Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #14827
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Ok Saturday I was on a mission to by a stingray. I've really never really been a vette fan and I believe I know why. New the prices where more than I wanted to pay loved the z 06 and not price new. I got to look at a limited edition and it was almost 90k. I almost had a heart attack over price. He said I could order but I've always been a buy now and taste now kinda guy and I didn't want to pay 70 k for one. So today I did what I thought was best and bought an 2009 z06 and couldn't be happier. Car is unique and I spent 35 k less. I saved enough money to go to legitimate shop and have some mods done. I'm so excited!!! I went to Maxie price after I bought and they had two new stingrays. I'm really not a fan of the front. To lincoln for me. I may own one one day but I'll wait when prices are 25k lower.
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #14828
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Ok Saturday I was on a mission to by a stingray. I've really never really been a vette fan and I believe I know why. New the prices where more than I wanted to pay loved the z 06 and not price new. I got to look at a limited edition and it was almost 90k. I almost had a heart attack over price. He said I could order but I've always been a buy now and taste now kinda guy and I didn't want to pay 70 k for one. So today I did what I thought was best and bought an 2009 z06 and couldn't be happier. Car is unique and I spent 35 k less. I saved enough money to go to legitimate shop and have some mods done. I'm so excited!!! I went to Maxie price after I bought and they had two new stingrays. I'm really not a fan of the front. To lincoln for me. I may own one one day but I'll wait when prices are 25k lower.

Congrats man! What color did you get?

Oh and this is in addition to the Camaro, right?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #14829
blake2010ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to blake2010ss Send a message via MSN to blake2010ss
If i felt like starting over in payments, I would buy a c6 z06 in a heartbeat. bang for the buck on them is unbelievable. I have seen some from 07-08 year that were high 30's to mid 40's with bolt ons on already. easily 500rwhp and 3200 lbs. Congrats on the purchase (and can i get a ride? )

416, AGP 6262, E85, Cam
blake2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #14830
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Atlanta Club Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
Yep not mine.

Hey josh can you post up an after video?
Jeff - you got a PM

Last edited by Southern Comfort; 10-07-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #14831
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Rhunley14 your living my dream...turbo Camaro and z06.....

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #14832
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Hey guys! Sorry I be been so AFK lately... School + some exciting projects have kept me out of the Camaro/modding scene lately.

Still hunting that engine problem!

The basics of it are,

-idle is rough as shit, I mean, the engine quits when I reverse into the garage and go from reverse -> park

-error codes are "fuel trim lean bank 1 and 2"

-tunes by Jannetty racing, so I data logged and sent it back, he said fuel trims are at +24% and it must be a massive vacuum leak

-the quest begins! First thought is the vararam is leaking, I disassemble and inspect, seal the stock system with gasket sealer, reassemble. No joy.

-Now for the spray tests to try and isolate it. The car is very unstable at idle so it's hard to tell when it "dips or surges" from the spray-bottle test or carb cleaner test

-3 weekends of hunting for it when I can results in nothing, about to pay for a smoke test but idk... It just doesn't seem to be one if I can't isolate anything when it's supposed to be a "massive leak"

Brings me to this: I've heard faulty O2 sensors can cause lean codes, making the fuel trims try to compensate. I ran a data log in the live link software on everything in the O2 category and there were 4 log-able values.

So bank 1 and 2 sensor 1's values ranged from 4-200 volts and responded very quickly

Bank 1 and 2 sensor 2's is where the issue is, the 1,2 sensor ranged from 1-40v and the 2-2 reads 0.01-0.09v... Only averaging 0.01 volts... Very strange huh?

My understanding is each side of the exhaust has 2 sensors 1 forward and 1 behind the catalytic converter. Since the system is symmetrical the values should be alike right?

Is this nightmare over? Think it's just a bad o2 sensor?

Edit; also, if anyone ever needs to reach me feel free to PM me, it goes straight to my email on my phone as a flagged message so even if I don't check the thread I'll get it.

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316

Last edited by HubStep; 10-08-2013 at 12:51 AM.
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #14833
Josh @ Spartan LSX

Drives: A wrench
The 1LE belongs to a gentleman by the name of Scott. I do not think he frequents the forums. Beautiful car though. I'll get some sound bites but it's already got a Borla system / high flow cats on it that another shop boogered up. We're replacing the high flow cat install with some LT's and matching cats. Will probably sound about the same but I'll post a vid regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Auburn GA.
When you get around to cleaning that filthy thing I want to get some pictures of it for the website.

FWIW to those wondering, we're about 5 miles outside of HWY 316 in Lawrenceville. 10-15 mins from Buford / Mall of Ga area. Bout 30-35mins from Cumming, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubStep View Post
Hey guys! Sorry I be been so AFK lately... School + some exciting projects have kept me out of the Camaro/modding scene lately.

Still hunting that engine problem!

The basics of it are,

-idle is rough as shit, I mean, the engine quits when I reverse into the garage and go from reverse -> park

-error codes are "fuel trim lean bank 1 and 2"

-tunes by Jannetty racing, so I data logged and sent it back, he said fuel trims are at +24% and it must be a massive vacuum leak

-the quest begins! First thought is the vararam is leaking, I disassemble and inspect, deal the stock system with gasket sealer, reassemble. No joy.

-Now for the spray tests to try and isolate it. The car is very unstable at idle so it's hard to tell when it "dips or surges" from the spray-bottle test or carb cleaner test

-3 weekends of hunting for it when I can results in nothing, about to pay for a smoke test but idk... It just doesn't seem to be one if I can't isolate anything when it's supposed to be a "massive leak"

Brings me to this: I've heard faulty O2 sensors can cause lean codes, making the fuel trims try to compensate. I ran a data log in the live link software on everything in the O2 category and there were 4 log-able values.

So bank 1 and 2 sensor 1's values ranged from 4-200 volts and responded very quickly

Bank 1 and 2 sensor 2's is where the issue is, the 1,2 sensor ranged from 1-40v and the 2-2 reads 0.01-0.09v... Only averaging 0.01 volts... Very strange huh?

My understanding is each side of the exhaust has 2 sensors 1 forward and 1 behind the catalytic converter. Since the system is symmetrical the values should be alike right?

Is this nightmare over? Think it's just a bad o2 sensor?

Edit; also, if anyone ever needs to reach me feel free to PM me, it goes straight to my email on my phone as a flagged message so even if I don't check the thread I'll get it.
I can fix your problem if you're sick of dealing with it. +24 trims can be a vacuum leak, and I've actually seen MAF / SD calibrations be that far out of wack too. Fuel trims that positive can / will cause a terrible idle.

Your 02's should be switching from ~440mv - 900mv between bank 1 & 2. If they're not switching properly, that can also be causing your problem. I would not worry about what your post-cat 02's are doing in terms of fixing your current issue, they're there for catalytic monitoring.

Let me know if I can help. I'd be willing to look at the tune for free and let you know my opinion.
Josh @ Spartan LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #14834
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh @ Spartan LSX View Post
Let me know if I can help. I'd be willing to look at the tune for free and let you know my opinion.
Assuming it isn't *locked*
Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #14835
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
The 1LE belongs to a gentleman by the name of Scott. I do not think he frequents the forums. Beautiful car though. I'll get some sound bites but it's already got a Borla system / high flow cats on it that another shop boogered up. We're replacing the high flow cat install with some LT's and matching cats. Will probably sound about the same but I'll post a vid regardless.

When you get around to cleaning that filthy thing I want to get some pictures of it for the website.

FWIW to those wondering, we're about 5 miles outside of HWY 316 in Lawrenceville. 10-15 mins from Buford / Mall of Ga area. Bout 30-35mins from Cumming, etc.

I can fix your problem if you're sick of dealing with it. +24 trims can be a vacuum leak, and I've actually seen MAF / SD calibrations be that far out of wack too. Fuel trims that positive can / will cause a terrible idle.

Your 02's should be switching from ~440mv - 900mv between bank 1 & 2. If they're not switching properly, that can also be causing your problem. I would not worry about what your post-cat 02's are doing in terms of fixing your current issue, they're there for catalytic monitoring.

Ok great! I'll PM you stuff in the morning.

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #14836
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Jeff - you got a PM
Hey Chris I didn't get a PM from you last night.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #14837
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Didn't realize you were that close to me. Maybe a 3-5 minute drive from my house over off Fence Rd.

If I swing by, do you think you can retrofit two more cylinders under my hood??
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #14838
Josh @ Spartan LSX

Drives: A wrench
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
Didn't realize you were that close to me. Maybe a 3-5 minute drive from my house over off Fence Rd.

LOL. I've got a 383ci and a 427ci sitting on engine stands right now. We can make something happen.

I've seen your car around. I think I used to see it at the McD's here in town once in a while. I love that color, it "pops" when you look at it.

Feel free to stop by any time. We're on Etheridge / Scott Ind Blvd, right across from the Ingles.
Josh @ Spartan LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #14839
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post

I thought I'd posted in this thread, but I was thinking a similar thought.........what can he do for a V6?

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #14840
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I thought I'd posted in this thread, but I was thinking a similar thought.........what can he do for a V6?
A wash and wax maybe?? LoL .. two coats should be good for +2 mph (depending on polymer content of the wax of course)

I'm starting to have that V8 envy .... even though I like my car, it's missing two cylinders

Maybe by the time the 50yr anni comes out, I'll be ready to trade up!

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep