The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Can the Germans improve the Stingray? Tuner Geiger Car gives it a supercharged shot.

By Stephen Edelstein — September 22, 2014

German tuner Geiger Cars is putting a new spin on the all-American Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, offering an array of performance and aesthetic upgrades.
Chief among them is an Eaton supercharger, which boosts output to 590 horsepower and 558 pound-feet of torque, compared to the maximum 460 hp and 465 lb-ft of a stock Stingray, equipped with the optional performance exhaust.

That’s less than the 650 hp and 650 lb-ft Chevy itself will offer in the (also supercharged) 2015 Corvette Z06, and it also trails the fire-breathing Corvettes produced by Hennessey.
Still, nearly 600 hp isn’t bad. It’s enough to get the Geiger Corvette to a top speed of 199 mph.

Geiger is also one of the first tuners to try aesthetic as well as performance upgrades. Given how good the stock Corvette already looks, that’s a risky move.

A carbon-fiber body kit includes new front fascia with splitter, side skirts, and a rear spoiler and diffuser. The car also rides custom 19-inch front and 20-inch rear alloy wheels, and sits lower to the ground thanks to sport-tuned suspension.

It all makes for a more menacing Corvette, and the black-and-gold color scheme makes it look like a pissed-off bumblebee.

The entire package is available in Europe for 113,000 euros, or about $145,155 at current exchange rates, although individual items like the supercharger and body kit can be ordered a la carte. Geiger isn’t discussing U.S. availability right now.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/ch...#ixzz3E9i2GLOq

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
m3incorp

Drives: Buying 2014 Stingray
They are a good tuner, drove a couple of their tuned BMWs when I lived in Germany.
m3incorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
My family name, so they gotta be good.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
10 Spot

Drives: Velocity Yellow Z51-3LT
I must say, the paint scheme on this car is the best I've seen. The hood stripe, the lower front valance & the rear fascia look incredible with the paint lines they chose. I might have to visit my paint & body guy. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
Velocity Yellow Z51-3LT, Yellow Calipers, GPI Tuned, Kooks Headers & X-Pipe (no cats), Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust w/Speedway Tips Jet-Coated Black, Tinted Windows, De-Badged, Lowered, Marker Lights Tinted, Black Lugnuts.
10 Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
RottenII

Drives: 2014 C7 1LT Z51
I love it. They did an awesome job with it.
RottenII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Do they sell their parts in the U.S.?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote