Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Camaro in rap video.

CHECK THIS SH** OUT...

KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh, my.................

um.... yeah...the concept was in there.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #3
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I think the video is cool but I like all kinds of music. I have read threads on other forums and people were disgusted, appalled, and/or could not believe GM would allow such a disaster to humanity to occur. Most of the “Negative Nancy’s” thought GM is marketing to the wrong crowd or that GM is going to receive a bad “rap” for associating its self with this type of music/lyrics (Oh no, not the “N word” thing again). WTF… There are to many people in this world that get there panties in a bunch over the dumbest things. The more the public sees it the more units GM can sell. If I’m not mistaken that is a good thing, right? DUMB ASSES…

Cadillac virtually had no commercials for the Escalade but every rapper in the world had one in his or her video, same with the Hummers. Oh, and lets not forget about the Chrysler 300. All of these vehicles mad a profit for its maker. In one of my collage classes I watched a documentary with one of the GM “BIG WIGS’ stating that rap videos are what marketed the Escalade to the public. Plus, who do you think is watching all theses rap videos? Yep you guessed it, white suburban teenagers… Like I said, DUMB ASSES…

Last edited by KILLER74Z28; 12-11-2006 at 01:32 PM.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I played it again just to make sure. <--- That's me with hands over my ears. Not a fan of the video or the song. IMO, there's different types of rap. NWA, Public Enemy, Dr Dre, and Warren G is my style. Not too fond of this type. But, you had VERY valid points and I can't agree w/ you more. GM is selling and this schtuff is helping to make it sell. Cool w/ me. Make the vids and sell GM, sell!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:14 AM   #5
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
its in there abit
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:30 AM   #6
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Terrible 'music' & what they would call lyrics. I could only stomach it until the Silver car appeared.

I love when people get in an uproar over things like this, they don't seem to realize that everyone has opinions and they just attract attention to things that would otherwise never be picked up on the radar.

It comes down to one thing, Marketing for GM, plain and simple...
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
actually it is awesome to me! I remember in the 80s when I listened to all the headbanging metal music and now marilyn manson etc. I was told that it was all devil worship music and that they all taught us to be suicidal ,well I never did either but loved the music.
music is a personal thing and if you are offended by it ,try recording your daily thoughts and words you say to your friends and families not just those you dislike and you will be suprised at the real offenciveness comes from ourselves.( sorry about the ranting ) but the yellow camaro and new one are both awesome!!!!

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
tmerton

Drives: 2000 Camaro Z28
blahhh

I like a few rap songs...I don't mind the attention the video gives either and that it could boost sales...but it would infuriate me more than anything if I saw the new Camaros with 26 inch spinner rims like I do the Chargers, 300C's and older QUALITY chevy cars...it's just bad taste and a waste of a good car....
tmerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #9
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Ya but you know all these cars in theses rap videos are really expensive. All and damn it the school here has a lock on that sight it sucks I can't see it.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
IToldYouSo
Banned

Drives: 2005 corvette z51
it looks like gm had something to do with this video. every car was a gm. i like the song and the video. thats the remix to the regular version. hey gm knows what there doing and they know what sells....sex and music. no matter how much you wantto hate it its publicity for the car and music is a big influence on how people act and what they buy. i like it. good job gm keep it up
IToldYouSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #11
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
I am a 30-year old African- American man, and I myself don't have a high keen interest for most of the rap music being released nowadays. Being the father a teenager however keeps me in the loop with some of today's atrist and music of this genre. However, this stuff sells. It sells a lot! So to see the car WE are all getting excited about getting the publicity it is receiving(i.e this video and the upcoming Transformer movie) this is going to get the word and look out for GM. Having this concept's granddaddy in it does nothing but push the envelope more, it is awesome.

I however will not have my baby(my 2008/2009) looking like a freak show with all of the those unnecessary exterior modifications like 26" rims, a ridiculous piant job, and sounds in it to throw a concert. Now sir, my baby will have all of the appeal from the engine and exhaust, to show off the "real appeal of good ole' American muscle"! Simple looking on the outside, a BEAST on the inside. But, as far as the crowd and the delivery of this latest exposure, I am PSYCHED!

It should have been featured a little longer. Whew, I'm tired. Get those girls out of the way!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:11 AM   #12
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I listen to Rock and Rap music and lately Chevy has been the car of choice in Rap videos.. It is free advertising and GM needs all it can get. I don't like the look of the jacked up cars with 26 inch wheels though.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote