The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes

Old 04-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
19" Rear Wheels? (19s all around, on a Z51)

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has run 19" wheels all around (on a Z51)? I am interested because I would really like to move away from the run-flat Michelin PSS ZP, and go to their regular Pilot Super Sport. Also I would be able to a set of 19x12s for the rear, and fit some 325/30ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+ / N-Specs back there. (OE tires on the 997.2 GT3RS I believe), or even just a 325 regular PSS.

Thoughts on running 19s all around on a Z51?

I noticed there were a lot track oriented options for 325/30/19s, R888s, ContiForceContacts, and Sport Maxx Race.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Searious

Drives: Crystal Red C7 2LT Z51
Something I am not sure about, is if the non-ZP PSS tires have the new compound that makes the stock tires so much stickier than they otherwise would be. Square 19s, as you mentioned, would open up more options for performance tires though and would not be an issue technically speaking. Not sure how some of the non-track traction control systems would react for normal driving though.
TPW - 3/17/14
Born - 3/20/14
R8C - Pickup on 4/3/14!
Searious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searious View Post
Something I am not sure about, is if the non-ZP PSS tires have the new compound that makes the stock tires so much stickier than they otherwise would be. Square 19s, as you mentioned, would open up more options for performance tires though and would not be an issue technically speaking. Not sure how some of the non-track traction control systems would react for normal driving though.
Ya that is pretty much what I wondering. I bet if you stay close to stock ratios you would be OK with the T/C and stuff. Even on GT-Rs where the ratio is super important because of the AWD a 1-2% variance doesn't set off any alarms.

Tags
19s, sizes, tires, track, wheels