Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #71
twistedwedge

Drives: 2010 SSOM SS
man that thing is going to look sick as a tubbed out drag car..slammed on the ground...
twistedwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #72
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Hmm...let me play devil's advocate...

I'm sure that the Camaro testing on the 'Ring' is packin' some heat...but wearing a racing suit, helmet, and gloves are probably pretty standard for testing a car on a difficult track, such as Nurburgring...or any track for that matter. Plus, if the test driver was, in fact, the Stig...as some have said...well, he drives vehicles in full race gear even if it's a smart For Two coupe...that's just part of his character. As for the racing seats...I don't know how you saw that (someone want to zoom in for me??)...but I'm hoping that we get some seriously bolstered seats, if not seats outsourced to Recaro, Sparco, or Corbeau...

Again...just devil's advocate...remember that!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #73
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
I remember seeing camo'd C6 'Vette spy shots like these! We all know how that turned out!! Look out Mustang, Genesis, G37, Challenger and any and all comers......

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #74
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Thumbs up Motor Trend's take on 2010 Chevrolet Camaro running the Nurburgring

With time beginning to run out before its official debut at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, the Chevrolet Camaro development team has been busy lately.

The Camaro traveling circus has flown up from Down Under (the car is sporting Victoria, Australia plates) and is stretching out a prototype's legs on the Nurburgring, which in the past several years has become a favorite GM testing destination.

The black Camaro in question features red Brembo calipers, and what looks to be slightly lower stance, but otherwise it looks about the same as the dozens of other prototype Camaro sightings in recent months, save recent photos of the rumored SS variant that is reportedly in the pipeline.

The V-8 powered Camaro is expected to pack somewhere around 400 horsepower supplied by either the Corvette's LS3 or Pontiac G8 GT's L76 and should roll out alongside the base model V-6 in the early months of 2009 as a 2010 model. Expect the SS version to follow sometime after that.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/spi...o_nurburgring/

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #75
DJGreggieP

Drives: 1987 IROC Z28 Camaro
If you cheack most racing regulations, any car that can run the 1/8th mile (all we have up in the boonies :( ) anything faster than 7 seconds has to have a roll cage.. that should be more than easy enough for the camaro to do. and i have raced the 'ring in GT4 ... its demandin to play in a GAME so i can just imagine what it would be like to fly along the final stretch in the new camaro Z/28 SS or baseline I cant wait at any rate
DJGreggieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #76
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Are those scratches I see on the front and rear bumpers???? Otherwise, looks great!
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #77
DJGreggieP

Drives: 1987 IROC Z28 Camaro
could be dead bugs on the front from what i can tell... possibly rock chips as well.. they seem to be a little high to be just scratchs..

who knows, maybe a test driver planted it into the gravel while pushing it to the limits at the track
DJGreggieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #78
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by artist71 View Post
Nicely done photoshop, but no thanks. I don't like stripes to begin with, but when there are stripes they should never go all the way down the front and back. They should begin at the front tip of the vehicles front and end at the trunklid. (think Bumblebee)
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #79
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Awesome photoshop! It really makes me wish I didn't have to put a license plate up front :( Looks way better without it.
I won't be putting a license plate on the front of mine regardless. I've never had a problem leaving it off before.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #80
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I am going to buy my Camaro in Arizona, just for that reason. My Cobalt was purchased in Phoenix and it looks so much better without a front plate.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #81
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know everyone here is asking why nobody brought a video camera to the "ring" but what I really wish someone would do is bring a stopwatch!!!

Now that would be worth a thousand words!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #82
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Talking

WOW, I like those pics! ( Great photoshop too. ) The more pics we see, the more the "lust" sets in Man, I love that car!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #83
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Featured on frontpage.

Those two strips of tape looking things..( are thos possibly the location of the reverse lights?)
Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #84
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_camaro_SS View Post
Those two strips of tape looking things..( are thos possibly the location of the reverse lights?)
yes, thats what I think
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote