Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So, if he had to get to an emergency why did he turn around to give you tickets for small things? Sounds like BS. Must not have been to important. His emergency that is.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 PM   #30
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
For the record, this happened in Ridgewood. And to the guy saying I had plenty of time, if you read everything, there was a curve I had to round that put him out of my vision, and he came around it quick, so time was limited
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #31
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Come on man, read my entire post, it said right there I saw him pull up behind another car and slow down, and that I was mid turn. I'm not trying to plead not guilty here just trying to describe what happened
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:03 PM   #32
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So, if he had to get to an emergency why did he turn around to give you tickets for small things? Sounds like BS. Must not have been to important. His emergency that is.
Either that, or he was going to an emergency, maybe as a back-up, and got cancelled.
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:44 AM   #33
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
OP

I think the hand signal was a "follow me" and you did not so he came back all pissed off. Not sure in NJ but in CA the radar detector, obstructed view, and window tint only apply to a vehicle on a public roadway. He never stopped you on the public road. He stopped you in a private parking lot (by blocking you in). Depending on the judge, he might cut you some slack on some of it. Either way it was a sloppy car stop on his part. I don't think any vehicle codes have weird hand gestures spelled out in them. That's why you follow behind with the red light on to pull someone over.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:20 AM   #34
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Like i said, i'm accepting of being in the wrong here, but I just felt it kinda over the top that he had to walk around my car and look for things wrong, especially since I wasn't being a dick to him. He was even being a snot about me handing him my reg and insurance in these small paper holders.
I had the same thing happen with my previous car. He saw my tint on the side windows and pulled me over for that. He then tried to find other things wrong to pile on to the ticket. With the mods and other things you have on the outside of your car, he probably figured he could add a few things just by observation....

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:27 AM   #35
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlem View Post
OP

I think the hand signal was a "follow me" and you did not so he came back all pissed off. Not sure in NJ but in CA the radar detector, obstructed view, and window tint only apply to a vehicle on a public roadway. He never stopped you on the public road. He stopped you in a private parking lot (by blocking you in). Depending on the judge, he might cut you some slack on some of it. Either way it was a sloppy car stop on his part. I don't think any vehicle codes have weird hand gestures spelled out in them. That's why you follow behind with the red light on to pull someone over.
He "observed" him on the public road, so that gives him the right to give the OP the ticket(s) anywhere he needs to. Also, a Pizza Shop parking lot is not a private parking lot.
I had a cop pull into my own driveway after he observed my car on the road. He did not turn on his lights, but he saw me only around 200 yards from my home and followed me there and gave me the ticket for my tint I had on the vehicle.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #36
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Pay more attention next time on what's going on around you while you drive....when you see the lights more the hell over...how hard is that...if the cop had time to pull up next to you and roll down his window and give you a hand jester....you had time to pull over in the first place.
Like this one?

Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #37
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Coming from the criminal law field all i can say is i hate cops. That is just it. I havent had many bad experiences with police however, many have a different attitude once they get a badge and firearm... Its so funny lol But, you probably caught him on a bad day and cops usually will let you know when they are having a shitty day as well. I dont feel bad for you really as it is up to citizens to avoid police and like i said im in the law field and i go out of my way to avoid police. Hell i was through the SAPD qualification and was hired tobstart training and i backed out because i realized cops are people that normal citizens USUALLY don't like... Moral of the story is avoid police at all costs because they will gonout of their way to spoil someone's day with whom has a flashy car. Plain and simple you probably wont get much dropped and take it as a learning lesson. Sorry bud!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #38
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Like this one?

Old 08-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #39
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Coming from the criminal law field all i can say is i hate cops. That is just it. I havent had many bad experiences with police however, many have a different attitude once they get a badge and firearm... Its so funny lol But, you probably caught him on a bad day and cops usually will let you know when they are having a shitty day as well. I dont feel bad for you really as it is up to citizens to avoid police and like i said im in the law field and i go out of my way to avoid police. Hell i was through the SAPD qualification and was hired tobstart training and i backed out because i realized cops are people that normal citizens USUALLY don't like... Moral of the story is avoid police at all costs because they will gonout of their way to spoil someone's day with whom has a flashy car. Plain and simple you probably wont get much dropped and take it as a learning lesson. Sorry bud!
Wow , Thats eye awaking . Thanks for sharing ,
When you see flashing lights get right and stop , Move on afterwards all is good
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:33 AM   #40
jimlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Well, the first guy probably pissed him off, and you were #2 and he knew where you went.

And then he went to the pizza place.

If you think that you can pull into a parking lot and the LEO can't follow you to write a ticket you have another think coming.

Anyway, it was some BS and the LEO might not even show for court, sometimes it's enough to them just to cost you some time.

Yes I know you can follow someone into a parking lot to complete a car stop. I did it for a living for many years. I never said one of them was right and the other wrong. I said it was sloppy work on the cop's part. No where in there do you have a start to finish car stop and it's little details inside of that where judges will surprise you and dismiss based on some small procedural error.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:49 AM   #41
jimlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
He "observed" him on the public road, so that gives him the right to give the OP the ticket(s) anywhere he needs to. Also, a Pizza Shop parking lot is not a private parking lot.
I had a cop pull into my own driveway after he observed my car on the road. He did not turn on his lights, but he saw me only around 200 yards from my home and followed me there and gave me the ticket for my tint I had on the vehicle.
Again, I'm not saying anyone was right or anyone was wrong. I'm saying it was sloppily done and that's where judges will surprise you sometimes. Also, I'd expect most pizza shops and most small businesses to be in private property parking lots. Usually the first thing they do is put up a big sign saying "PRIVATE PROPERTY" and then list their parking rules and times. They have to do this so they can tow cars that are disrupting their business.

Doesn't matter in the end. It is what it is and it's no skin off my butt either way. There
just seemed to be a weird feeling with this one.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:10 AM   #42
jimlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post

Seriously? You backed out of a high-paying job with great benefits because you heard some citizens USUALLY don't like cops? Did you even know any of these citizens? You did this after going through about 6 months of really tough testing and scoring within the top 10% (at most departments).

You were THERE!!! You were ready to train and become a hated cop, with a badge and a real gun. And you quit? Did you ever think that instead of being a hated cop, you could become a good one and NOT be a dick to people. Treat people with respect, not give petty BS tickets cause you're having a bad day? You could have changed things for real from the inside instead of just hating from the outside.

You are what we refer to as job security. Would love to hear the real story someday.