Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #57
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Well we will disagree.....been detailing and painting for25 years, you can polish right away. The corvette museum delivers and details right off the line, that should tell you how GM feels about waiting...

But debating this is minutiae, no matter what you do, the car has been curing for a few weeks when you get it, and by then it's cured fully 100%....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #58
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Looks like they washed it with an SOS or Brillo pad, that paint is terrible!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #59
Quicksilver64

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Gray
Glen e
I won't argue. Yes it is a few weeks by the time you get it, I just like to be cautious on factory paint. I have sanded and polished my own paint the next day, however I think the clear is probably better quality and certainly thicker than factory work.
Have a great Christmas weekend!
Quicksilver64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #60
Lashu74
Lashu74

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver64 View Post
Glen e
I won't argue. Yes it is a few weeks by the time you get it, I just like to be cautious on factory paint. I have sanded and polished my own paint the next day, however I think the clear is probably better quality and certainly thicker than factory work.
Have a great Christmas weekend!
This paint is def thin, the last detailer I had look at it measured areas in the front at 108 microns...which is one of the reasons he said it was hard to tell if he could get them completely out with compromising the clear coat.
Lashu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #61
Lashu74
Lashu74

Update

Took it into the dealer today to get the CEL checked out again and they confirmed it was thrown for the same reason. (O2 sensor, bank 1 sensor 1) When the tech went to remove the sensor he said that it pulled right out without undoing the clip. The O2 sensor clips into a mounting clip which then clips onto the cat. He said the sensor was not completely seated in the mounting clip. They replaced it with a new one and it seems to be ok...at least no CEL on the way home this time. The new trunk mat they ordered still did not seat properly in the trunk so Im guessing its not the mat, most likely the carpeted cardboard that lines the trunk sides. Anyone else encounter this? Still waiting to hear back from GM in regards to the scratches.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:11 PM   #62
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Glad to hear it was likely something very simple causing the CEL. It usually is, just hard to find sometimes. Best of luck on the rest. At least things seem to be heading in the right direction for you now.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #63
Lashu74
Lashu74

Customer Care Run Around!!

Customer care is pretty worthless! I had severe paint marring on delivery and didn't notice till I got it home under garage lights. Dealer is only giving me a portion of the cost to get it corrected. All detailers I took it too said they weren't sure they would be able to remove all the scratches due to severity and location. Customer care reached out to me cause they saw my posts on the forum. I've noticed that's what they do, they want to make it look like they give a shit but in reality they could care less the car was paid for now it's my problem. They did absolutely nothing for me but give me the run around for a month. They never returned my calls or reached out to me like they said they would. They said they contacted the dealer several times but would not give me any insight as to what was going on after repeated requests. Their last response to me via private message on the forum was they had exhausted all their options. They couldn't even give me a call. I asked them at least 6 times to call me apparently spending close to 70k wont even get you a phone call!! Bumper is significantly different in color as well which I could have lived with just wanted to get the scratches fixed, and to be reimbursed for the diminished value of the car due to scratches that could not be removed. I will never purchase another new vehicle without going over it with a fine tooth comb. It's is total BS that they allow cars to be delivered in this state. If you get a new car bring a flashlight and go over the entire car front to back. This is my second GM and I understand we purchase these cars for the performance aspect but there is no excuse for the quality they are delivering. I purchased this car from ROYAL CHEVROLET in Virginia, I definitely got Royally screwed!! The detailers I took it too also found buffing compound in various areas which means the dealer tried to correct this and knowingly sold me a car with heavy marring on it. Im sure customer care and the dealer have given me the run around in hopes that I just give up and that's not gonna happen.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #64
Bigchiefs1

Drives: 2012 transformer edition
Wow man. I'm lost for words. That dealership is a pos and gm is a bigger pos . I can't Beleive they not doing anything to help. Might be time to hire a lawyer. There is no way in the world a judge would let this fly. And if so they will have to pay your lawyer fees.
Bigchiefs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #65
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Sorry for your plight amigo...I tend to agree & would be worth paying an attorney to write a nasty letter to get their attention.

Best of luck!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #66
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Legal action isnt gonna do much good. Unless you guys want to get a class-action suit together, GM has time and time again said that this lousy paint is normal. Their reps all say that, the home office says that, the regional offices say that. If you want good paint, get it repainted or start your detailing techniques to get it to look the best that it can look.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #67
Lashu74
Lashu74

The marring on this car has nothing to do with how it was painted. It has to do with how the car was handled either in route to the dealer or once it arrived at dealer. The bottom line is somebody screwed up and the dealer imo has accepted responsibility for the scratches by giving me what they think is fair to get it repaired. The problem is what they consider fair won't pay for the full correction and doesn't take into account scratches they can't get out thus diminishing the value of a brand new car. I'm sure most would just give up and live with it, F that! I consulted with an attorney, she said seemed like a case of fraud. She said I should I reach out to the general manager of the dealership before proceeding with legal action. Tried to contact him a few times to no response. I have moved forward with filing a complaint with the attorney general, next BBB and if still no resolution then I guess I will be forced to hire an attorney. Sucks, but I'm not ok with just living with it.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #68
SC552

Drives: 2017 Lingenfelter Camaro ZL1 Coup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashu74 View Post
The marring on this car has nothing to do with how it was painted. It has to do with how the car was handled either in route to the dealer or once it arrived at dealer. The bottom line is somebody screwed up and the dealer imo has accepted responsibility for the scratches by giving me what they think is fair to get it repaired. The problem is what they consider fair won't pay for the full correction and doesn't take into account scratches they can't get out thus diminishing the value of a brand new car. I'm sure most would just give up and live with it, F that! I consulted with an attorney, she said seemed like a case of fraud. She said I should I reach out to the general manager of the dealership before proceeding with legal action. Tried to contact him a few times to no response. I have moved forward with filing a complaint with the attorney general, next BBB and if still no resolution then I guess I will be forced to hire an attorney. Sucks, but I'm not ok with just living with it.
Get it professionally repainted and include the cost of repainting in the lawsuit. Even if you lose you will have a really great looking car.
SC552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #69
STLZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 VERT
I would request a buyback. I would not want a repainted car. If you keep raising enough hell, I promise you they will buy it back. Then just buy another one from another dealer.
STLZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #70
Lashu74
Lashu74

Definitely do not want a repaint. Replacement, buy back or full correction with reimbursement for diminished value are the only options I would be ok with. Sucks cause it may take a while to get this resolved and I haven't been able to enjoy the car at all. Don't want to drive it until this is taken care of.