Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
09fathomgreen

Drives: 1997 Ford
Interesting conversation.. .

Out of curiousity, I called Stevinson Chevrolet in west Denver today, just to see if they had a waiting list for the car yet, or even any information available. All the salesman said was the car would be on their lot in October, 2008.
I just wonder if that is a real possibility, or just what they're telling people?
09fathomgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Chevy will begin production in October of '08, but the cars will not be available for us to buy until February or March of 2009. It is possible that your dealer could have a show car on his lot in October, but I seriously doubt it.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
A lot of the dealers are confused. We get a lot of stories about things dealerships say, and usually a manager gets his people's head out of thier asses and tells the customer that there's really no new info.

In other words, they are as clueless as us.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Your not kidding! There have been "report" by dealers that Camaro is coming June '08. I've heard a rumor around the Web for Jan'08!! WTF?!?!

As posted above, I'll 're-enforce' it here: GM has said that they will build Oct '08...and have them in showrooms first quarter '09. Anywhere between January, and March...or is it april?

bottom line, to everybody here - if a dealer tells you other than this about dates...ask them politely to check the dealer info website on the Camaro. They have their own exclusive updates page directly from GM. If they haven't had the time, or patience to check by now...well, then....
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The dealer wants you to go to his lot and buy his car. he can say anything he wants to get you there but that doesn't mean it has to be true.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
anyone know of any good dealers in VA where I can put my deposit down? I saw that one of a dealer in IL but wouldn't want to have to pay all the extra fees to have it shipped and there's no telling how high the taxes would be in IL.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
anyone know of any good dealers in VA where I can put my deposit down? I saw that one of a dealer in IL but wouldn't want to have to pay all the extra fees to have it shipped and there's no telling how high the taxes would be in IL.
I like Dudley Martin Chevrolet in Manassas, but I wouldn't put a deposit on anything yet.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Vehicle Ordering

My dealership in cleveland (Serpintini Chevrolet), is taking deposits to put you on the list much the same way Ferrari does it. All they are doing is taking what they call a "Product Intent Payment". This gaurentees you one when they get the first delivery or they start ordering. The date that I was given was mid-October of 2008. I have also seen a dealership in Nevada (I think), that advertised in the DuPont Registry that said the are taking deposits. I hope this was helpfull.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
hftech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
I like Dudley Martin Chevrolet in Manassas, but I wouldn't put a deposit on anything yet.
Thanks, yeah I tried contacting the dealership in Hampton and the guy was like "Yeah you're on my Camaro list" but he's not taking deposits.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #10
hftech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
My dealership in cleveland (Serpintini Chevrolet), is taking deposits to put you on the list much the same way Ferrari does it. All they are doing is taking what they call a "Product Intent Payment". This gaurentees you one when they get the first delivery or they start ordering. The date that I was given was mid-October of 2008. I have also seen a dealership in Nevada (I think), that advertised in the DuPont Registry that said the are taking deposits. I hope this was helpfull.
Closest place I've seen to VA so far! I saw of a dealer on here, can't remember the place, but it was in Michigan. Besides I loved Colombus when I visited there, I think I could handle another trip to OH.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Rick Daniels

One of the best options out there. You can put down a fully refundable deposit for a camaro that you order and pay MSRP on. You pay your states taxes and its delivered to a chevy dealer near you with no additional fees.

I have heard hes in the 60-70 people on his list so far.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #12
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
They know as much as us honestly.. in some cases less LOL. As far as what a salesman says, its completely over road by what GM says :p.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #13
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
C'mon down to Raleigh, NC and talk to the guys at Bobby Murray Chevrolet. I (and I know I'm gonna get flame burns for the rest of this......fire suit zipped. Flame away!!!LOL) contacted them the day the return to production was announced and put down $1000 for the ability to order my car the way I wanted it. Not take the first car they get on the lot. I've been assured and have it on my receipt that this will be an MSRP deal. If anyone wants specific contacts to my salesman or the dealer manager, let me know in PM or you can contact them direct.

My big thing was with unknown dealer allocation, what if they only get 10 cars and I'm number 11 on the list. I know, they may not get any, who knows, but this is 100% refundable.
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #14
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I know most dealers are going to find some way to jack up the price immediately, supplies will be horribly limited at first, there will be a lot of unknowns, and perhaps even a few first year bugs. I personally think its just better to wait a year or two, wait for prices and demand to settle a little, supplies to become more regular, most, if not all, body styles and trim lines to come out, and in the meantime save up more money to really go for the best one possible. I know this is stepping on the grounds of another thread, but really with all these hassles with the dealerships the first year, I personally think it will be worth it to wait.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote