The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Bloomberg Review's the C7 Stingray Seats

March 11 (Bloomberg) --
Bloomberg News’ Matt Miller reports on innovation behind the redesigned seats in the new Corvette Stingray on Bloomberg Television’s “In The Loop.”

Watch the video here: http://www.bloomberg.com/video/popou...~gXmqxQ/28.465

Video (key) text excerpts:
"Matt Miller talked to the engineer behind the change. I tested them substantially and extensively. I will say that I have been both in the previous Corvette, which was not called a Stingray, just a Corvette, and then I rode this thing in michigan.

These are the new seats. And they are gorgeous. More important, they offer real support and they are quite lightweight but strong. They are made of magnesium. They have a magnesium frame.

No one would show a picture of the old seats because they sucked, frankly. They did not look bad, they do not have any bolster support. They were very flexible when you needed stiffness. In a racecar or track, it is the stiffness. You need to be able to feel the roads and the bumps. The old seats were just uncomfortable. You could not use them to control the car and feel the car as you should be.

It was old GM versus New GM. The way the company was run before the bankruptcy was not necessarily the way a car company should be run. You could make the argument that they are doing a much, much better job of holding quality products. Everyone would agree. They put their full effort into this. They have gone above and beyond with the new Corvette.

It is amazing what is done to sales. GM sales are down six percent. Corvette sales are up 150% in the last -- it cost about 53,000. They raised the price by five percent because they were selling too many. The only thing they could do to try and get demand in line with supply was to raise the price. If you want a good version, it will cost you at least $55,000 as before you add any kind of special equipment to it."
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
And here is a dealership's video covering the C7 seats...

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote