Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
gtoimpulse

Drives: 2012 SS 45th, 2020 ZL1 1LE
I have been taking my car to the same dealer you went to the first time Crayzme for 2.5 yrs and at least four visits for my top rubbing. It is currently there getting the top "adjusted" at an upholstery shop. Let me know how Ed Morse service turns out, I have three months of warranty left and need this addressed.
gtoimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #16
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I've had a hole starting to wear for a while now just behind the right rear window, just below the belt line. Dealer confirmed it but said wait till it starts leaking, that way I've used as much of the warranty as possible (I'm on an extended warranty from GM - no more after this one expires). There hadn't been any water leaks yet.

But today my wife got a footfull of water as she was sitting in the front passenger seat. And sure enough, the back passenger footwell area has water in it. I've got 17,000 miles left on this warranty & once this top goes on, it probably won't fail again until after the warranty is expired. This will be the 4th piece of fabric, and the 3rd frame.

WHEN will someone get this right?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I've had a hole starting to wear for a while now just behind the right rear window, just below the belt line. Dealer confirmed it but said wait till it starts leaking, that way I've used as much of the warranty as possible (I'm on an extended warranty from GM - no more after this one expires). There hadn't been any water leaks yet.

But today my wife got a footfull of water as she was sitting in the front passenger seat. And sure enough, the back passenger footwell area has water in it. I've got 17,000 miles left on this warranty & once this top goes on, it probably won't fail again until after the warranty is expired. This will be the 4th piece of fabric, and the 3rd frame.

WHEN will someone get this right?
For any dealer to tell you to wait until the hole starts leaking is just crazy. That dealer needs to be reported to GM for plain ignorance, avoiding a problem, piss poor customer service! If that dealer was worth a damn you'd be getting a complete new top. Go to another dealer, call GM. Trying to fix a defective designed top is useless. The only true, long term fix is a top that is the newest design, the top they are putting in the new cars man!
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #18
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsRS12 View Post
For any dealer to tell you to wait until the hole starts leaking is just crazy. That dealer needs to be reported to GM for plain ignorance, avoiding a problem, piss poor customer service! If that dealer was worth a damn you'd be getting a complete new top. Go to another dealer, call GM. Trying to fix a defective designed top is useless. The only true, long term fix is a top that is the newest design, the top they are putting in the new cars man!
Supposedly, the new one is the one that was put in most recently. The top shop that did the install seemed to do it right - there have been no rub marks, the top doesn't touch the back edge of the storage well when it's down.....this little hole is wierd - I can't even figure out what's hitting it.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #19
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
These cars are awesome but the 2011, 2012 tops are the weakness. If they can't fix it, you have good cause to seek a huge rebate on a brand new car. I would gather all documents and go seek a new car from GM. If a good part of ownership involves nothing but dealing with problems with the top, you deserve some kind of massive deal to satisfy you. Im sure the money you gave them was 100% non-defective.
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #20
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsRS12 View Post
These cars are awesome but the 2011, 2012 tops are the weakness. If they can't fix it, you have good cause to seek a huge rebate on a brand new car. I would gather all documents and go seek a new car from GM. If a good part of ownership involves nothing but dealing with problems with the top, you deserve some kind of massive deal to satisfy you. Im sure the money you gave them was 100% non-defective.
Thanks for the support....here's part of the wording from the $2,500 settlement I got from Gm (and $2700 for the lawyer). To my understanding, I can't get anything else from Gm for this defect:

I______, (hereinafter referred to as "Releasor(s)"), on behalf of myself/ourselves and my/our assigns, heirs and executors, in consideration of $ 5,200.00 paid by General Motors Company, hereby release(s) and discharge(s) General Motors Corporation, Motors Liquidation Company, General Motors Company, their subsidiaries, their authorized independent dealers, any designers and suppliers of vehicles, parts and components that are distributed by them, and their respective agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as "Releasees") from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, damages, and claims for attorney's fees and costs which directly or indirectly arise from, are related to, or are in any way associated with the purchase, repair, maintenance, operation, alteration, or use of Releasor(s) 2012 Chevrolet Camaro bearing Vehicle Identification Number 2GI FC3D38C9107369 ("Subject Vehicle"), including but not limited to any claims based on any alleged defects in the subject vehicle. This Release of Claim shall not be construed to release any of the above named persons or entities from any liability regarding claims of personal injury or products liability arising out of the use or operation of the Subject Vehicle after the date of execution of this release. Notwithstanding the above, General Motors Company agrees to honor the remaining term of the manufacturer's express limited warranty and any applicable GM Protection Plans which accompanied the sale of the subject vehicle. If Releasor(s) has/have initiated any court, arbitration or other proceeding against Releasees, Releasor( s) immediately will dismiss the proceeding with prejudice.

The subject vehicle's mileage is on the date of the signing of this release.

Releasor( s) has/have carefully read and understand( s) this release. Releasor(s) agree(s) and acknowledge(s) that this Release constitutes the entire agreement between Releasor(s) and Releasees, and Releasor( s) is/are not relying on any representations, promises or inducements other than those stated in this release.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, YOU ARE SIGNIFYING THAT YOU HAVE READ IT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #21
batone
2012 2SS/RS vert 6spd

Drives: 2012 Convertible SS/RS
I just bought a 2012 SS/RS two months ago, and now I am finding this thread! Crap on a cracker, can someone tell me what I need to be looking for? I have only driven car in rain a couple of times and it wasnt hard rain, but havent noticed any water when washing. car has 12,000 miles and it was bought as GM CPO car. I need to figure out what I am looking for now so I can get this corrected. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #22
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Gonna pick up my car tomorrow. Along with the hole wearing in the top, the dealership KNEW the frame was squeaking badly. Yet, the upholstery shop that replaced the top told me they just replaced the fabric, per the current "recall".

Now, I'm gonna have to tell this dealership to get the frame replaced; this means more time without my car. It really isn't worth it anymore; after 1 new frame & 4 new fabric pieces, I just want to get rid of this problem child.

Thanks a lot GM, for your POOR QUALITY - both PRODUCT and SERVICE!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #23
Botrod

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS Vert
Same here what should I be looking for? Is this all am issue with the seal where the top meets the trunk? Mine has a bit of a gap but I'm not seeing water in the interior or anything.
Botrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #24
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
I had to dump my car because of the non help from gm and the dealers. all of them around here just acted arrogant. we have weak lemon laws in my state and they know it, and abuse the customers because of it.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:41 AM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I had my top and frame replaced last November and so far it has been fine with no rub marks or anything. But it took a year and a half before I had issues with the first one. So I am still watching it closely.