Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #29
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Gary View Post
The Indy 500. Happens every May. We are speculateing that it will be the PACE CAR.
Lol.... Indy 500? What is that? Just kidding.... I do not really follow the IRL, I guess that is still no excuse for not knowing when the Indy 500 is.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #30
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Freedom07, dont even bother with such news, this forum doesnt want to hear it, they are content on believing what they read on Chevrolet.com. They refuse to believe insider trade news from anywhere else, so dont even bother trying to explain, I was in the hot seat too! So lets all juts respect opinions from anyone and just get along, and believe what you want to believe as individuals.
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #31
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
Freedom07, dont even bother with such news, this forum doesnt want to hear it, they are content on believing what they read on Chevrolet.com. They refuse to believe insider trade news from anywhere else, so dont even bother trying to explain, I was in the hot seat too! So lets all juts respect opinions from anyone and just get along, and believe what you want to believe as individuals.
I don't want to stir the pot or whatever, but I don't think the majority of us base our opinions or beliefs on chevrolet.com. The fact is that we have reliable information from individuals directly associated with the Camaro project that have confirmed and disconfirmed various rumors that have we base our beliefs on.

However, in all honesty, there is nothing that is known for sure at this point other than the Camaro will return soon. So you are right that everyone should believe what they want to believe.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
You can post up any and all news, Freedom! Please don't let this deter you from expressing your excitement and sharing your information. You heard something and you wanted to share. That's what it's all about here. As you are aware, everything is speculation. So don't be suprised if you occasionally run into a disagreement. As the rules state, it's okay to disagree, but don't attack. It's not that we don't want to hear news (as we've stated over and over not to stop posting and don't let a couple of other peoples opinions scare you off)....it's just that we have a GM promotional manager sitting here amongst us and he is telling us exactly what to expect.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I didn't have time to read thru all the thread, but let me say this:
The Camaro will NOT be out in 2007.
Period.
The new Camaro is based on a clean sheet of paper. The Challenger, on the other hand, is based on the Chrysler 300.
When you use an existing architecture, you can reduce the time it takes to bring a car to market.
Keep in mind that we only approved the new Camaro in August of 2006. We will start building new Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008. That's 25 months.
Not bad for an all-new world class architecture.
Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.
So........don't listen to what you hear from some people. There are many people out there making claims.....but when you investigate, you hear something along the lines of:

"......well, my uncle's neighbor's sister's son's best friend's brother sells coffee filters to the GM Tech Center and HE KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GM!!!"
Even with this, we know things can change. But, we have to go on factual information due to all the speculation floating around. Again, disagreements are disagreements. PLEASE, don't let a single disagreement keep you from posting. If that's how it was, I would have been gone within my first week of posting here too . WE RESPECT YOU AND YOUR OPINION.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #33
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Plus, most of us have removed our training wheels from our computer chair and are sitting at the grownup table now… Occasionally someone is offended and puts on their arm flotation devices and jumps in the kiddy pool…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #34
damen

Drives: '06 Lotus Elise, '07 Sky Redline
I have my doubts that it'll come out early, but oh how I would love to hear that.

I'm trying to figure out when I need to start talking to my local chevy dealership to make sure I'm at/near the top of the list for ordering when the time comes.
damen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Plus, most of us have removed our training wheels from our computer chair and are sitting at the grownup table now… Occasionally someone is offended and puts on their arm flotation devices and jumps in the kiddy pool…
Thats Funny.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #36
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
You guys are to be commended!! I really like the way this was handled. Freedom07 is obviously a Camaro fanatic and was only reporting info that he thought was reliable and that others would be interested in!
If this were some of the other sites, I am afraid he would have been fed to the wolves and made to feel terrible. Rumours about Camaro production are bound to be spread and fortunately people with a manufacturing background realize that Oshawa has to live up to its obligations for the current models it is running and then and only then can the retooling for the Camaro and other models begin. This will not be an easy or fast project, so moving the project ahead will be very unlikely. Before we know it, the Camaro will be here and we will all be very happy! To Freedom07, enjoy your stay here!! You are with a great bunch of people!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #37
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3whiterag View Post
You guys are to be commended!! I really like the way this was handled. Freedom07 is obviously a Camaro fanatic and was only reporting info that he thought was reliable and that others would be interested in!
If this were some of the other sites, I am afraid he would have been fed to the wolves and made to feel terrible. Rumours about Camaro production are bound to be spread and fortunately people with a manufacturing background realize that Oshawa has to live up to its obligations for the current models it is running and then and only then can the retooling for the Camaro and other models begin. This will not be an easy or fast project, so moving the project ahead will be very unlikely. Before we know it, the Camaro will be here and we will all be very happy! To Freedom07, enjoy your stay here!! You are with a great bunch of people!
Name:  C6CT6785..jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  58.1 KB

We usually feed the trouble makers to the wolves on this site...
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #38
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

I don't think I will ever eat rare meat again!?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #39
Freedom07

Drives: Lifted 98 GMC K1500
Thanks to all who have encouraged me to keep posting.... I will! and to others who are a little more sarcastic or well....rude. dont confuse respect and being polite for weakness or lack of willingness to stand up for myself. there will be no running and hiding or "putting on arm flotation devices and going to the kiddy pool." I can and will defend myself if the situation arises. like someone said before this is a place for exchanging ideas. so if you are talking to a new person and feel the need to belittle them to make yourself feel better. you better find someone else..... I was just being polite because I thought I had given false information and that is the last thing I wanted to do. so to all those who engouraged.....thanks.

oh and here are your wolves
Attached Images

Last edited by Freedom07; 01-30-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:54 AM   #40
militaryman69
Huh?

Drives: 02' impala... gotta save.
I am also in Goldsboro

Well, thats where I work. I live in Snow Hill NC. Maybe one day we will be next to each other at a red light...lol
militaryman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #41
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3whiterag View Post

Production doesn't have to start in Oshawa. It can be moved there later on.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #42
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
Production doesn't have to start in Oshawa. It can be moved there later on.
I doubt that very much when GM is trying to control costs! Why double up on tooling when it is not necessary. See post #32

Last edited by 3whiterag; 01-31-2007 at 09:33 AM.