Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
amboy49

Drives: Beginning a search to buy
When I confirmed I wanted another toy and had narrowed it to either a Camaro or a Mustang I started checking the usual websites - Carguru, Cars.com, etc. I narrowed the choice to the Camaro and then began looking for a convertible as that is what my car toys have been in the past ( '63 Nova SS, 40th Anniversary Ruby Corvette, '67 small block Corvette ). However, as I reviewed the options, colors, pricing, etc. I ran across the Synergy Green option. I'd recalled the '69 Z28 Camaro I'd lusted after during my high school days and the model search was over. I was disappointed that the Synergy Green color option was not available as a convertible - which I could never figure out what wizard in the Chevrolet marketing department came up with that idea ! However, my lust for the Synergy Green car overshadowed my desire for a convertible.

I live in central Indiana and the weather is not terribly inclimate, but like having a motorcycle, there are about 10 perfect weather days in the summer when it's not too hot or too cold. I do, somewhat, have a little buyer's remorse in getting a coupe but I do have the sunroof option and when it's 92 degrees with high humidity ( like today ) driving a convertible is less desirable.

I never was one of the individuals who you see in the spring with the top down when its 35 degrees. Still, you can't beat being in a convertible in the evening heading to the local cruise in. Perhaps Chevrolet will someday market a hardtop/convertible like the Cadillac XLR or a Mercedes SLC.
amboy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #16
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Because it's how i roll:
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE