The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: October 2017 - Poll 1 || Which Question should we ask Al?
What were the ZL1 1LE adjustments and settings for the Nürburgring Nordschleife hero lap? 30 18.18%
How does Camaro SS/V8 No Lift Shift feature work, exactly? (Multi-part question) 79 47.88%
What were the final 2017 Production Statistics? (eg. breakdown of options, trims, colors, etc) 56 33.94%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Oct 2017 - Poll 1

And here we have it!

The first poll of the section!!

Thanks for all the great thread, keep going - NONE are "done" until you stop posting in them!

Vote for the thread/Question above that you wish to ask Al and the Camaro Team. The poll will close on Tuesday the 17th, at midnight EST. At that point, we'll pass the question on, and eagerly await a reply from the powers that be!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
And just for ease of access, here are the original posts for the three questions.

If you want to go back and re-read the threads, click on the little white-on-blue '[>]' button beside the 'Originally Posted by ___ ' line

Post for Option #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
Being a Camaro owner form the original Gen I F-Body Cars I would like to applaud the Design and Engineering Team for all their Blood Sweat and Tears that paid off in the form of the Gen6 and the 2018 ZL1 1LE, Bravo!

Some of us purchased the new ZL1 1LE exclusively to use every available ounce of performance for Track use. I know that the factory car's stasis and chassis settings at the time of delivery more than likely differed from the settings and adjustments made to the ZL1 1LE that achieved the record setting Nürburgring Lap.

Can you please enlighten your fellow ZL1 1LE Enthusiasts, Drivers and Mechanics on what final adjustments and setting were made to the car to achieve the Nürburgring Lap.

Thank you for taking time to help in the pursuit of performance.

Respectfully,

Mr. P/H
Post for Option #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Al,
My primary reason for asking this question is to confirm that the No-Lift Shift (NLS) algorithm is functioning properly on my 2017 1SS. At this year's Camaro Fest in Bowling Green, I asked during the Q&A about the NLS algorithm and you confirmed it was enabled on all 6th gen manual transmission Camaro SS cars. I recently tested the feature out and it did not work how I was expecting. Could you please help me clear up the following questions:

1. When the accelerator pedal is at 100% and remains there throughout the procedure, what should engine speed do as the clutch pedal gets depressed and the shift lever moved to the next gear? Does engine speed jump to and get held at 6500 RPM or is engine speed supposed to reduce?

2. What are the enable criteria for the no-lift shift algorithm?

3. Is the algorithm tuned exactly the same between the SS 1LE and SS without 1LE package?

Background information and follow-up questions:
When I perform a no-lift upshift, as I depress the clutch the engine speed will go to 6500 RPM and stay there similar to this video below. I'm concerned that the feature is not working as intended and it might just be hitting a normal rev limiter. Another example is in this post as well: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=24

However, others (specifically with the SS 1LE) have PDR videos of executing a similar shift and engine speed drops to match up with the next gear. Reference this video:

Which video demonstrates the NLS feature operating properly? Does PTM in the 1SS 1LE impact the NLS algorithm?

Post for Option #3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
What were the final 2017 Production Statistics? (e.g. how many SS 1LE's, color breakdown, option %, etc.)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Vote now!!!!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #4
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Will any of the other questions be considered for November?

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
And just for ease of access, here are the original posts for the three questions.

If you want to go back and re-read the threads, click on the little white-on-blue '[>]' button beside the 'Originally Posted by ___ ' line

Post for Option #1

Post for Option #2

Post for Option #3:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Vote now!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Will any of the other questions be considered for November?
Absolutely. In fact, we're asking a question twice a month, so there'll be another one in a couple weeks.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #6
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Old 10-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #7
Franko07

Drives: 17 white 1LE
There should be no reason why GM cant answer all of these.
Franko07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko07 View Post
There should be no reason why GM cant answer all of these.
I'm sure they can and will with time.

Lets see how this goes and have some fun with it.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #9
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
The first option would be more enticing if it were expanded to all Nurburgring settings (i.e. ZL1, SS 1LE, SS).

As it is it won't get traction (pun semi-intended) because it's only relevant for ZL1 1LE owners.

Last edited by WhyUMad1LE; 10-11-2017 at 10:36 PM.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #10
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The first option would be more enticing if it were expanded to all Nurburgring settings (i.e. ZL1, SS 1LE, SS).

As it is it won't get traction (pun semi-intended) because it's only relevant for ZL1 1LE owners.
Is anyone planning on running the ring anytime soon in their Camaro? No? Because the settings used for the record lap will be specific to that unique track as well as driver.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:20 AM   #11
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Is anyone planning on running the ring anytime soon in their Camaro? No? Because the settings used for the record lap will be specific to that unique track as well as driver.
So are the settings from factory. Maybe some people want to use it as a baseline. What's it to you?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:31 AM   #12
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
So are the settings from factory. Maybe some people want to use it as a baseline. What's it to you?
Just trying to shed some light that a factory backed race program will have the car dialed specifically to the track, weather that day, and driver style/preference. I can appreciate the curiosity.....but the specs wouldn’t do anything in regards to a proper stating point for an amateur that doesn’t already know this.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #13
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Just trying to shed some light that a factory backed race program will have the car dialed specifically to the track, weather that day, and driver style/preference. I can appreciate the curiosity.....but the specs wouldn’t do anything in regards to a proper stating point for an amateur that doesn’t already know this.
The car was factory spec except for seats and racing equipment. I think the point of focus of that question was the factory suspension settings such as rear stab bar, front height, front camber plates, PTM settings.

IMO, It'll be interesting to know, more than anything...I remember someone pointed out that the Rev-Match assist was turned off. Which, clearly, is a driver-preference thing. But neat to know.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #14
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I really hope we can get clarification on the no lift shift feature so I can start using it!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote