Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #11845
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Well he has backed off on his claim but maintains that some dealers are selling the device so that must make it ok at least that is what their Q&A on the site they are using to sell the product.

My guess is if GM didn't know about this they do now and will take steps if appropriate to protect themselves.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #11846
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I'm lost.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #11847
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm lost.
How can we help you be found?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #11848
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
That's open ended.

The subjects in here are moving quite fast...
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #11849
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Happens with all empires... I appreciate you guys here in the house and your service to this forum community. The original site vision was put into guide lines and now the enforcement has become somewhat touch and go.... remember the calendar issue a while back. It got so far out of hand and ran for a couple days before it was finally shut down.

I don't want to talk out of turn... you guys have towed the line far longer than me. When I arrived here I appreciated the site's vision. The no street racing policy the defined market place. The lack of drive by sales. All these and several other I think helped build a great community spirit. A very attractive place... I settled in and in quick order learned a ton started to contribute and spent thousands with site vendors. Win win win!!

I have been a part of the internet community since '92. In that time the forums that stand the test of time are the ones who operate with a high level of integrity and service to the membership being the guiding principles. Anyone or anything that violates that has to be eliminated.

A while back a well known site sponsor commented that the vendors keep this site going. I respectfully and in no uncertain terms let him know that it was the membership!! My point... I should not have been the one to have to.

When endeavors have success it is easy to let up on what gets ya there. There can be no compromise because this community will turn commercial... the current issues are a great example. The membership should never have doubt that their well being and the well being of the community is held above profit.

This device may be a good thing but is the current presentation at the expense of what's best?

Again I mean no disrespect to anyone...

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #11850
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
My biggest concern frankly in the enthusiast market is folks that have recalibrated their powertrain and then sold the car. It is a bit more prevalent in the enthusiast market. I just don't want anyone being surprised in the event that there is a powertrain issue down the road.
OK #3 this has always been one of my big concerns too.

I saw a guy on here buy a used ZL1 and he kept talking about the extended warranty he was going to buy, so I looked up the Vin and found an entire build journal where this car had every Mod in the book done to it and then was put back to stock.

I contacted him about it before he bought the car and it was explained that since the car was not a GM certified car as of a certain date the warranty was all good. I just don't see how that could be...
Old 03-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #11851
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
OK #3 this has always been one of my big concerns too.

I saw a guy on here buy a used ZL1 and he kept talking about the extended warranty he was going to buy, so I looked up the Vin and found an entire build journal where this car had every Mod in the book done to it and then was put back to stock.

I contacted him about it before he bought the car and it was explained that since the car was not a GM certified car as of a certain date the warranty was all good. I just don't see how that could be...
This is a tough issue. GM can't really tell if you swap wheels on and off or swap out exhausts. A d neither can a buyer. That is a risk in buying a used car in this segment.

I know it doesn't happen often but I would recommend anyone buying a used Camaro take it to the dealer and confirm the calibration is still valid. That is the longer warranty
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #11852
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
This is a tough issue. GM can't really tell if you swap wheels on and off or swap out exhausts. A d neither can a buyer. That is a risk in buying a used car in this segment.

I know it doesn't happen often but I would recommend anyone buying a used Camaro take it to the dealer and confirm the calibration is still valid. That is the longer warranty
I mis-typed and said NOT GM certified, when in fact it was certified so they told him he was fine. I would definitely get the calibration checked as you say.

I traded my first Camaro in and it had been tuned with headers and returned to stock. (The dealer knew it) They put it on the lot for a while and then it ultimately went to auction.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #11853
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I'm glad your tuition assistance was cut. Time to cut the government umbilical cord of entitlements and pay your own way.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282935

This post made me so angry I am going to walk away from my computer.... or I WILL get my first ban.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #11854
tramtwo

Mean people suck...
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #11855
tramtwo

efin bots!! Why are we under assault?!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #11856
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282935

This post made me so angry I am going to walk away from my computer.... or I WILL get my first ban.
I did put a very short reply in that thread after seeing your post. And it was extremely difficult to keep it nice.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #11857
baskethead

Drives: 15 Z06
As a retired AF guy, I almost made a comment but restrained myself.
Greg
baskethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #11858
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

That was a pretty bad thread. I'm all for cutting unnecessary spending and that is one of the last places I would ever go. There are a few groups that shouldn't be asked to bear the brunt of this budget issue. Our war fighters and border protectors are at the top of that list. Maybe congress lost this benefit too? Doubt it very much.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014