Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
The supply has to meet the demand though. If dealers are marking them up I will refuse to buy one even though I've been dreaming about owning another since I sold my '85.
Same here. I can't wait to get my hands on a new Camaro, but won't pay over MSRP no matter how much I want it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
mt dealers told me that around my area, GM will only be dishing out 4-5 Camaros per dealer...that kinda scares me- any input?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It all depends on the dealer. Your dealer moves a lot of cars...your dealer gets more cars...from what I understand. I could be completely off, but this is how it was explained to me. It makes sense though. If you have a dealer out in BFE and they don't sell a whole lotta cars, they might get two. Then, you move into a big city like SA and Ancira, they might get 8 or 9 to start out with. If they sell them all, which they will, I would imagine they would get to order a few more all while BFE still has theirs sitting on their lots. If this is not correct, the only way I see it different is if the big city dealer then has to do a trade w/ BFE to get their cars. Make sense?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #18
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
The supply will be choked at first no doubt. They wont be able to ship enough of em to all the dealers all over the country to meet demand. The dealers will of course know that 20 people are willing and capable to buy this car and they only have 5, so they jack the price up until only 5 are willing and capable to buy the car. So in the first 4 months at least its going to be next to impossible to get MSRP. Keep in mind this isnt another Honda Civic, there is going to be a much larger and stronger demand for it when it hits the lots.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:52 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Boy oh boy...if my dealer does this to me......

I know there will be a lot doing this, but let's hope and pray that GM wants their cars sold out the door....not sitting in a plot waiting for someone to pay thousands more. I'm thinking the majority of Chevy dealers will be happy making numerous sales. They will want to get them off their lot and put money in the bank. I don't think my dealer will screw me.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #20
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Boy oh boy...if my dealer does this to me......

I know there will be a lot doing this, but let's hope and pray that GM wants their cars sold out the door....not sitting in a plot waiting for someone to pay thousands more. I'm thinking the majority of Chevy dealers will be happy making numerous sales. They will want to get them off their lot and put money in the bank. I don't think my dealer will screw me.
Just call them up and ask what their policy is. That is what I did. One dealer told me that they never sell a car for more than MSRP... said thay have never even sold a Z06 for more than sticker. The other dealer said that they let the market dictate their prices (basically if they can sell it for a few grand over sticker, then they will) I told him that they will never see a dime of my money then.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I had called the dealers about 7 or 8 months ago and just about all said MSRP. My dealer, whom I've purchased 4 cars from, said at most would be MSRP, but I would be getting the best deal if I went with them. Everyone knows that dealers who take care of their customers could keep them for life. What was that figure again? Something like 7 cars in a lifetime? Well, I'll be going on 5 and I'll be 31 by the time I buy it. I'm sure my dealer is well aware that I could potentially buy another 5 to 7 cars from them in my lifetime. They'll do me right.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #22
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
What was that figure again? Something like 7 cars in a lifetime? Well, I'll be going on 5 and I'll be 31 by the time I buy it. I'm sure my dealer is well aware that I could potentially buy another 5 to 7 cars from them in my lifetime. They'll do me right.
Same here. I'm on car #6 and I'm 32...

Where did they come up with such a low # of 7? My parents have both owned more than 7 vehicles and they're only in their early 50's.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #23
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I sure do hope they stay MSRP but I doubt the dealers in my area will pass up a few dozen grand no matter the circumstances. I would imagine many other dealers around the country will have the same view.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
I sure do hope they stay MSRP but I doubt the dealers in my area will pass up a few dozen grand no matter the circumstances. I would imagine many other dealers around the country will have the same view.
Sad part is you're right. If you walk into a dealer as a first timer, they'll probably try to screw you out of a couple extra bucks (depending on the dealer, of course). I'm thinking if I walk in there and say, hey...I've already bought 4 from ya...you wanna keep my business? meh...they should be smart enough. They've been VERY good to me over the years. I just wish my same manager was working there. There wouldn't be a question in my mind about it then.