Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
you sure you want to be telling me this
Old 02-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreal View Post
Depends on who you are running from, and what you did. CHP will chase you to the death over just about anything. Where my department (and all departments in my county) won't pursue at high speeds if it's not something serious.

Honestly, if you got the one up on a CHP, and blew by them, you could outrun them in this before they got backup. Would be tough though.
Exactly. Our dept has very strict chase policy as well. Run from troopers and you will quickly find out their 2/2 rule. That would be 2 minutes or two miles....which ever comes first. They will stop you....guaranteed.

Don't forget...you will 99% of the time not be able to get away.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #17
zdriven08

Drives: 2000 Red Camaro Z28
How bout a pic of the first camaro with black wheels? Black on black cant go wrong, its in sniper mode.
zdriven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #18
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
That black convertible is a great 'shop!!

Whip one up in dark blue metallic with some white stripes
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #19
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Never mind - I just found this on his website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gerbonium.com/various/5thgen/ Great shots there!

OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #20
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Also, if you live in a rural area and know the country, you can lose them, but not in a camaro. Ive lost an FHP by goin down a ugly lookin 2 track in my truck. I dont kno why he was back off of the highway that far anyways but he caught me doin 70 in a 55 flipped on the lights but I turned off and took another turn on a rough ass trail right after I turned and he had been at a dead stop. I saw his headlights at the start of the trail, then I saw him turn around lol.

I threw the front end out of alignment though on the trail cus I was goin so fast so I didnt get away completely free.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:27 AM   #21
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
......... those radios are still pretty darn fast!
Old 02-11-2007, 02:06 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

And then PD gets ur plate/color/make/model, puts out a BOLO for your vehicle, direction of flight, gets other officers otw and the helicopter up, and they find your heat signiture from your hot as hell engine as ur hiding back in the woods. The helicopter begins to circle. They see you (they don't put the spotlight directly on you...that is being pointed in a different direction to make you believe they still don't know where you are). Officers get close and you run. Maybe you get away....I doubt it....especially if the dogs are there (dogs don't chase you down and then stop because you give up...they bite unless the handler calls them off...usually dogs like to "play"). Your truck is found and impounded for sure. You go to jail for felony evading and end up paying thousands in attorneys fees. This is worse case scenario, of course.

Personally, I'd rather pay the class c speeding ticket or luck out and get a warning from a nice officer who just wants to tell you to slow the hell down.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #23
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
He wasnt close enough to get tag and I felt confident I could get away, so I ran. Plus It was night and I was goin kinda fast so I didnt think he would be able to get a good enough description, and chevy 1500s are pretty common down here.

EDIT: As for the chopper I dont think they would want to waste the resources to catch some redneck.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

:eek:

I was just stating worse case senario for anyone who decides to run from police. Believe me, there are plenty of dept's out there who have nothing better to do than set up a quadrant and search for people who run.

The way this is perceived, is that if someone runs, there is usually a good reason for them to flee. Police like to find out that reason and will most likely give chase. Just be smart and remember that if you run, they will usually give chase...and some of those officers take it personally when people run from them....that's for sure!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #25
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
:eek:

I was just stating worse case senario for anyone who decides to run from police. Believe me, there are plenty of dept's out there who have nothing better to do than set up a quadrant and search for people who run.

The way this is perceived, is that if someone runs, there is usually a good reason for them to flee. Police like to find out that reason and will most likely give chase. Just be smart and remember that if you run, they will usually give chase...and some of those officers take it personally when people run from them....that's for sure!
I do, that's for sure. I'm a driver at heart, I feel my best when going 100+ or giving chase(no matter what speed). Spend most of my training time in tactical driving. So if you run from me, and I'm allowed to chase, I'm the happiest person in the world. And I'll catch you, unless you pull one of those off-road tricks, then I won't dirty my charger if I know I'll just get stuck.

So if you think you can beat me...go for it =)
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:45 AM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreal View Post
I do, that's for sure. I'm a driver at heart, I feel my best when going 100+ or giving chase(no matter what speed). Spend most of my training time in tactical driving. So if you run from me, and I'm allowed to chase, I'm the happiest person in the world. And I'll catch you, unless you pull one of those off-road tricks, then I won't dirty my charger if I know I'll just get stuck.

So if you think you can beat me...go for it =)

I'd love to get in a chase in my SS.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #27
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Do you get more leway on little bs tickets since your a police officer?
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #28
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
Do you get more leway on little bs tickets since your a police officer?
You don't get them. Professional courtesy.

1. If its your own department, then it would be your coworker writing you a ticket.

2. If it's another department, then the won't, as not to damage interdepartmental relations.

So no, you don't get them.

And you're family gets some slack too.

/And as a side note, I don't do traffic. Thats motor's job. We don't have quota's on tickets, and we aren't really even expected to write any. My department, responding to calls and arrests are the ones you look at.

Yeah, I'll pull people over, if for some reason I want to look in their car or at who is in it(provided I have PC of course).

But ninety-nine times out of a hundred, I won't write a ticket.

The exceptions:

1. I'm already over the speed-limit, and someone blows by me...Have some common sense people, don't pass a cop when he is already over the speed limit.
2. They do something seriously reckless. Like blowing a light when the intersection is currerently busy. (rarely happens, I'm graveyard, and I don't care if you blow a light on an intersection that you stop at, see there are no cars for miles, and go through.)
3. Or is going 100 or more.
4. They are a total asshole to me when I was only gonna give them a warning.
5. A hot-chick and that does any of the cliche things to try and get out of a ticket, cry, flirt, unbutton their blouse(Seen it happen more than once) whatever. ( Side note, any time a girl tries to use anything sexual, I leave the area, go to my car and wait for back-up, no use risking a pissed off girl saying you sexually assaulted her )
6. They blow anything over .04. If you've had ANYTHING to drink, even if you know you're under the limit, you should know to be on your best driving behavior.

And probably some more, just can't think of them right now...need sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'd love to get in a chase in my SS.
Mmmm, Camaro 5 Saleen 600 Extreme Supercharged interceptor..... I'd buy one for my department myself if they'd let it be "my" car.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote