. Driving above that limit could mean catastrophic (-- let me repeat that -- "CATASTROPHIC" failure of the tire.

These tires have a "Y" rating of 186mph, however, if you are going to attempt this, let everyone here know when and where so we can make sure we are not there.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #31
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
If you are in Thomasville...go up to SGMP and run the car there on the 1320.

I'm sure there is a "Flying Mile" there too somewhere (like the Texas Mile).

I know there is no one on here that can change your mind about driving fast...but think about others on the road...take it to the track or certified event.

Ever think of autoX? Combine with the 1320 and you might have found your nitch instead of hitting the public highways and possibly killing someone!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #32
Camaro_Boy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS with RS package
Because of all the posts i wnt speed anymore. I saw some pics on that i looked up internet and they werent pretty!!! Thanks to all of you for talking some sense into me. It was really need.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #33
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow
Old 05-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #34
Joemaro

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Boy View Post
Because of all the posts i wnt speed anymore. I saw some pics on that i looked up internet and they werent pretty!!! Thanks to all of you for talking some sense into me. It was really need.

I think the important thing to take away from this thread is that NO ONE is telling you NOT to have fun in your Camaro.

The consensus on these boards is largely this: "There is a time and place for everything".

In your case it's on a track wearing a helmet with proper supervision and safety precautions taken into account.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #35
Camaro_Boy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS with RS package
Well from the speed i get an adrenalyn rush. But i guess that's no excuse to speed and put myself and everybody else in danger.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #36
Joemaro

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Well from the speed i get an adrenalyn rush. But i guess that's no excuse to speed and put myself and everybody else in danger.

Hey man, I'm with you... This is a CAMARO forum, if we didn't like speed and adrenaline we would be driving Civics...(the ones without the stickers).

Like I said, tracks have their special purpose... They serve it very well, you should find your local track and utilize it. Maybe take a few performance driving courses and learn what your car can really do, all with proper instruction and supervision of course.

Oh, and NOT on public roads.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #37
dickholloway

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Let me give one more illustration.

At 150 miles an hour, if a large bird flies out in front of you, it's very likely it's going to come THRU -- yes, THRU the windshield AT you.

Try stopping from 150mph blind.

I am not trying to insult anyone -and I'm not trying to belittle anybody.

What I AM trying to do is SAVE YOUR LIFE and those of innocent people (and animals)

Now - if that makes me an incredible Boor - then so be it.
Well at least if the bird goes thru the windshield on the passenger side it shouldn't hurt the person since any normal size person can't see over the console when sitting in that GM "designed for WNBA" passenger seat which rides almost on the ground.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #38
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Let me give one more illustration.

At 150 miles an hour, if a large bird flies out in front of you, it's very likely it's going to come THRU -- yes, THRU the windshield AT you.
This was the first thing to pop into my mind. Living in Northern Michigan, we have lots of 80 to 150 pound deer that love to cross our back country roads. Perhaps you have no animals where you live..

You are not weighing all the variables that may happen to you when driving 150 mph.

Take ALL the above intelligent and experienced advice.

M
Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #39
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
i hope he really hasd changed his mind and not just saying it...

nice job C5 ! saving camaro fans one person at a time...
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #40
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Have you told your parents about this need for speed you feel?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #41
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Come to Cleveland, go to Cedar Point, and ride the Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster until you're blue in the face. The first hill on MF drops at 92 mph and pulls you to 2.5 g's on the first curve, and TTD shoots you UP out of the gate at 0-125 mph in less than 2 seconds.

That will work your adrenalyn out after a few rides, you'll be safe, and no one else is at risk on any road
Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #42
HALFFAST

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
you need to go to a race track and see live what 150 mph looks like-although in the car 150 mph does not feel all that fast in actuality it is ridiculously fast. There is no way to "be careful" at that speed. I lost my right leg just above the knee as a passenger of a friend who was trying to "be careful" but thanks to right rear blowing out and a soft shoulder which launched the car when the right rear rim dug in at about 130 mph careful ceases to exist. Trust me the 10+ barrel rolls through a farm field were relentless. If you are lucky enough to survive this kind of wreck you quickly learn a whole new respect for speed

Closed Thread