Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #29
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
The feature has changed a little. with the 2010 and I believe the 2011 the tapshift feature will not work in "D".

You can switch back and forth between tapshift "M" and sport mode "S" anytime.

Tapshift will down shift automatically if you fail to do so but not upshift.

The above can be tailored in the tune, it can be set up so instead of bouncing of the rev limiter it will make a shift. ( still undecided if I like this)

You can dive in "S" and/or "M" on a regular basis, I've been doing it for nearly 100,000 miles lol

Tapshifting is highly addictive, once you get comfortable with it, it becomes instinctive.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #30
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Tap shift 90% of the time.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #31
MjM804

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
So here's a question then. If one enjoys using the tapshift so much, its it better to keep using the factory taps on the wheel or would it be better to get the taps on the shifter?
MjM804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #32
Slik_ss

Drives: Black ss 2011
I'm asking because I know someone with a challenger and they have a sport mode and it puts in the gears faster for them and, they have the +\- option and I was wondering if the camaro was the same
Slik_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #33
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjM804 View Post
So here's a question then. If one enjoys using the tapshift so much, its it better to keep using the factory taps on the wheel or would it be better to get the taps on the shifter?
It's a matter of personal preference, I myself, obviously, prefer them on the shifter. I find it to be very natural and it fits my driving style well. There's no thinking about it, the buttons are always there at a flick of the thumb
Old 01-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #34
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik_ss View Post
I'm asking because I know someone with a challenger and they have a sport mode and it puts in the gears faster for them and, they have the +\- option and I was wondering if the camaro was the same
Yes, it's pretty much the same. When you put the shifter in the "M" position, you are now in sport mode. It has more aggressive shift points as well as other performance features. At an time by tapping the buttons you enter Manual mode where you have control over the shifting with the exception of failure to downshift, at that point the computer will save you. At any time you can re-enter Sport mode by bumping the shifter to "D" then back again or by holding the up shift button for a couple of seconds.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #35
bayarea408

Drives: T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
since i have this Tap shift, more then 99% time i use this....awesome, with tune,3.91 gears and VTC...very nice indeed... thanks CFD

where and how did you get this done? looks clean and a nice place to maneuver.

I really want a certain removable wheel for a certain "feel" i am going after and this mod looks better merely because of its oem look.

if you made it yourself could you go into more detail as to how it was done?

much appreciated.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #36
Trailnut

Drives: '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
Lazy driver, usually just put her in D and forget it - except once a year when we get to do laps at Texas Motor Speedway