Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #15
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Actually, I'd have to seriously say I agree with you. We are getting a couple Tahoe's, a few Impalas, and a few Chargers. All will be unmarked if I recall correctly. Unmarked is fine, but there's almost a point where I'd say "unmarked" goes too far. How many people out there would really want to stop for a maroon mini-van w/ a few blinking lights. I wouldn't want to stop. That could be some nut trying to pull me over....it's happened in the past and given time, will happen again.

We've also had a recent run in where a county guy was trying to make a traffic stop in an unmarked. The person refused to pull over. Apparently, the officer thought this justified him in shooting at the vehicle (yeah...it's a little odd if you ask me) which it didn't. So, this can cause problems.

Everyone in SA knows we drive Crown Vics. We have a bunch of maroon, green, silver, black, and dark blue Crown Vics w/ hologram SAPD stickers on the sides. They all have hideaways and are slick tops. There's only a small antenna on the back and the plates are regular old Texas plates (PD cars all say expempt). You wouldn't be able to tell, but citizens of SA know this. If some jerky tried pulling me over in a mini van, I'd think they lost their mind!

Ok, I just have to ask... do you guys ever play any cop games on one another like in Super-troopers, or worse yet, on the people you pull over?
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Oh, we'll play games on each other. We won't do anything that could affect our jobs, though. Meow, I'm sure someone out there has tried this on a person they've pulled over. Personally, I haven't. Other small jokes sure. I thought my partner was going to give this lady heart attack. She was terrified to death of snakes. Well, she had a snake on her porch and she calls police....yeah...a police matter, right. We get there and are looking for the snake. We can't find it. She's outside by now explaining what it looked like and my partner points right down at her feet screaming "SNAKE, SNAKE!!!". OMG, I thought she was going to keel over and die after having a heart attack. Sure it was funny , but I wouldn't have done it.

We'll play jokes on each other too. Like we'll take all of our partners stuff out of their patrol cars and put it in the trunk. Then, we'll roll down the drivers side window, and sprinkle broken glass in and around the drivers side door. It makes it look like his patrol car was broken into. Or, you can turn on the siren while holding the PA button down (this cuts off the siren and keys up the PA). Put the corded PA in between the door and the seat still depressing the button. The officer opens his door, which releases the PA, and makes the siren go off. Everyone looks at you and it's pretty embarrasing. Especially when the new guy can't turn off the siren as quickly. There's also the placing of baby powder in the ac vents. Then, you turn on the ac full blast and point the vents at the driver. When the driver gets in, he turns on the car and the ac goes full blast blowing baby powder all over you. Sure, we do jokes sometimes. Oh, and some officers like to jump on other officers computers sending out group messages. All messages are time stamped and officer stamped by lap top. SO, you get the point. I can send out a message to eveyone on your laptop making it look like you did. There have been some hilarious messages that have gone out.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #17
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
That’s funny, meow.

As for the unmarked cruisers in MI, you can usually tell what they are. On the other hand, one that fooled me was in “BIG D” , it was a plane Jane Dodge Intrepid. I was not pulled over by him/her but witnessed a stop on someone else.

TAG you have a good point on the minivan, I would probably say WTF is this sh** meow… In MI it is against the law to have blue lights on a vehicle but it is ok to have red. That makes me wonder what the hell the state law makers are thinking because are “State Boys” usually only have one big red light on the top of there cruiser with strobes in the grill and back window. Are “County Mounties” and “City Boys” usually have both red and blue with strobes.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #18
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Theres a unmarked burgandy Mercury Marauder state trooper around where I live. Its got dark tint and 20'' chrome rims. I always thought it was some thugs car or somthin, then my friend who used to work at the ford dealership told me it was a souped up state trooper car. It has a regular state tag and no radio antenna, most cop cars have like 3 antennas and that yellow tag down here.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #19
SSFreak11

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
I got a ticket from a guy driving an unmarked Dodge Stratus with about 20% tint all the way around. No antennas or anything. Suprised the hell outta me. It was the first stratus squad car I had ever seen, plus it was at night so I couldn't see anything that might have given it away.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

We have a few out there you'll pass right by and never know. I don't know because I work with them.....I know cause I got pulled over. Never even thought twice when I went passed him. I was like WTF??? Where did he come from??? Durrr...that was the maroon Crown Vic I just passed. Oops.

On who can pull veh's over....different jurisdictions have different "rules" per say. Law says one thing. But, General Manual rules say something different....more strict. Like having a marked patrol car make traffic stops. We do it w/ red and blues...period. TX state law says you can't have any flashing lights on your vehicle unless they are turn signals or are on emergency vehicles. So, those blue lights you put in place of the window washer sprayers that you thought were cool are illegal as hell. You can't have red or blue lights on the front of your car.

This is where it gets me a little confused. Vehicle manufacturers are making cars w/ blue headlights. We've all seen'em. According to traffic law, this is illegal because they are not white/amber/or yellow. They also make the blue aftermarket lights. A lot of those lights, if you read the box, state clearly that they are for off road use only. What do I do? Don't mess w/ the blue headlights. I'll mess w/ someone w/ the added blue dot lights on the hood ONLY if I have a VERY GOOD reason. And I've only given one ticket for that...cause she just haaaaaad to give me attitude when I was kindly explaining the legality of the lights to her.

Last thing...antennas are getting smaller. My regular patrol vehicle has 2 ant's. One for the laptop and one for the cars police radio. My last veh had 5 and some other cool gadgets. There are different veh's used for different things. I won't get into what all they do. But, it's pretty impressive to say the least.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:44 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh, and while I'm on the subject.....

If you are travelling on the freeway, expressway, or highway...whatever...and you see a police car w/ red and blue lights approaching you from behind at a VERY high rate of speed...even if you don't yet hear the sounds of a siren (you won't because we are going pretty fast),
PULL OVER TO THE RIGHT AND SLOW DOWN. We are hauling butt so we can get somewhere FAST. Slowing down in the fast lane and not moving over, or pulling over to the left DOES NOTHING TO HELP. Pull over to the right first and then SLOW DOWN. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #22
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
We have a few out there you'll pass right by and never know. I don't know because I work with them.....I know cause I got pulled over. Never even thought twice when I went passed him. I was like WTF??? Where did he come from??? Durrr...that was the maroon Crown Vic I just passed. Oops.

On who can pull veh's over....different jurisdictions have different "rules" per say. Law says one thing. But, General Manual rules say something different....more strict. Like having a marked patrol car make traffic stops. We do it w/ red and blues...period. TX state law says you can't have any flashing lights on your vehicle unless they are turn signals or are on emergency vehicles. So, those blue lights you put in place of the window washer sprayers that you thought were cool are illegal as hell. You can't have red or blue lights on the front of your car.

This is where it gets me a little confused. Vehicle manufacturers are making cars w/ blue headlights. We've all seen'em. According to traffic law, this is illegal because they are not white/amber/or yellow. They also make the blue aftermarket lights. A lot of those lights, if you read the box, state clearly that they are for off road use only. What do I do? Don't mess w/ the blue headlights. I'll mess w/ someone w/ the added blue dot lights on the hood ONLY if I have a VERY GOOD reason. And I've only given one ticket for that...cause she just haaaaaad to give me attitude when I was kindly explaining the legality of the lights to her.

Last thing...antennas are getting smaller. My regular patrol vehicle has 2 ant's. One for the laptop and one for the cars police radio. My last veh had 5 and some other cool gadgets. There are different veh's used for different things. I won't get into what all they do. But, it's pretty impressive to say the least.
Serves her right…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #23
IROC'em

We have a newer law here in Florida that says you must move over into the far lane and slow down like 30 mph below speed limit but not less than 15 I think it is when a cop has sombody pulled over on the side of the road. I hear the ticket for not doing so is pretty hefty.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The laws should be the same pretty much across the board. Here in TX, you are required to vacate the lane closest to the officer. If the motorist is unable to do that, then they are required to slow down 20mph below the posted speed limit. In the case of a 30-35 mph zone, the motorist is required to slow to 20mph. I'd say a good 60% of people don't even bother. It drives me nuts because let's all ask ourselves...who likes having cars whip by you at 50-70mph with about 2-3 feet between the car and you standing on the roadway. Anyone who's gotten a flat or had car trouble and had to pull over knows exactly what I'm talking about. Now, I go through that 2 to 3 times daily. And we've seen the videos on tv of what happens when a police car or officer gets hit who's standing on the side of the road. Not good.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
IROC'em

People around where I live seem to do pretty well getting out of the way, even if they are stopped at a light they try to pull off to the side when emergency vehichles need through. They slow down at least even if they are too dumb to get over when a cop has sombody pulled over. Ive had to pull off of I-75 before on the shoulder, kinda unnerving having cars whip by you at 70 and 80 mph.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #26
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Exclamation

Quote:
:( You hate me Lowrider?
:eek: Oh shit my bad man I did not know, but honestly I hate the cops around here, I lay low alot, so I stay out of trouble. The last time I got in trouble, I let my cousin drive my truck and I hung my ass out the window as we passed this black Charger about 70, well needless to say he has 4 points left and I got a $210.00 fine that is due in may or they take my license. But that was my own stupid move.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #27
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
Tag, I agree completely with the pull to the right and slow down. I'm paramedic. I can't tell you how many times I have been running priority one to a call and run into a blue hair or other slow/blind driver in the fast lane that won't move over. PD cars are not small eco's and people don't see them all the time, but how in the hell can you not see a fast moving box with strobes all over it.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanskny View Post
Tag, I agree completely with the pull to the right and slow down. I'm paramedic. I can't tell you how many times I have been running priority one to a call and run into a blue hair or other slow/blind driver in the fast lane that won't move over. PD cars are not small eco's and people don't see them all the time, but how in the hell can you not see a fast moving box with strobes all over it.
Thanks!

Sad part is I see it w/ the EMS units all the time as well. I'll be either going to a call where EMS is headed and see them OTW there or, I'll be sitting at a light just watching and waiting and watching and waiting....all while EMS has strobes and siren trying to get around 3 rows of cars stopped at a light. I wish people would just move forward since everyone else is stopped and if you MUST blow the light to let the EMS unit through so EMS can save a life, DO IT. One day, the life being saved, just might....BE YOUR OWN. Now tell me, if it was you being cared for in the EMS unit, would you want people to get the hell out of the way?