Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Camaro Owner Speeds through Parking Lot Everyday

At my job there is one Camaro SS owner that speeds through the parking lot everyday coming and going. The speed limit is 15mph. He does like 45-50 flying in/out his parking space. As one Camaro owner to another I want to give him some advice in a nice way, but is not sure how it will go over. But someone can easily get hurt or worst. If he worked for the same ompany as me that would be an easier conversation to have. Should I just leave it be??
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Give that info to your supervisor and let them handle it.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
What kind of vehicle this person is driving is completely irrelevant. That's an asshole thing to do, and INCREDIBLY unsafe. I'd tell the guy to slow down, and it'd go one of 2 ways - a) he'd be like yeah, you're right' and quit, or b) he'd tell you to get lost and mind your own business.

If (a) goes down, hopefully it changes

if (b) goes down, then I'd let the local authorities know that they have an easy ticket to help meet their quota....I'm sure this person is somewhat predictable in their routine...maybe even vid for the 5-0's to show some evidence and encourage them to get out there

Or, there's alternative c) just ignore it. If something bad occurs, then the guy will have a pretty serious liability on his hands....comes with the territory if you're going to do stupid shit....

I also agree with the other dude - let your management know. Many times, there are penalties for doing stuff like this on company property. At an old job I used to work at, they would void your parking tag if you were reported for 3 or more unsafe parking lot incidents
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
stop being a parent. if he wants to drive over the speed limit and carelessly then let him. You don't have a badge on your chest so leave it be.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
What he said. You know you just want to give friendly advice, but the guy may be a douche and take it the wrong way. No need to involve yourself in drama that has nothing to do with you.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
I mean it wouldn't hurt to tell him to slow down... but I mean if he/she doesn't cool it.. then its not really your responsibility to police people's driving habits.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Point it out to an office busybody and amp him/her up into making it a personal mission, then sit back and enjoy the drama.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
My manager is 900 miles away...lol.. It's a multi tenant building so I would have to go to the property management.. But where I'm getting at is that I feel like Camaro owners have a camaraderie amongst each other different from others. Like we acknowledge each other at stop lights, on the roads passing each other, etc.. So thats where I think the talk could be ok.. Not be his parent, but more on some brotherhood type deal..
Old 08-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
My manager is 900 miles away...lol.. It's a multi tenant building so I would have to go to the property management.. But where I'm getting at is that I feel like Camaro owners have a camaraderie amongst each other different from others. Like we acknowledge each other at stop lights, on the roads passing each other, etc.. So thats where I think the talk could be ok.. Not be his parent, but more on some brotherhood type deal..
When I was young and dumb, I use to drive like a nut and asking me to slow down would have gotten nothing but grief nor would it have mattered what the person drove. Selfcentered people just don't care.

That property manager or the cops are your best bet if you want to see it stop. If the property manager goes to the business owner and tells him one of his employees is creating a liability problem for him, the business owner should do something about it because if the guy hits someone and it comes to light he was informed his employee, he could find himself in court.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #10
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
When I was young and dumb, I use to drive like a nut and asking me to slow down would have gotten nothing but grief nor would it have mattered what the person drove. Selfcentered people just don't care.

That property manager or the cops are your best bet if you want to see it stop. If the property manager goes to the business owner and tells him one of his employees is creating a liability problem for him, the business owner should do something about it because if the guy hits someone and it comes to light he was informed his employee, he could find himself in court.
Yes those are really my only two options outside of talking to him. Yeah you are right I used to unnecessarily speed when I was younger too.. But now at 42 I enjoy the cruise more.. But like if we were all at Camaro Fest and saw another Camaro owner doing something stupid, I think most of us would say something.. Different scenario, but you get what I mean..
Old 08-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #11
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
It's not the dam point what type of vehicle. This person is an idiot & could seriously injure or kill someone. Report it to the local cops and ask them if they could put an unmarked car in the lot. I wouldn't take any comments to keep quiet or mind your own business. Just because if one of your own family members was with you and got hit by this A-HOLE. What would you think later because this happened & you didn't try to do anything about it.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #12
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
It's not the dam point what type of vehicle. This person is an idiot & could seriously injure or kill someone. Report it to the local cops and ask them if they could put an unmarked car in the lot. I wouldn't take any comments to keep quiet or mind your own business. Just because if one of your own family members was with you and got hit by this A-HOLE. What would you think later because this happened & you didn't try to do anything about it.
Good point.. I often wonder if part of today's problem is that sometimes we don't do anything!!
Old 08-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
What kind of vehicle this person is driving is completely irrelevant. That's an asshole thing to do, and INCREDIBLY unsafe. I'd tell the guy to slow down, and it'd go one of 2 ways - a) he'd be like yeah, you're right' and quit, or b) he'd tell you to get lost and mind your own business.

If (a) goes down, hopefully it changes

if (b) goes down, then I'd let the local authorities know that they have an easy ticket to help meet their quota....I'm sure this person is somewhat predictable in their routine...maybe even vid for the 5-0's to show some evidence and encourage them to get out there

Or, there's alternative c) just ignore it. If something bad occurs, then the guy will have a pretty serious liability on his hands....comes with the territory if you're going to do stupid shit....

I also agree with the other dude - let your management know. Many times, there are penalties for doing stuff like this on company property. At an old job I used to work at, they would void your parking tag if you were reported for 3 or more unsafe parking lot incidents
If you hurt or kill someone, an apology won't be enough..
Old 08-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #14
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Point it out to an office busybody and amp him/her up into making it a personal mission, then sit back and enjoy the drama.

Tell the busybody that the car almost hit a dog or any animal for that matter, and watch the fireworks!

Sadly, if you said the wreckless driver almost hit a person nothing would happen.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote