Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #29
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
yeah yellow rocks

costs more to buy new aswell i think?
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #30
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
yeah yellow rocks

costs more to buy new aswell i think?
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #31
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I'm with you.

Excited about seeing a Camaro? It's like someone getting excited about seeing an iPhone... wtf...

In over 5 years nobody has, to my knowledge, taken a picture of my car. And my car is awesome.

Well, it was in front of Walmart, after all. The People of Walmart can be thrilled by many things. Never been in one, but have driven past and see what flows in and out.

They are a dime a dozen here as well. I get it when people stop and wide-eyed thrill over some of my other cars, but the Camaro's a fun car that I see dozens of each day.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #32
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
I guess the best happened this afternoon. Stopped into a 7-11 that is right across the street from the beach on A1A @ the Flagler Beach pier. Kids usually are hanging around going back and forth, and 3 teenage girls in bikini's hanging out in front of the store tell me nice car.....when I come out, they are taking selfies in front of it and tell me they really like the car - I smile and tell em thanks, then one smiles and says I like your face, too...I chuckled, smiled back and said thanks then got this 50+ yr old guy out of there..but it was nice to hear.
The youngins these days call the older, not terribly unattractive guys they see "Silver Foxes." Not even kidding. I can relate, I'm only 37 but it's nice when a twenty something girl gives you a second look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonn View Post
That has happened to me twice in six months. First was some oriental girls taking selfies by my car and today a couple of guys where taking pictures of my car. maybe they thought it was a Z with the quad exhaust and z28 spoiler dunno but love it. I hate to see this V6 go but it's time to upgrade to a SS. Going for a test drive tomorrow
That's my plan eventually too. Good luck and let us know what you think.

I was at my parents house watching a football game when my twin, who was looking out front where my car was said, "Mike (me) c'mere, check this out." I did and there where 3 teenage girls posing in front of my car taking selfies. It just happens, these cars get attention - and it's awesome.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #33
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP, that is the best Walmart story that I have ever seen in this forum!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #34
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
OP, that is the best Walmart story that I have ever seen in this forum!
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #35
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I was parked at my kid's school, waiting for her to come out. A couple of high school girls were sitting nearby, presumably waiting for their ride.

My daughter texted me... she said, "A girl at school just posted on FB that there's an awesome Camaro parked outside. She posted the picture and it's you, DAD, right now!"
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:50 AM   #36
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
I'm baffled that there are still so many stories about people taking pictures and videos of Camaros. These cars are a dime a dozen here.
People still like them. I've been stopped in traffic, at the gas station, by people walking by while washing, etc... plenty of times to people saying "Nice car/Camaro!"
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #37
Noomo

Drives: 2014 camaro ls/2
There are not a ton here and people have stopped to take pictures. Mine gets less attention when Im parked next to the zl1 and supercharged Camaros that my friends have. Ive even had to pay $150 to remove a hood dent from a fat chick that crawled up on the hood for a picture . Mostly though little kids wave and say hi bumblebee. Last year a Camarovan drove through a small town here and everyone stopped, watched, and took pics and vids as we drove through.

CAI Intake, MRT V2 exhaust, SE Hot Wheels style wheels.
Noomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #38
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
I'm baffled that there are still so many stories about people taking pictures and videos of Camaros. These cars are a dime a dozen here.
They still get looks because 99 of every 100 cars today are 4 door sedan or a boxy
SUVs. When I'm in Florida there's thousands all over- I still check them all out.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
These cars along with challengers are still pretty scarce where I live. I can only think of one other ZL1 close to me. Mustangs and gen 4 camaros are the norm around here. Actually, trucks are the norm.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #40
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
I've seen plenty of Camaros where I live, but almost all of them are V6 rentals for soldiers at West Point. I can tell there from Enterprise since they don't bother to get an inspection sticker, .... or insurance..... and they don't register them after the first time when there new. They all have PA plates and no sticker on the plate.

It 's easy to tell the rental Camaros around here since they have no stickers in the window..... and get pulled over for it all the time!
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #41
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
There are a lot of Camaros around here, but mine still gets a lot of attention. Last week, my wife and I pulled into an O'Reilly Automotive store. When we came out, some chick was taking pictures of her son standing by the car. He was about 10 years old. They were both going on about how they love the car. I was in a hurry and didn't ask him if he wanted to sit in it. I didn't think about that until it was too late. Probably was better off that way, since his Mom wasn't bad looking...

A few days ago, the female security guard at work stopped me on my way in. She's in love with the car too.

I tell you.. Camaros can get a guy in trouble! In more ways than one.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #42
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon14 View Post
I was getting gas and a van pulled up and a girl got out and started screaming I love your car and started taking pictures. When I started it up she went crazy.
Musta been from So. Beloit.....maybe even my sister.

Last edited by Ruebernard; 06-15-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Ruebernard is offline   Reply With Quote