The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Norris Camaro

Drives: Camaro Z/28
Exclamation Sports Cars Not Selling These Days

Here are two interesting viewpoints about Sports Cars and Vehicles in general not selling these days according to this guy. I found it interesting and sad at the same time. I personally think Muscle Cars and Sports Cars will be around for a long time yet to come but I understand why young people today have no great passion for Cars. Sharing here to see opinions on the subject.

Norris Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Biggest issue for me is the cost, gas alone was putting a big dent into what I was saving per month.

premium gas was a 1.50/L + this past summer (I'm in Canada). I was spending a 120 dollars plus a week just on gas most ppl my age (24) don't have the income to buy a brand new car and then be spending 500ish on gas a month.

put 12000 km (7456 miles) on it between the end of July and October and loved every minute of it so the sacrifices are worth it for me
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:34 AM   #3
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
fake news
Old 01-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #4
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sports cars will either fade away or not. Nothing we can about that. If they quit making them, they ALL become classics .LOL

As far as video number 2....Eh. Not my problem. I can afford it. My kids can afford it. People should get an education and live within their means.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Sports cars will either fade away or not. Nothing we can about that. If they quit making them, they ALL become classics .LOL

As far as video number 2....Eh. Not my problem. I can afford it. My kids can afford it. People should get an education and live within their means.
Of course, because university is within everyones means and decent jobs right out of school in your chosen field are a guarantee.

Otherwise, you'd have tons of young people burdened with tons of debt unable to get well paying jobs. And without a well paying job, that debt is going to be dragging them down for years and years & potentially messing up their credit rating which then makes it even harder for them to buy a brand new car. Not like they'd even consider buying new when they're only working part time as a Starbucks barista anyway. And we all know that nothing like that is happening to anyone.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Of course, because university is within everyones means and decent jobs right out of school in your chosen field are a guarantee.

Otherwise, you'd have tons of young people burdened with tons of debt unable to get well paying jobs. And without a well paying job, that debt is going to be dragging them down for years and years & potentially messing up their credit rating which then makes it even harder for them to buy a brand new car. Not like they'd even consider buying new when they're only working part time as a Starbucks barista anyway. And we all know that nothing like that is happening to anyone.
Education doesn’t just mean University. For example, I have a friend who’s a welder that makes a very, VERY, good living. Never stepped foot in a University. But he found a way to educate himself and get ahead in life. I’m guessing welding school doesn’t cost $30-50gs a year for four years.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
I believe joining the trades - craftsman, electrician, welder, plumber etc actually does cost a little bit of money. Then you have to do an apprenticeship. Then you have to hope you land a good gig to start making the decent $$ - eventually you can earn a lot in them. I think its still expensive to do anything education wise. I was lucky with academic and athletic money for school - but I still have more than my fair share of debt. This whole college thing is really getting insane lol. Its even worse now, but this article shows in the past 30 years - the average price of a college degree has gone up 1,120%. My generation is going to have a lot of things like sports cars or owning a personal vehicle die off because most just can swing a purchase like that until their 45 and have their loans paid off. Its nuts
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #8
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Camaro View Post
Here are two interesting viewpoints about Sports Cars and Vehicles in general not selling these days according to this guy. I found it interesting and sad at the same time. I personally think Muscle Cars and Sports Cars will be around for a long time yet to come but I understand why young people today have no great passion for Cars. Sharing here to see opinions on the subject.

Nailed it .