Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-17-2015, 03:51 AM   #1
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
looking for better fuel pump

So I Bought the ZL1 pump but seems I'll be at its limit with my set up. Anyone have a recommended fuel pump to use that's just a bit better than the zl1? I'll be happy with 700whp. That seems to be about the limit of this pump. I'd just like to get something so I have more leeway.

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
you could add a BAP, or do a Livernois, or go to Squash.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:17 AM   #3
CamaroRich

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Time for a dual pump system.
CamaroRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:18 AM   #4
2010_camaro

Ya didn't really wanna dump a grand plus into a fuel pump. Just hoping to find a little stronger than the zl1 pump. I've see AEM fuel pumps saying they can support 1000hp.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #5
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
Ya didn't really wanna dump a grand plus into a fuel pump. Just hoping to find a little stronger than the zl1 pump. I've see AEM fuel pumps saying they can support 1000hp.
I'm in the same boat as you. I also have a ZL1 pump, but have a BAP and a meth system as well. It made 741 rwhp, but I may be looking for a little more in a fuel system.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #6
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Sure there are aftermarket pumps that support big power, but they don't drop in. You need the fuel hat/adapters/etc. Fore makes a nice one, so does squash. Run twin AEM 320s and that is good for ~1100rwhp on gas. Other option is Livernois/LPE/CTSV style OEM dual pumps that should be good for ~800 but if you are doing it again, just do it once, do a nice aftermarket setup and forget about it.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #7
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
We have correct fuel systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Sure there are aftermarket pumps that support big power, but they don't drop in. You need the fuel hat/adapters/etc. Fore makes a nice one, so does squash. Run twin AEM 320s and that is good for ~1100rwhp on gas. Other option is Livernois/LPE/CTSV style OEM dual pumps that should be good for ~800 but if you are doing it again, just do it once, do a nice aftermarket setup and forget about it.
ADM Performance has correct twin pump systems in stock,starting at 750 rwhp capable to 2000rwhp capable.

Feel free to call me and we can get you in the right direction.

214-228-8782 9-5 m-f
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS/RS, Red 85 Z28
Livernois's dual pump

I just purchased the Livernois dual pump, it's expensive but it'll take you to 800 rwhp, this pump just drops in in place of your old pump no plumbing no electrical to do, if you add a BAP for more power I heard somewhere around 1000 rwhp "not sure just what I've read"
AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400372

Last edited by BadAquaBluSS; 01-17-2015 at 10:58 PM.
BadAquaBluSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Can't go wrong with ADM stuff. Forgot about his twin setup. For ~800rwhp I would go that route for sure.

1000+ I would do a Fore triple but that is me, and I've had great luck with Fore.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
ADM PERFORMANCE

From other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniels3 View Post
I just saw that Lonnies makes a drop in dual system thats plug and play like the Livernois dual. It seems that Lonnies and Livernois drop right where as Lingenfelter and Adm have additional wiring and something with the fpcm. Maybe someone can explain the differences.
Here is the problem:

You cant run a CTSV TWIN PUMP(We all are using) on factory CAMARO SS Fuel pump control module safely. The Factory Camaro SS Fuel pump control module was designed and engineered to run 1 pump.

The reason LPE and ADM use new wiring and "CTSV FUEL PUMP CONTROL MODULE" is that we understand that it was designed to do the job "RIGHT".

Just because you buy a TWIN PUMP from a vendor that says it plug and play does not make it right.......

At ADM we have a quote that we do business by every day - "Is it good enough,the customer will decide"

Feel free to spend money with ADM Performance,we might have just saved you a very big headache in the future.

Andy
Old 01-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #11
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniels3 View Post
I just saw that Lonnies makes a drop in dual system thats plug and play like the Livernois dual. It seems that Lonnies and Livernois drop right where as Lingenfelter and Adm have additional wiring and something with the fpcm. Maybe someone can explain the differences.
Here is the problem:

You cant run a CTSV TWIN PUMP(We all are using) on factory CAMARO SS Fuel pump control module safely. The Factory Camaro SS Fuel pump control module was designed and engineered to run 1 pump.

The reason LPE and ADM use new wiring and "CTSV FUEL PUMP CONTROL MODULE" is that we understand that it was designed to do the job "RIGHT".

Just because you buy a TWIN PUMP from a vendor that says it plug and play does not make it right.......

At ADM we have a quote that we do business by every day - "Is it good enough,the customer will decide"

Feel free to spend money with ADM Performance,we might have just saved you a very big headache in the future.

Andy
That is some good info right there!
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #12
2010_camaro

I know people say don't cheap out on a fuel set up but I just don't want to drop a ton of cash. I've already have 300 in the ZL1 pump.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #13
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
I know people say don't cheap out on a fuel set up but I just don't want to drop a ton of cash. I've already have 300 in the ZL1 pump.
Is what it is.BTW 300 is to much for a zl1 pump

$229 here http://lsaconversion.com/collections...-zl1-fuel-pump
Old 01-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #14
Ret Fuzz
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Your only going to run out of Fuel Once.... Pressure is everything... Then it becomes way more expensive.
Ret Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote