Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-24-2007, 06:52 AM   #29
MaroMike

Drives: 2008 CHallenger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'll email every GM person I know w/ a complaint. ... "Well, I was going to buy one, but dealers have gone and screwed it up." I'm sure GM is aware dealers might do this. I hope GM knows dealers can kill the Camaro just as quickly as GM brought it back.

I'd say to post up a list of poor dealers that are supposed to sell them above MSRP in the crappy dealer thread. That way, we can all mail them a letter letting them know they lost one more customer....make it out w/ attn: sales manager.
Tag, that's we did on the SRT forums. I live in Fla., and bought my SRT8 from a dealer in Cleveland for sticker, and had it trailered back to my front door. EVERY dealer in Fla., that had one which was only a few when they first hit the lots, wanted 15-20k over.:eek:

Unfortunately, the cars belong to the dealer and they can sell them for 100k if someone is willing to spend the jack. It's gonna happen sure as Saddam's neck snapped like a twig.
Ludwig Classic Maple D/Bass Zildjian Overhead

AMERICA, Home of the Free, Because of The Brave
MaroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh, I know it's going to happen. I've done the letter thing once and handed it off to the salesman at their front door. I told him he really screwed up because I wanted to see the pricing on a Formula, he wouldn't show me, I took off, and bought a Camaro. It was great rolling up there in my new Camaro telling off that salesman. What a jerk.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #31
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Long time troller here, but I felt this post deserved a response. Just wanted to say thanks Ramrod for taking the time to do this, I was going to call around (specificaly midway, friend baught a chevy there) and see what dealers were planning on selling at msrp but after your research I may just have to go with plan b which is buy it from Rick Daniel and have it delivered to the idiot dealers here in az..
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #32
RamRod

Drives: 2010 SS/RS & 1977 Z/28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Long time troller here, but I felt this post deserved a response. Just wanted to say thanks Ramrod for taking the time to do this, I was going to call around (specificaly midway, friend baught a chevy there) and see what dealers were planning on selling at msrp but after your research I may just have to go with plan b which is buy it from Rick Daniel and have it delivered to the idiot dealers here in az..
What part of Phoenix are you in?

I mean, I think it is ridiculous that they are going to makr it up and I know people will buy it at mark up once it arrives. Those people do not understand the value of a dollar. I also, do not like to waste money and I REFUSE to pay over MSRP. Although I want to be one of the first with a Camaro, I will not do so at the cost of 3, 5, or even 10 thousand dollars over sticker.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #33
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Live in Gilbert, work in Tempe.
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #34
RamRod

Drives: 2010 SS/RS & 1977 Z/28 Camaro
Awesome. Gilbert is nice. I lived in Mesa, Tempe, and now on Baseline near where the killer was. Haha. I go to school at ASU
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #35
juzlookzfazt

Drives: 2000 Mitsu Eclipse..for now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
My dealer said something along the same lines--that they are going to be produced in a limited number, therefore, the dealers around my area are only going to get 2-3 Camaros a piece!!!

Please someone tell me that's wrong...I know what Lutz said about 150,000 target...but I'm doubting

Sounds like the average sales pitch. They say that to make u reconsider ASAP on getting it, and dealing with them so they can get their commission money.
juzlookzfazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
yeah. I figured that out today. Well, sort of. Because he also told me that GM wasn't going to advertise this car...:eek:. I felt like asking him "How stupid do you think I am?" Anyways, just today I saw this ENORMOUS 20' x20' Camaro poster/banner in a local dealer's 3 story showroom...It's still a year and a half untill the car comes out! How can he call that "not advertising?"
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #37
juzlookzfazt

Drives: 2000 Mitsu Eclipse..for now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
yeah. I figured that out today. Well, sort of. Because he also told me that GM wasn't going to advertise this car...:eek:. I felt like asking him "How stupid do you think I am?" Anyways, just today I saw this ENORMOUS 20' x20' Camaro poster/banner in a local dealer's 3 story showroom...It's still a year and a half untill the car comes out! How can he call that "not advertising?"
LOL..They will say anything to get a sale / customer. I went into the local Pontiac dealer to crunch some figures on the last 06 GTO they had in the showroom. The salesman threw this at me "Maybe I shouldnt tell your mom that it beats the corvette off the line.." Now..Im not familiar with GM, far from it actually..but cmon LOL. The car is nearly 400-500 lbs heavier than a Vette with the same engine. >.< Salesmen should already know by now, that people do research. BTW, dont quote me on the weight difference part.
juzlookzfazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #38
SSMUFF

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Once again autmakers are hurt becasue of the greed by dealers. Look at how many GT's are sitting on most large Ford lots that need to be sold by months end. I remember looking at the GT's when they came out and how they were $5K over for just the basic black on black v8 model. Then ad the $15K+ for GT500.

If the dealers would make the usually $$ instead of trying to get rich quick then GM, Ford and others would make money. Once again I am sure there is little the automakers can do about the greed of the dealers.
SSMUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #39
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMUFF View Post
If the dealers would make the usually $$ instead of trying to get rich quick then GM, Ford and others would make money. Once again I am sure there is little the automakers can do about the greed of the dealers.
Please correct me if im wrong, but does not GM, Ford ect pay the dealers a certain amount yearly or monthly, or whatever period, to have their cars there at the dealership? If this really is the case could GM, Ford ect just take a certain percentage off of this "allowance" for how much the dealers go over the MSRP? could this not curb the dealers greed?
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #40
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
as far as i know the dealers pay the manufacturer a lease fee to have the cars on the lot. i used to be a lot guy at a pontiac dealer and i can remember seeing inventory sheets with dollar values after every car. i could be wrong though.
DILLIGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #41
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I believe the dealers actually buy the vehicles from the manufacturer (known as dealer invoice). However, when they sell it, the manufacturer gives them a piece back (that's what you always hear referred to as "dealer incentives"). Then, there is also "holdback", which near as I can tell is the "fee paid to the seller". All of this is why they will sell you a car for "invoice" or even "$100 under invoice".

For the record....don't ever let a car salesman tell you that they aren't making any money off of any car deal. They are full of it. If they won't make any money on it, they won't sell it to you. Every car a dealer sells brings in some profit. How much is a different issue.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #42
SSMUFF

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
So can we agree that the dealers are actually killing the big 3?? I never see mazda, toys, hondas selling for way over the edmunds vaule!
SSMUFF is offline   Reply With Quote