#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-13-2023, 12:41 AM   #29
Z06ZLE

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
No. Base means the lowest trim of that model.

If the ZL1 had other trims, like ZL1 1LT, ZL1 2LT and ZL1 3LT then the base would be considered the ZL1 1LT.

Yes, those different version would have options that the other don't but still it doesn't count when there is only 1 trim of a specific model, like the ZL1.

Now, the Camaro SS....it has the 1SS and 2SS so the base Camaro SS would be the 1SS.
Bulletproof logic based on actual, existing precedent. But you can’t change the minds of those who aren’t willing to have their minds changed.

Glad the tranny issue has been resolved for the OP!
2014 Mustang GT
2012 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Z06
2008 Corvette Z06
2007 Yamaha R6

Daily: 2015 BMW i3
Z06ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 06:14 PM   #30
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
We’ll agree to disagree. A ZL1 with no options will continue to be a base ZL1 to me.
Leonard,
Isn't the 1LE a package? Are you saying the 1LE is an option and not a package? Would that be like a corvette with a Z05 package?

Last edited by george; 09-24-2023 at 07:40 PM.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 07:00 AM   #31
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
I had a brand new 2021 LT1 MN6 with 700 Kms on the car, entire transmission had to come out because of leak. The Shifter plate seal was bad from the factory, I got heavily compensated from GM. At the time Scott Bell was in charge of Canadian Operations and I spoke with him directly. I was given many options, cash settlement for my inconvienance, major discount on my next car, or thousands in accessories.
The car was out for about a month and they even had someone from Tremec look at my car to figure out how this happened.
GM Canada went way above and beyond to make me happy.

Jason

regards,

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:44 PM   #32
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
So I posted back in Sept about my car popping out of 3rd gear under load. Dealer couldn't get it in right away because the guy they wanted working on my car was going on vacation. Then we had the auto strike and they couldn't get parts, as I suggested it could be the 3rd shift synchro. So the strike ended and they ordered everything related to the 3rd shift synchro, but then the guy they had to work on my car went out for back surgery, ugh. Then the snow started to fly so I told the dealer to wait until the weather got nice again. Well, the car came out of storage, up to the dealer and they got right to it. Called them last Friday for an update and well, there is a hiccup. They had to order another part, said part came in and it doesn't match the part they needed, even though the part numbers match. Go figure. They are waiting on GM to get back to them. They called today to say GM has no idea what's going on, just drop in a new transmission. I will say the old transmission shifts felt a little notchy, I'm hoping this new one is smoother than the original. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get a new trans in, guess we'll see.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:43 PM   #33
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
Well the dealer had my car for 3 solid weeks. Ended up getting a new transmission, they said either the original was built wrong or I had the wrong transmission all together. Anyways, no issues on my 30 mile drive home, and the shifting seems to be a little smoother as well.
For those following, my car has a build date of Feb 2023.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:01 PM   #34
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooster View Post
Well the dealer had my car for 3 solid weeks. Ended up getting a new transmission, they said either the original was built wrong or I had the wrong transmission all together. Anyways, no issues on my 30 mile drive home, and the shifting seems to be a little smoother as well.
For those following, my car has a build date of Feb 2023.
All I can say is drive the shit out of it under warranty, when my salesman was trying to set up my OnStar, I said sure! while I am test driving my new car, never had a problem since. Of course, every answer was no no no when the chick was asking me questions to sign up.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote