The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
weaponX
I'm your pusher!

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 1000HP CTS V, 06 H2
The weaponX carbon aero kit is here!

Well, yesterday was a success at the National Corvette Museum Bash! I unveiled our new aero kit for the C7 and it went over very well with ALL ages.

Molds are done and we're going to start taking orders this week!

My C7 was actually Tadge Juchter, Chief Corvette Engineer and Automobile - Man of the Year's pick for the car show winner which was pretty cool IMO!

Tadge's vote

Here are the shots from today and some details! These parts are carbon fiber replacement parts, nothing is coated over any OEM parts so there is no hassle of sending any parts in or returning for cores.

The splitter uses OEM bolt holes so no drilling is required. Opposed to just tapering in between the two bumper lips and trying to stair step up, we curved the splitter up between them and angled it down. This made for a better looking transition and also some relief for driveways!

The rocker blades also use OEM mounting holes, so no drilling is required. We brought the blades out right before the rear wheel instead of tapering in. While GM found there to be no benefit from aero stability, that area is highly prone to road rash. Our added area will not only help protect that flare, but also gives the illusion to more of a wide body look than tapering in and looking more narrow.

Our spoiler uses OEM mounting holes as well and is a direct easy install. It looks pretty wicked out the back window and as subtle as I think it is, I get a lot of compliments on this one.

The diffuser is pretty typical but adds a lot to the rear end! It has two vertical vanes added around the exhaust outlet and is a direct replacement.

The hood is the crown jewel to me though! It's 1" taller than the stock hood for a bigger blower, direct port NOS, or just the bulged look. It retains the extractor vent as well as the rear cowl being vented. It also has the Stingray inside the hood above the vent when open. The OEM vent will insert or you can opt for a high quality mesh insert. The radiator duct attaches to the inside as well. We'll be offering carbon louvers and also inner radiator ducting too. I like the mesh look in the hood, but wanted the carbon inner radiator duct under it when looking through, so I put the OEM louvers in and was very happy with the look! The hood comes in a variety of options as it's a true 2 piece hood with an inner and outer. You can do a full carbon inner outer, fiberglass inner/outer to save money, carbon outer/fiberglass inner, or fiberglass outer/carbon inner. Fiberglass is gel coated and ready to paint, Carbon Fiber is standard American 2:2 weave and matches OEM CF weave size.

weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Congrats and wow that's pretty cool and aggressive altogether. So that's how my silver C7 would look like with that kit!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
The whole kit looks great! Adds a very aggressive look. Congrats!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #4
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Very Nice. Looks Bad A**
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Are these 100% real carbon fiber parts?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
louloumax

Drives: 2014 corvette coupe
what arwe the wheels on this hot car. i checked your site and don't see them there.
louloumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I saw Ben's car in person last Saturday at the Bash. It is spectacular! The parts are indeed all carbon fiber, not just factory parts wrapped. The hood is actually 1" taller than stock, but so well done you can only tell when it's next to a stock hood. The fit & finish are top notch, too. The fabric weave on the parts is virtually flawless! Anyone who has handled raw carbon fiber fabric knows how challenging it can be to keep the weave even & straight (I'm wrapping a couple of parts for mine now, and it is VERY challenging). Even at the edged of the hood vent the weave it darned near perfect. Once I have a couple of bills paid off, I will be getting some of these part, with my eye on the rear spoiler especially.

The wheels are made by PUR, and are the RS05 design lightweight monoblock forged. Their website is www.purwheels.com.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c7 aero, c7 diffuser, c7 splitter, weaponxmotorsports