Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
BLACK SUNSHINE

Drives: 68 Firebird
April-May Allocation Report/Consensus Dates

I've been out of town for a while and was wondering when the allocation per week reports came out for the April consensus? Do the dealers have them now?

Also, when does the May consensus come out?

I searched around but didnt find it. Thanks.
1100 = Preliminary Order: 2/26/09 ..............................3800 = Produced: 6/29 VIN: 2G1FC1EV9A9122433
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/19/09 ...............................4000 = Available to Ship: 7/1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: ? ..........4200 = Shipped: 7/03/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production:6/6/09.......................5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/09
3400 = Broadcast:6/16/09............................... 6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/15/09
BLACK SUNSHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
The allocation per week right now we can see up to the week of April 16th we should see the last two weeks of April and first couple of May after the 16th.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
according to my dealer the may consensus comes out next week. but then obviously the allocation numbers are still coming out every thursday.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
This is a copy of the post I mad a couple days ago. Hope it helps.
Now as promised I will share my new understanding of concensus, allocation report etc. Allocation report is not to be confused with the term we have all been using when refering to the number of cars a dealer will be allocated thru quarter 3. I will use the term production guide for that from this point forward. Allocation as I will use will represent the number of cars the dealer has been given during a specific period (1 week) that he can process the order for. Below you will see the copy of the Allocation Report that RPO had posted. There is another view of this report that really made a lot more sense to me when it was explained to me. I do not have a copy of one to post but maybe one of the dealers out there will flash a copy here for us to see. But let me try to explain it verbally. Ok I was looking at the allocation report from March it covered the last two weeks of March and the first 3 weeks of April. Forget March because they are "0" because those cars were already ordered from the Feb Allocation Report. Ok today April 2 lets say the report shows a 1. This mean the dealer can process a car into the production system. So he would then go to the Pass one report and select the car he wishes to order. He has until the following Tuesday to place it. If he does nothing GM will order the lowest priority number that does not have constraints. Hope this part made sense. Then on the report the next week April 9 is listed. Under it lets say it says 0. The dealer can not place an order that week so he does nothing and no Camaros go into production. Then at the top is says April 16. Under it lets say it says 2. Now the dealer can order two cars using the same process described above. Boom, that is it. This is exactly where we stand as of today. Cars that have been Allocated and ordered into production have moved off of the 1100 status. So based on this many dealers might have an allocation of a car or several cars effective today. The dealer can process that today thru Tuesday. Then shortly thereafter the status code of those cars will change prob to 2000 (Gm Accepted) Now that does not in any way mean the car is going to be built that week or next. It just means that the dealer was allocated and submitted an order for a car. On the pass one report the ordered car will then go into the In System Tab. Based on the above information as of today the dealer may know he has two cars to order April 16th but he can not order them until then. The cars being built right now and from March 16th were all from the Feb. allocation report. Some dealers might have had allocation given during the last two weeks of March but that was to place the orders and those cars may have proceeded to status 3000, 3300 or even 3400 but it would not be uncommon for them to still be at 2000. GM has accepted the dealer order and production is scheduling it to be built. The production line uses the policy of Just In Time for parts supply. This means that there is very little surplus stock of parts and they arrive just in time for that car to be built. Some cars have been stuck at 3400 for a while. That would indicate that the parts to build that car are "just a little late" so that car will not proceed until all the parts are ready for it. GM production will generally issue a TPW (target production week). This is an estimate based on when they think all the parts will be in stock and ready for the car to be built. It is only an estimate and a target. It can and will move dependent on its parts. Now early on it is very possible for a car to be built even before a TPW has been assigned. Parts ready and the car has proceeded even before they system posts and catches up. Good surprise for some. Ok below is the allocation report that was posted previously. But as I said there is a detail one up from this one that breaks out the weeks. This one is a little more general and breaks it out by months. The next allocation report will be for the last two weeks of April and first 2 or 3 weeks of May. I have not figured the dates yet but you can count ahead and prob figure it out. The next allocation report should be available on April 19 I believe. My thanks go to a longtime forum member and future Camaro owner NOL300 who took the time today to go over the entire order process with me today. He is an incredible asset to the forum and I was humbled by his generousity today. Nolan, Thank you.This is as promised Accurate information as best as I could provide. Dealers feel free to clarify any information. Adios all
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote