The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: Which question should we ask Al?
A strut tower brace is listed as an order-able option…is it helpful? Needed? 21 42.86%
Can you detail Modifications? Factory-adjustable settings? for the “ZLE" record Nurburgring run? 19 38.78%
Why was the decision made not to include a front camera on the Gen 6 Camaro? 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Dec 2017 - "Ask Al" - Poll #2

Time to vote for Poll #2.

Below are the three threads with additional discussion.

1) A strut tower brace is listed as an order-able option…is it helpful? Needed?

2) The ZL1 1LE has many adjustable settings for the track. Can you tell us about the “ZLE" that lapped the Nurburgring Nordschleife? Modifications? Factory-adjustable settings?

3) Why was the decision made not to include a front camera on the Gen 6 Camaro?
Old 12-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
These aren't interesting topics in my opinion!
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzySS View Post
Then be part of the solution and ask one for the next poll.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Did " transmission shudder"
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Shorty45

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1, M6
Can I ask what metrics are being used to determine the question that is being considered? For instance, Why did the Nurburgring question make it vs the question about all those having problems launching M6 ZL1?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty45 View Post
Can I ask what metrics are being used to determine the question that is being considered? For instance, Why did the Nurburgring question make it vs the question about all those having problems launching M6 ZL1?
This.

Also, I haven't done a manual post count, but it sure feels that the example mentioned above, the A8 trans shudder issue, must have had more exposure than at least one of these candidates. Perhaps there is a policy against troubleshooting or defect questions? No sour grapes, I'd genuinely like to know.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Yawn.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:31 AM   #8
killervette666

Drives: 1979 Corvette
Why is the A8 trans shudder issue not included? It has 45 comments, while the Strut tower brace one only has 32 comments, the ZL1 1LE question has 15 comments, and the No front camera question also has only 15 comments. It is consistently the most common question on here, and people are demanding answers because GM and its dealerships haven't provided any reason or explanation for all the issues/fixes. Please explain the reasoning why that question is not an option. Thanks.
killervette666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:12 AM   #9
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
AIN'T NO WAY the engineers at GM are going to open themselves up on a forum about the A8 transmission issues.......LOL
Old 12-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #10
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Did " transmission shudder"
+1

I'll read between the lines as to why transmission shudder didn't make the poll list. :(

No vote

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 12-09-2017 at 08:00 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:05 AM   #11
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This.

Also, I haven't done a manual post count, but it sure feels that the example mentioned above, the A8 trans shudder issue, must have had more exposure than at least one of these candidates. Perhaps there is a policy against troubleshooting or defect questions? No sour grapes, I'd genuinely like to know.
My thoughts exactly!

What in the heck!??

If these are meant to be easy softball questions to simulate an open discussion with the GM team, just label it as that and there won't be any surprises going forward.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:07 AM   #12
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Softball questions...
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
With a poll of three questions, someone is always going to feel left out. (The three chosen here were all posed well before the trans shudder thread appeared, IIRC...)

Regardless, don't stress, there will be more polls....My topic (so called reclining seats that don't fully recline) is an issue in every 6thGen Camaro built, but doubtful it will ever win the poll, or might after many others...

If you feel it's an easy/softball question, the answer should come quickly and the next poll created soon thereafter.

I voted for the track settings question....Who knows, the answer to this one may also include why or why not a strut tower brace was or wasn't used at the 'Ring...It might be a 2fer...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
With a poll of three questions, someone is always going to feel left out. (The three chosen here were all posed well before the trans shudder thread appeared, IIRC...)

Regardless, don't stress, there will be more polls....My topic (so called reclining seats that don't fully recline) is an issue in every 6thGen Camaro built, but doubtful it will ever win the poll, or might after many others...

If you feel it's an easy/softball question, the answer should come quickly and the next poll created soon thereafter.

I voted for the track settings question....Who knows, the answer to this one may also include why or why not a strut tower brace was or wasn't used at the 'Ring...It might be a 2fer...lol
Exactly... We can definitely circle back around on some questions and with everyone's help make them better. Sorry if you feel these are soft but I'm really interested in #2 and IMO an answer there will be an interesting read.

Two questions on the 1st poll were actually answered. No lift shift which was hardly a soft question and then production stats came out last week.

Even the answers aren't going to please everyone and some questions will no doubt create even more questions, but as we saw with NLS our savvy members here were pretty good at figuring out and answering the follow on questions.

No problem bumping previously asked questions. If they just can't be answered we will advise and close the thread. If you have favorite, post them up with thread links and we'll get started on Poll #3. We're trying to get something new off the ground here so please be patient as we search for a few gold nuggets and get rolling.