Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
I hear a lot of whining and complaining in this forum. Well you could mod it and you would get lots of encouragement here. Otherwise just sell and quit yer bitchin.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #30
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Its not about evolution. All the creature comforts are great. And i have them. In my tahoe. I dont need them or want them in my muscle car.

You do not, others do, including me.

It may be a "muscle car" but for many of us it is our only car and we want all the latest techno-goodies we can get!
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I swear if some of you people ran GM, the company would've gone bankrupt waaaaay sooner than it did.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I swear if some of you people ran GM, the company would've gone bankrupt waaaaay sooner than it did.

If I ran GM or any big Co. I would probably be assassinated because I am honest, trustworthy, caring, and full of integrity. Not because I prefer to be in control of my own AC button.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #33
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
C'mon, really? This is your gripe? "Dual zone" climate control is a gimmick. It's like saying you can have a "no pee" section in a swimming pool.
That's why I go to those pools that don't have the dye in them that turns the water different colors if you pee in it. Problem is, I still keep getting caught. Maybe I shouldn't be standing on the diving board when I do it....

But seriously, I don't give a crap. We got dual zone in the Caddy and in the GMC Sierra. BUT...the only reason I like it is the automatic temp control, not the dual zone crap. But in the Camaro, I don't care about high end style creature comforts. I like gizmos, but not too many. I'm busy rowing through the gears, not worrying about sound quality from my Iphone.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #34
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't know why they insist on making the car so difficult to use. I mean, to get in you have to pull that door handle, a very difficult task. Then once you are in, you have to insert key and twist. Impossible task. Then, you have to move a lever from one position to another (from P to D, requiring you to know whatever the hell it is any of those letters mean) to make it go. Worse yet, that also requires pushing a pedal and another button at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
The car that I traded in for my Camaro had the auto climate control. I did not like the way the AC would come on when I did not want it on. The AC would come on even when it was 30 degrees or colder outside. Also it would always have to be blasting full blast on the fan speed to cool or heat as quick as possible. I like to be in control of the air. I was very happy to see my Camaro had the old fashioned controls.
Exactly. Those auto-climate control systems have a mind of their own. The driver tries to adjust it, and the system adjusts itself back. I've only test driven cars with it (never owned), because if it annoys the hell out of you in just 15 minutes, imagine living with it every day for 10 years.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #35
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Hello...Grandpa... Just for the record, The World Does Evolve! I have to agree with how cheesy and outdated half the stuff is in these cars. GM puts the latest performance technology, since we're talking old school I'll use the phrase "State of the Art" in Performance and handling. Then the Genius's go and add on the "norm" features of today, but they use crap from twenty years ago. What's up with that??? Example; I have a 13 ZL1 and a 13 Subaru Crosstrek. I have to plug in my phone to play my music, yes with a cord, even though its Bluetooth capable. In my Crosstrek, I push a button, same as my ZL1, but No Stupid Cord Required. It automatically links my phone and all my music. Not only links it to play, but my entire phone menu can be viewed on the display. In my ZL1 I have to look at the phone and scroll thru the songs instead of having it on the radio screen??. AC, same cheap ol ass crappy twenty year old system. Yes it's nice to reminisce about the Old Days, when our Muscle Cars could only perform in a straight line, but now we've evolved and can actually go around that curve up ahead at great speeds! So let's link the performance with the creature features technology of today! Or is that asking for too much from GM??....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Grandpa here, and I have a 2010 2SS and I can play music from my phone without a cord. Are you trying to tell me that they have removed this feature from your 2013 ZL1? I'd be pissed if I were you, because you probably paid 20k more than I did. But really, I'm more suspicious that you don't know how to use the features you have. Maybe you need a Grandpa to come by and show you how to use all this high tech stuff.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Hello...Grandpa... Just for the record, The World Does Evolve! I have to agree with how cheesy and outdated half the stuff is in these cars. GM puts the latest performance technology, since we're talking old school I'll use the phrase "State of the Art" in Performance and handling. Then the Genius's go and add on the "norm" features of today, but they use crap from twenty years ago. What's up with that??? Example; I have a 13 ZL1 and a 13 Subaru Crosstrek. I have to plug in my phone to play my music, yes with a cord, even though its Bluetooth capable. In my Crosstrek, I push a button, same as my ZL1, but No Stupid Cord Required. It automatically links my phone and all my music. Not only links it to play, but my entire phone menu can be viewed on the display. In my ZL1 I have to look at the phone and scroll thru the songs instead of having it on the radio screen??. AC, same cheap ol ass crappy twenty year old system. Yes it's nice to reminisce about the Old Days, when our Muscle Cars could only perform in a straight line, but now we've evolved and can actually go around that curve up ahead at great speeds! So let's link the performance with the creature features technology of today! Or is that asking for too much from GM??....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Who gives a crap? It's a car not a home entertainment system.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #37
fastgun

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
My Avalanche has the dual climate junk and I hate it. But that is juat my opinion. Yours may vary.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #38
fastgun

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I also hate auto correct on my phone. (Just).
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #39
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
I'd argue that we have triple zone climate control, two windows and a sunroof. The only time I ever use my AC is when I'm taking a girl on a date, and that is only if she is super high maintenance, I prefer the ones who want to hear the exhaust.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #40
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
I'm torn, sometimes I want more gadgets, more luxury. In that sense this car could compete with other luxury performers.

But the other part of me likes what's going on with the Z/28. Strip away the creature comforts and make this a raw example of American muscle.

The 2SS, prior to MyLink, struck a good balance between gadgets, luxury, and muscle. I love the MyLink, it looks great, but that's definitely a nod toward luxury. I imagine that's the direction the Camaro is headed.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #41
His ZL1

Drives: 92 B4C, 13 ZL1, 21 1LE
The Camaro is a great car already loaded with gadgets. I have been driving performance oriented cars with CC since the eighties and have grown to enjoy not having adjust the temperature. On the Camaro, I get in on cold mornings, turn the temp all the way up and have to continually turn it down as the car warms up. I haven't had to do that for a while.

It would be quite easy to put CC in. The control features are already tied into the knobs currently there. All that is needed is a temperature sensor and added computer logic. It would not add much weight or a lot of cost, just comfort.
His ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #42
Macina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by His ZL1 View Post
The Camaro is a great car already loaded with gadgets. I have been driving performance oriented cars with CC since the eighties and have grown to enjoy not having adjust the temperature. On the Camaro, I get in on cold mornings, turn the temp all the way up and have to continually turn it down as the car warms up. I haven't had to do that for a while.

It would be quite easy to put CC in. The control features are already tied into the knobs currently there. All that is needed is a temperature sensor and added computer logic. It would not add much weight or a lot of cost, just comfort.
Exactly my thought.. Im not in here to whine about the camaro, I just feel its such a standard thing. I can't think of a single car here in europe that doesn't have it, my fathers old Volvo 940 from -96 had it even... On the other hand, electric adjustable seats are to me a luxury option.. It just feels a little bit cheap without cc.
Do mind that I payed 65000usd for my ordered -14 2SS/rs here in Sweden!
Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Macina is offline   Reply With Quote