The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > General Automotive Discussions

Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
I can't believe you were that stupid and your age shows as to why they would have even thought to do anything like this !

ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
I can't believe you were that stupid and your age shows as to why they would have even thought to do anything like this !

I don't think I was stupid for letting them LOOK at it. I never once said that they could go in, and once they where in I almost immediately told them to get out. My age and the fact I'm a female, that's probably what made them feel all high and mighty
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
you should of maced them
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I'm glad I wasn't just over reacting! I was pissed! I have never had a bad experience showing anyone my car, whenever people ask to look at it, it is always just a nice conversation with someone who loves cars. But this definitely changed my point of view.
Our cars bring attention from everyone, as you well know of course, and there will be times when you're going to have to tell somebody to f-off. Usually people are cool but you can pick out the idiots easily enough and a few choice words will send the message.

Don't ever hesitate to follow your gut instinct in these situations and give a warning.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
you should of maced them
Bear mace.

Sent from my Transformer
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Getting mad just reading this, just a bunch of assholes. Not everyone is the same, I learned quickly to be a judge of character through dealing with new people frequently. I don't know if I would have stayed cool. I think I would've been like "Who told you, you can get in? I said LOOK.". Never give your keys away to a friend or a random, thats just asking for everything to go wrong.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
That explains even more that the guys would take advantage of you and your ride, you think people would respect you and your stuff but that word respect seems to be going by by and chalk this one up to experience that's all you can do

]
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Wow, makes me angry just reading it. I bet they will all go home making remarks like man... What was her deal? And blaming it on somebody else, anyways hope your car is ok, and you too for that matter.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #23
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
As someone also from Plano... I'm surprised they even cared because theres' 390314901932 Camaros around here but I'm not surprised at their behavior.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post

Not trying to be a "white knight" here, but is calling the OP stupid really necessary?

Perhaps letting a pack of adolescent boys into one's car isn't the wisest of choices, but OP learned a lesson about being "too nice"

Now if she gave them the keys..... that would have been a different story.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
You should have beat their asses til they could not see.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
BigRedMikeLV

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
It's situations like this where trunk monkeys would come in handy.
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #27
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
As someone also from Plano... I'm surprised they even cared because theres' 390314901932 Camaros around here but I'm not surprised at their behavior.
I know! There are TONS of Camaros in the Plano area. There are not many modded ones, but still, here Camaros aren't anything special.

But to agree with everyone who has commented on this thread, these guys where definitely ass holes. It may not have been the wisest choice for me to even allow them in my car (which I really didn't) but I would have NEVER in a million years given them my keys. My dad, sister, and I are the only ones who have ever driven my Camaro, and it will stay that way! I am glad that both my Camaro and I are perfectly fine, because now a days there are so many crazy people out there that who knows what could have happened. Definitely have learned my lesson and will not be allowing random strangers to "look" inside my car ever again
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #28
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think you should have said you have 10 seconds to get out before I take your pictures and call 911 and report an attempted carjacking... Because demanding your keys could be considered a car jacking...