Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
The move over law has been on the books for 10 years.....and yes 20mph is acceptable! Sorry you're going to be inconvenienced by it but the law is there for the safety of police and fire.

As you might have read in my post, the law is a good idea but 20 under is new. I know the law has been around for a long time. I'm a former Crash Fire & Rescue Marine and civilian fire fighter so take the attitude and roll it. I've been on the side of the road doing my job while people whip past and think of nothing but themselves. The point I'm making is 20 under is too great of a difference between the traffic in the very next lane over which doesn't need to slow down at all under this law. Difference in speed is what kills, not speed itself. This is why our highways are safer than ever and with nearly double the speed limit in some places than it was in the past, (55 MPH vs 85 MPH.) Yes, better car design is a contributor as well but we're focused on speed at the moment.

Last edited by krazzyk01; 08-28-2013 at 03:42 PM.
krazzyk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Maybe I came back a little too strong. I applaud the effort to increase safety for my brethren in the emergency field. But I've seen well intended, yet not thought through, laws passed in the past which cities and counties simply turn into cash cows instead of raising taxes. Don't get me started on raising taxes. It would be a far better to actually enforce the laws we have on the books now. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people fail to pull over and stop for emergency vehicles with lights and sirens directly behind them, or even right in front of them and they just act like nothing is going on in their purple skied little world and nothing is more important than what they are doing.

So I guess my entire point is this. Enforce the laws we have and stop adding new ones with the same amount of worthlessness as the others due to a lack of enforcement. It's like adding another toothless dog on the front porch. It doesn't fix the issue.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
20mph under has been on the books (at least in San Antonio) for a few years now, it's just that no one knew about it...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
CC_Camaro2SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 6MN SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
AAA just put together a nice write up on a few new TX laws going into effect on Sep 1, 2013. One of which makes it a misdemeanor and up to a $200 fine for not displaying both front and rear plates!

http://ww1.texas.aaa.com/en-tx/drivi...iver-laws.aspx
Great, my car didn't come with the front plate from the dealership. Put it on the front window passenger side?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Past 15yrs I never drove with front plates, this won't stop me anyways.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
QUICKSS

Drives: 2013 2SS
As of today, my dealer in Austin will not release my C6 because I asked them not to mount the plate. Currently waiting for my new mount that doesnt require drilling into the bumper.
QUICKSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSS View Post
As of today, my dealer in Austin will not release my C6 because I asked them not to mount the plate. Currently waiting for my new mount that doesnt require drilling into the bumper.

WOW!...won't release your car.

What liability does a dealer have in this?

Who is the dealer?

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
WhiteCamaroRs
"Public Enemy"

Drives: White 2012 2LT/RS Camaro
It's gonna be a very sad day if I ever have to run with plates on the front if my Camaro.. Last time I got pulled over I just went to Classic Chevy and got a front plate bracket and used 3M tape to secure it to the front of my bumper. Then I just played it cool as the officer was checking to see if it was "properly secured" to the front bumper. It was a $10 fine and as soon as I got the ticket cleared I ripped the damn thing off in the court parking lot and drove off. It's been 6 months since this and I planned to do it again if I ever got pulled over for it. Looks like now I'll have to pay a $200 fine along with it
WhiteCamaroRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #23
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thought they were doing away w/ the front plate law
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
I don't think they can refuse to release your car for that. They can make you sign a waiver though.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
CC_Camaro2SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 6MN SIM
Well, I got my front plate on passenger side windshield, my 2013 didn't come with front plate....from a dealership.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #26
usnatclee

My wife's vette doesn't have a front plate. I told them if they put it on the deal was off. They saw things my way.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #27
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
I am going to have a VERY hard time putting a front plate on my car when I move there in January. They are never gonna chase me from the front! WTH?
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
usnatclee

I still plan on taking mine off and running only the rear one. I'll just leave the front one in the front windshield.