Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
What Colors Did You Consider / How Long Did You Search For Your Car?

Since I waited 2 years before buying my Camaro (college tuition is expensive) I had plenty of time to look around for the color I really wanted. Fall of 09 was pretty fun as Camaros started showing up here and there.

I considered Yellow since my first Camaro was a 1974 bright yellow V8 that I quickly put black hood and trunk stripes.

Then red, almost bought one of these to match my second and most fun car since my 5th gen / 1986 Red IROC-Z 5.0 liter, auto with the T-tops of coarse.

Back in 86 Chevy had a super nice Blue IROC and a friend had one with tan leather interior...super nice and the ABM models looked so nice.

The first 5th gen I drove was my buddys black on black SS with the chrome / black 21" wheels..so tempting until I started reading the difficulty of keeping a black car clean.

I finally saw an IOM up close and fell in love....that was the one especially since I am a life long Longhorn. I searched and found one in dallas a month later (had to have the orange interior), great price with sunroof, hurst short throw after market shifter and foose chrome wheels. Dealer sold it from under me. Took me another 2 months to find another car with low miles and was super taken care of by an ex military guy / police officer who hardly ever drove it since he drove his police issued car home and back to work everyday. I flew to Mississippi one weekend and drove my prize home. after almost 3 years... I still think I made the best choice.

What other colors did you guys consider...how long did it take you to decide on the color / options then find your baby?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I only like two colors, red and black. I had a red and black camaro first, and then I bought a black one. Those were the only two colors I was ever going to consider and those are the only colors I'll own.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
i had 1 color in mind when I went in ... I knew exactly what I wanted and had a list prepared!

Black all the way.... I year later (Oct 27th) I question myself on it but I would buy it all the same even if I knew what I know now about the black.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
When shopping for my Camaro, my initial choices (in order) were Black, Blue Ray Metallic, and Ashen Grey Metallic. After seeing all of the colors at various dealerships, I narrowed it down to Blue Ray Metallic and Red Hot.
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I wanted that bright blue color so bad. Once the salesman told me they stopping making that color I was kind of heartbroken. Then I saw the 45th anniversary on the lot. It was my desktop wallpaper for months and months. Never did I expect to see it sitting at the dealership
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #6
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
AGM was number one, hen anear tie between Black or White. Dealer search was limited to those that had all three for us to look at. My wife loved the Gray on first sight on the earlier Gen 5's, so it was a done deal.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
LS3goyo

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
White, it was my only choice, luckily I found one with a Zl1 font end
LS3goyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Silver ,white, and black......in that order. Fortunately for us we found one in the first choice...2SS non RS L99.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I would go to Chevy's website all the time and torture myself with the "Build Your Own" feature but I knew I could not afford a new one. One day in July I searched Cars.com and looked for 2010-2012 Camaros in a 50 mile radius. I found many SS's, silver, black, blue, reds but I really didn't want a V8. I was hoping for a silver one but then I found a 2011 RJT 2LT/RS that was very close to me.

I clicked off the website and then went back a couple times that day and looked at it again, several times actually. I called my insurance company to find out how much it would be to add it and when I got that number I figured what my monthly loan payment would be.

By the end of the that first day I decided to take a look at it in person. I took it for a test drive and signed the papers on a Monday and picked it up that following Thursday. The rest is history. I have enjoyed Jeanie ever since.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #10
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
AGM

Didn't want anything else

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #11
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I honestly just wanted any Camaro.. I kind of bought mine when it was dark out (driving dealer to dealer, this was the last one).. woke up the next day and saw her in the daylight and was amazed..

Came on to these forums and found I had a limited color.. Yep made my day..

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I didn't "find" my Camaro. I ordered it configured exactly the way I wanted. It's white.

The only other colors I seriously considered were orange, yellow, and black. I ruled out orange and yellow based on my self-image as an old guy, and I ruled out black because it never looks clean enough.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #13
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
The dark blue, the grey but when I found out you could do blue on the inside, it had to be white with blue stripes.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
I was in Florida, sitting in a rental 2014 Camaro (white), when I called my car dealer (a Hyundai dealer with a sister Chevy dealer) to find me a V6 manual Camaro.

I've owned a 1979 Trans Am (Mayan Red) & 1990 Camaro RS (dark red), so I've been wanting a Camaro, but haven't been shopping for one as (last I checked) they weren't financially appropriate for me.

But, a conversation in Florida, sitting in the rental car, made me realize I could just get one to drive all the time.

Anyway................the 2014 looked great in white, but I put no criteria on color (odd for me). I show up at the dealer, they have a SS manual for me, silver, with black rally stripes AND black hockey stripes, plus that plain silver after market grill. Ugly, IMO. And more than I wanted to spend. I walked away...right into this black 2012, with silver pinstripes and heritage wheels. I fell in love with the combo, including the retro look of the halogen lights. I didn't want to test drive it, knowing it was an automatic...but it just got hit hooks in me.

I wouldn't have changed the color for my 2012, but if it was a 2014, I'd have gone for summit white.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote