The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
FirstVetteAnticipation

Drives: 2015 Corvette 1LT
How Long for 1000 Status?

Hey fellow Corvetters!

I ordered my Torch Red 1LT Corvette with ZF1 appearance pckg and black aluminum wheels on January 28. I am still in 1100 status.

Those with experience with the process, around how long did it take you to get from 1100 status to TPW (your production week)?

I am so excited and looking for a general timeline.
FirstVetteAnticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Your dealer must not have an available allocation for you... until then, you're stuck at 1100 indefinitely. You need to ask your dealer management when an allocation will open up for yours. Put them on the spot... is there even one available for them in the near future?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Your dealer must not have an available allocation for you... until then, you're stuck at 1100 indefinitely. You need to ask your dealer management when an allocation will open up for yours. Put them on the spot... is there even one available for them in the near future?
Stingray speakth the TRUTH!!

AND if your dealer/salesman gives you some BS story that they don't know....and you will ju0st have to wait.....that is exactly what it is....BS. Personally.....I would either walk into the OWNERS office and get the question answered......or tell them to cancel the order (because your not hurting anything) and go find a dealer that will be straight with you and order it from them.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #4
FirstVetteAnticipation

ChevyChat Response

I asked ChevyChat today about the order and they said the order had not been accepted by GM yet. I asked if this were normal or should I be hounding the dealer about allocation and he said "the process takes time".

I only ordered 14 days ago but my Corvette anticipation is getting the best of me.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #5
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstVetteAnticipation View Post
I asked ChevyChat today about the order and they said the order had not been accepted by GM yet. I asked if this were normal or should I be hounding the dealer about allocation and he said "the process takes time".

I only ordered 14 days ago but my Corvette anticipation is getting the best of me.
GM Chat cannot do anything; they're just a communicator to provide updates if any.

You need to ask your dealership, in person... ask for the GM Workbench printout or print screen or view it with your own eyeballs. And then check your status code... if you're at 1100 then that means your order is still sitting at the dealer's level and GM has not accepted it.

This is all based on if the dealer even has an allocation to start with. Don't be afraid to get your deposit back and you can since nothing has been scheduled nor targeted for production by GM at all yet... you're still far from that milestone. In fact you're not even in the Bowling Green Assembly Plant door yet so to speak... you're still standing outside in line.

Don't even bother with the GM Chat online... your first and only recourse right now is at the dealership. If you decide to purchase elsewhere, try a forum or volume dealer... heck Rodgers Chevrolet in this forum can assist you with an order I bet. Here's her thread: http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292792
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #6
Vette Pax

Drives: 1999 C5; 2016 C7 Stingray
This is good information that I wish we had known before we ordered a Corvette last month. The order was placed on Jan 15 and about 2 weeks ago Becky advised me that we are in 1100 status. I emailed the dealer this past Sunday night, Feb 8, asking him if he had an allocation yet, and if not, when he expected one. 3 business days later: no response. He also failed to respond to our request to be notified when he sent the Museum Authorization Form to the NCM, as the NCM needed that form ASAP. We had to confirm with the NCM. I hate to wear out my welcome with Becky, but will ask her Friday if there has been any movement-that will be 30 days post-order date.
Vette Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:49 AM   #7
FirstVetteAnticipation

Allocation Update

I took your advise and went in to see my dealer face to face to discuss dealer allocation and what I heard about GM Order Workbench. He told me that allocation is ever-changing and I should expect the order to be submitted to GM by mid to end of March. I ordered on January 28. Is two months typical for order submission? He also said production takes from 1-2 weeks once submitted.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 AM   #8
DJDoubleA

Drives: Corvette Stingray
Quote:
I took your advise and went in to see my dealer face to face to discuss dealer allocation and what I heard about GM Order Workbench. He told me that allocation is ever-changing and I should expect the order to be submitted to GM by mid to end of March. I ordered on January 28. Is two months typical for order submission? He also said production takes from 1-2 weeks once submitted.
I live in houston, and I ordered my 2015 Z51 3LT on January 27th and I checked with Becky last tuesday with my cars status, and I was at 3000 with a TPW 3/2..if that helps....
DJDoubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #9
itchiesvette

Drives: 2014 Jeep GC, 2012 Challenger SRT
Quote:
There are other factors in the process such as constraints on items , however the biggest hurdle is the allocation the dealer has.
I tried to order mine from my local dealer only to find out he had little or none.
If you want the car I would try a dealer that does and also he can explain the constraint issue you may have on what you ordered.
I wound up at the #2 dealer in the country , ordered 1/16 built last week and is waiting to be shipped .
Hope this helps…
itchiesvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #10
itchiesvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchiesvette View Post
There are other factors in the process such as constraints on items , however the biggest hurdle is the allocation the dealer has.
I tried to order mine from my local dealer only to find out he had little or none.
If you want the car I would try a dealer that does and also he can explain the constraint issue you may have on what you ordered.
I wound up at the #2 dealer in the country , ordered 1/16 built last week and is waiting to be shipped .
Hope this helps…
BTW i went from 1100 to 2000 in a week ... at 1100 you havent even started ...
Old 02-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #11
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I have available....
Torch Red 1LT..ZF1...Black Aluminum Wheels...
and I Deliver!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
itchiesvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I have available....
Torch Red 1LT..ZF1...Black Aluminum Wheels...
and I Deliver!

Becky
You rock... next time Im buying from you
Itchie
Old 03-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #13
FirstVetteAnticipation

I was hopeful Becky for your Torch Red 1LT...but I need manual transmission...
Old 03-03-2015, 04:41 PM   #14
itchiesvette

Quote:
I was hopeful Becky for your Torch Red 1LT...but I need manual transmission...
They have this car at MacMulkin ask for Mark he will take good care of you