The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
rocket68

Drives: GMC Acadia Denali
Curb Ramps

I am getting closer to ordering a new C7. Does anyone out there have experience with Bridjit Curb Ramps. My driveway has curb which concerns me. Here is link to their website. http://www.bridjit.com/ Just wondering if this would be a good investment before getting the new C7.
rocket68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Hey there.

I purchased from bridjit and it has helped me. You can roll up your driveway without slowing down even. My problem is I'm on a slight hill so after about 3 weeks you need to go adjust it by pulling it uphill a foot. Also, perhaps I don't have the perfect angle that this curb ramp is meant for but it moves quite a bit when you roll over it. Not a huge deal, but something to mention. Lastly, it was somewhat expensive and it has advertising right in the middle of the thing about 4 feet wide.

P.S. Remove during winter months or a snow plow might take it for a ride
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket68 View Post
I am getting closer to ordering a new C7. Does anyone out there have experience with Bridjit Curb Ramps. My driveway has curb which concerns me. Here is link to their website. http://www.bridjit.com/ Just wondering if this would be a good investment before getting the new C7.
If you live in a community with a homeowner's association like mine, they will never allow you to use this.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
rocket68

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm888 View Post
Hey there.

I purchased from bridjit and it has helped me. You can roll up your driveway without slowing down even. My problem is I'm on a slight hill so after about 3 weeks you need to go adjust it by pulling it uphill a foot. Also, perhaps I don't have the perfect angle that this curb ramp is meant for but it moves quite a bit when you roll over it. Not a huge deal, but something to mention. Lastly, it was somewhat expensive and it has advertising right in the middle of the thing about 4 feet wide.

P.S. Remove during winter months or a snow plow might take it for a ride
Thanks for the feedback. My driveway is relatively flat and in a curve, so it may stay put better than yours. Snow plow only comes by once in the middle of the street, so that should not be a problem.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
louloumax

Drives: 2014 corvette coupe
my c6 scraped for 6 years. never damaged or broke anything. drive in at an angle.
i would try this first before the investment in bridjit.
a neighbor put a piece of trex deck planking in the recess area. does the same thing but you may run afoul of the brownshirts who accuse you of defacing gov't property.
louloumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette View Post
If you live in a community with a homeowner's association like mine, they will never allow you to use this.
Then I would be demanding they pay to fix the grading and entry to my driveway to allow me to get my car in.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Then I would be demanding they pay to fix the grading and entry to my driveway to allow me to get my car in.
A buddy of mine had issues with his HOA about this. He faught with them forever about it. Not sure he ever won either.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #8
Jeff7

Drives: C7 2LT
I submitted a request to my HOA and was approved. Now let's see if there is any community backslash after installation or if others follow my lead.
Jeff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #9
rocket68

Glad your HOA approved. I might use that if I need to try for approval here. These seem like the best thing available. Better than the steel I have seen in some places.