Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #225
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Lemon lawwwww that thing already. It’s been months. Start over.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #226
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
How many times EXACTLY has it been aligned?
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #227
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
LOL now they are chasing it with Tires and more alignments they just won't accept the fact that the diff is mess up.

Ted.
You are about to get "TRAVISED" Right TravisLambert? LOL

Save some time Ted, Go get a lemon law attorney. Pm me, I have a good one I used against Kia.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #228
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
You are about to get "TRAVISED" Right TravisLambert? LOL

Save some time Ted, Go get a lemon law attorney. Pm me, I have a good one I used against Kia.
Yep. You're absolutely right. You'll be cut off. That's exactly what happened to me when I was posting to this forum while working to resolve a problem.

Seriously man. It's time to escalate this to an attorney. It seems you're getting the classic run-around where they wear you down to make you go away. They need to buy your car back and investigate this issue on their own time and not rob you of yours.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #229
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Ted, you need to get more serious with this. I know how these things work. They'll play ring-around-the-rosie with you all day long. Meanwhile you're wasting precious time and driving opportunities with a car that's dangerous to drive. You need to get ahold of the district manager or have the dealer executives tell him that they either FIX this car and get serious about it, and give them a deadline, or you're going to pursue a lemon law case. Period.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #230
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Ted, you need to get more serious with this. I know how these things work. They'll play ring-around-the-rosie with you all day long. Meanwhile you're wasting precious time and driving opportunities with a car that's dangerous to drive. You need to get ahold of the district manager or have the dealer executives tell him that they either FIX this car and get serious about it, and give them a deadline, or you're going to pursue a lemon law case. Period.
Nah,

Skip all the BS, go straight to a lemon law attorney. The lemon law is very detailed as to what qualifies, and from the sound of it , this qualifies.

Lemon law attorneys work on a contingent basis, and will not take the case unless it meets the requirements and then its pretty easy and clear cut.

The whole process from start to finish takes about 2.5 mths. I have been thru it a few times. Once on my 09' Z06 for the head and valve guide issue, once on a C5 Z06 for brake and ABS/traction control issues, and on a BMW 335i for the high pressure fuel pump issues.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #231
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Nah,

Skip all the BS, go straight to a lemon law attorney. The lemon law is very detailed as to what qualifies, and from the sound of it , this qualifies.

Lemon law attorneys work on a contingent basis, and will not take the case unless it meets the requirements and then its pretty easy and clear cut.

The whole process from start to finish takes about 2.5 mths. I have been thru it a few times. Once on my 09' Z06 for the head and valve guide issue, once on a C5 Z06 for brake and ABS/traction control issues, and on a BMW 335i for the high pressure fuel pump issues.
Well...The 2.5 month process and then the process of getting a new one ordered exactly how Ted wanted it, like his current one is, doesn't sound very appealing naturally unless it's the last resort in which case it's your only way out. A bit of strong negotiations could probably have it fixed and on the road in a few weeks or less.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #232
Chris Edwards

Drives: 2017 ZL1
The question is, do all ZL1's have this problem, but only certain distinguishing drivers are able to tell?
Chris Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #233
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
The question is, do all ZL1's have this problem, but only certain distinguishing drivers are able to tell?
If so, I would think that the car magazine's who have reviewed them would have noted or said something. A lot of people track these cars, I am sure it would have come up from owners.

Seems to be an isolated thing.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:46 PM   #234
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
Absolutely not.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #235
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Well...The 2.5 month process and then the process of getting a new one ordered exactly how Ted wanted it, like his current one is, doesn't sound very appealing naturally unless it's the last resort in which case it's your only way out. A bit of strong negotiations could probably have it fixed and on the road in a few weeks or less.
Sure that sounds good, but in hindsight a replacement car would have certainly been a good option in the beginning.

And it's probably still a good option, but the Sunk Cost Fallacy is hard at work.

GM can expedite an order and get it out in the next batch if they want. A guy I know had an issue where GM bought back the car, and they bumped his new order to the front of the line.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #236
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Sure that sounds good, but in hindsight a replacement car would have certainly been a good option in the beginning.

And it's probably still a good option, but the Sunk Cost Fallacy is hard at work.

GM can expedite an order and get it out in the next batch if they want. A guy I know had an issue where they ultimately bought back the car, and they bumped his new order to the front of the line.
Oh I agree with you, if it was my car or my customers car I would have called the district manager immediately and laid it down very simply, either we get aggressive and have this thing fixed within a week and stop screwing around with tires and alignments or we're lemon lawing this thing and you're going to buy it back. End of story. That should have been found out on week 1. As soon as that goes no where for max of a week, time to lawyer up.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 PM   #237
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
LOL now they are chasing it with Tires and more alignments they just won't accept the fact that the diff is mess up.

Ted.

Buy back!
Old 06-07-2018, 06:58 AM   #238
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I worked with a GM lawyer myself for my ZL1 buyback. 45 days for me was 4 months. It was an ordeal but in the end GM was fair to me. But I had to do quite a bit of bitching.

I know you are no pushover Ted.

There used to be a GM executive owner URL, But I cannot find it now, only this GM lemon site.

General Motors
ATTN: BRC Legal
P.O. Box 33170
Detroit, MI 48232

GM business resource center:

http://www.gm.com/lemon-law.html

Contact Us Via Email
gmprioritycare@gm.com

Contact Us Via Phone
1-866-636-2273
Monday to Saturday
8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST