Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #71
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
also IMO,
I think GM should automatically be extending the time frame for the tops and bags for anyone that has experienced the more major problems ie broken 5th bow, floods, holes in top etc.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #72
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I got my build sheet today, looks like it was built August 29th 2011, I bought it June 18th 2012 so it had been sitting on the lots about 10 months. It looks like it was traded around a few times to different dealers too. Kind of puts the built on Monday or Friday lemon rule to rest.
Your Build Sheet showed the car's history following initial delivery from the factory? Very interesting; similar to a CarFax.

Curious, how many miles were on the car when you took delivery?

Here's my speculation. If your car was dealer-traded and demonstrated a few times, the 5th Bow may have already been replaced and it's in good shape now. :wink:
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
Your Build Sheet showed the car's history following initial delivery from the factory? Very interesting; similar to a CarFax.

Curious, how many miles were on the car when you took delivery?

Here's my speculation. If your car was dealer-traded and demonstrated a few times, the 5th Bow may have already been replaced and it's in good shape now. :wink:
Well all it showed was the original dealer that ordered the car, and Becky told me that that wasn't the dealer they got it from, so I put two and two together. I can't remember exactly the miles were on it when we picked it up but I remember it was over 100. I don't know how far away the dealer they got it from was but I know they drove it there. I looked the car over good and there were no problems with the paint or anything, so I don't know how much it was used before we got it. I am sure that Becky checked over the service history and if anything major like top replacement had been done she would have told me before we made the deal. In fact one car she found us first she found out had been loaned out to a friend of the owner for a month. So she said she wouldn't trade for that one.
I am very happy with the car we have. We are now approaching 9,000 miles so the little it was used before we got it is not a concern with me.... So far I have nothing to complain about.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-03-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #74
Michael Rophone

Quote:
...the little it was used before we got it is not a concern with me....
Same here. My '01 Corvette had 83 miles on it when I bought it. It, too, had sat for ten months because it was green and an automatic. It's been trouble-free since June 2002.

Car nuts fainted when I told them the mileage, saying, "You should have taken delivery at the factory."

These cars are were obviously waiting to find us. :wink:

I'm not sure whether a CarFax would show any service work performed on a vehicle before it's titled. But, judging from your early build date, your delivery date, and no 5th Bow failure, I suspect you have a 2nd Generation 5th Bow.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #75
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Same here. My '01 Corvette had 83 miles on it when I bought it. It, too, had sat for ten months because it was green and an automatic. It's been trouble-free since June 2002.

Car nuts fainted when I told them the mileage, saying, "You should have taken delivery at the factory."

These cars are were obviously waiting to find us. :wink:

I'm not sure whether a CarFax would show any service work performed on a vehicle before it's titled. But, judging from your early build date, your delivery date, and no 5th Bow failure, I suspect you have a 2nd Generation 5th Bow.
Cool.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #76
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
I ordered my 2012 vert the 1st week of Sept 11 and it was delivered to the dealer on 2nd week of Oct 11. I had 18,500 miles of trouble free driving. Opened and closed the top hundreds of times..no problem. Temp was in the mid 60s, car was in the garage, I opened the top as usual and when it got to the midway point, I heard a loud pop...the 5th bow let go/bent/broke. I was lucky enough to be able to close it so I could get it to the dealer. There was no warning at all, after it lets go the top becomes loose in the back, and pulls away at the seal where the top meets the trunk area. There are some good pics on this site of the damage, it looked exactly the same as the pics posted here. Buying an 2012 did not matter for me, the 5th bow in my car must have been the same one installed in the 2011's, no upgraded stronger bow. It was replaced under warranty.
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #77
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsRS12 View Post
I ordered my 2012 vert the 1st week of Sept 11 and it was delivered to the dealer on 2nd week of Oct 11. I had 18,500 miles of trouble free driving. Opened and closed the top hundreds of times..no problem. Temp was in the mid 60s, car was in the garage, I opened the top as usual and when it got to the midway point, I heard a loud pop...the 5th bow let go/bent/broke. I was lucky enough to be able to close it so I could get it to the dealer. There was no warning at all, after it lets go the top becomes loose in the back, and pulls away at the seal where the top meets the trunk area. There are some good pics on this site of the damage, it looked exactly the same as the pics posted here. Buying an 2012 did not matter for me, the 5th bow in my car must have been the same one installed in the 2011's, no upgraded stronger bow. It was replaced under warranty.
Well that's encouraging...:(
Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #78
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I cannot guarantee there to be any type of warranty extension on this component. However, let me know how the rest of the repair goes.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know how the service went! We are here at your convenience as always!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Quote:
Brandon, I have had my car for 8 months with no problems and do not have any service visits planned.
Don't bother Angrybird. Brandon is just a computer. As soon as it sees a phrase that resembles "repair" or "service", it spits out "Let us kow how your service went." Not that its going to do anything about it.

Suppose I get my car back this week from its 6th trip in for top problems, water management bag replacement, and 2nd fifth bow replacement in 2 months. Suppose I'm not happy with losing my car for another week for the same problem it was in for in December. What are you going to do about it Brandon???

Your Username is "Chevrolet Customer Service". What "service" are you performing for us customers Brandon? What exactly is the purpose of your position on this site? It obviously isn't servicing the customer! What are your limitations? I asked you to generate a service ticket for my dealership about my top, and you did nothing! I ask you for help getting a warranty extension on my top before it expires, and you say you "cannot guarantee" anything.

You want to help me with customer service, put me in contact with someone that can provide service, or stop wasting space and time on my threads.

I'm waiting...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #79
Michael Rophone

A simple change to "Chevrolet Customer Relations" would reduce expectations and result in fewer rants.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #80
JRsRS12

It's not a nice feeling, this bow self-destructing may not be a matter of "if", but a matter of "when". I still love the car, but I may decide to trade it for a 2014. I don't know if i'll like the hill assist feature on the new ones though.. I've got to have the manual transmission. Hopefully they will omit it on the 2014's, or provide a way to turn it off.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #81
Michael Rophone

Quote:
It's not a nice feeling, this bow self-destructing may not be a matter of "if", but a matter of "when". I still love the car, but I may decide to trade it for a 2014. I don't know if i'll like the hill assist feature on the new ones though.. I've got to have the manual transmission. Hopefully they will omit it on the 2014's, or provide a way to turn it off.
You were lucky to escape the dreaded torq converter failure of the V6 automatics. The 5th Bow is small potatoes by comparison. :wink:
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #82
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
A simple change to "Chevrolet Customer Relations" would reduce expectations and result in fewer rants.
Are we expecting too much from Chevrolet Customer Service??? I don't think a straight answer is too much to ask for. I would certainly appreciate interacting with them on this site if it led to some form of assistance.
Instead we get lip service and fuel thrown on frustration.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #83
JRsRS12

Quote:
You were lucky to escape the dreaded torq converter failure of the V6 automatics. The 5th Bow is small potatoes by comparison. :wink:
Yeah, it's been a great car, other than the top problem. As long as the warranty is covering it, i'm good. After that runs out, fixing this top could get very expensive!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #84
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Yeah, it's been a great car, other than the top problem. As long as the warranty is covering it, i'm good. After that runs out, fixing this top could get very expensive!
When I was much younger, I used to think I'd keep my dream car, like the new Camaro, forever.
I really was dreaming.