Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Talking Just a couple more months until we start feeling winter!!

(This message applies to Florida or deep South/Southeast owners only, lol).

Just a couple more months and then we won't have to deal with as much (not no more, just not as much - the former would be asking too much) stupid sporadic showers, staggering, suffocating humidity and sweltering heat! I can wash the Camaro and know the next day it won't be covered in a gross pelt of baked on water spots from some stupid pissant 3 minute early morning shower that is followed by glaring, direct sunlight and no more having coats of wax last less than a month from the heat and humidity! Most of all, we can ENJOY going outside for more than 10 minutes at a time before throwing my arms up and saying "f*ck this!"

Where's my Florida people at??? You know where I'm coming from! Especially if your car is kept outside!

Lol, I always see these season threads pop up at around this time usually dreading the oncoming winter, but us deep south owners have a very different idea of winter from everyone else. Just thought I'd switch things up a bit.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
INtha305

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
I can't wait. I was just saying this earlier today
INtha305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
We have had a cooler than normal summer. Maybe we won't have to wait for Christmas for the heat to break...
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
I live in so cal but I'm with you on I can't wait for winter. Favorite time of the year.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Florida -> Cali, best move I've ever made.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Ha Ha Ha. you guys are welcome to change places with me this winter.

we usually have snow from nov till late march.

gramps
Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post

we usually have snow from nov till late march.

gramps
Prime convertible top down months here!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Yeah, winter. Ha ha, wheee.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
If Im not mistaken the Northeast and Southeast are going to be opposite of the norm. Snow is coming your way and sunshine and 70* weather my way.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I can't wait!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
PatS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Hopefully, it will be a mild winter here in Colorado, at least in Southern Colorado where I am. So I have all season tires on my 2012 2LT V6, do those do well in the snow?
PatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

Just a couple more months and then we won't have to deal with as much (not no more, just not as much - the former would be asking too much) stupid sporadic showers, staggering, suffocating humidity and sweltering heat! I can wash the Camaro and know the next day it won't be covered in a gross pelt of baked on water spots from some stupid pissant 3 minute early morning shower that is followed by glaring, direct sunlight and no more having coats of wax last less than a month from the heat and humidity! Most of all, we can ENJOY going outside for more than 10 minutes at a time before throwing my arms up and saying "f*ck this!"

Where's my Florida people at??? You know where I'm coming from! Especially if your car is kept outside!

Lol, I always see these season threads pop up at around this time usually dreading the oncoming winter, but us deep south owners have a very different idea of winter from everyone else. Just thought I'd switch things up a bit.
Wish I were back in Florida. Gonna be 100 degrees here for another 6 weeks, then 90's for another 4-5
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

I live in Goodyear/Phoenix area and would love to be back in Florida (I used to live in Vero Beach,lived in Florida for 40 years).I washed the Camaro Sat morning and it was shiny and clean...then at 6pm,we got a dust storm and the car was absolutely filthy...as in take handfuls of dirt and throw it on your car.You could actually see the air swirl patterns from he wind in the dirt that was on the car.So,Sunday morning I got up at 5:30 and washed it again....and again,by late afternoon you could see the dust on the car.this desert living definately has it's drawbacks.....

As for the temps here,we don't have the humidity that Florida has,the excessive heat is murderous.Right now it's only 106,but tomr is going to be 112 with about 20% humidity...that bites.I'd GLADLY trade for Florida weather.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
Good bye golf, good bye clean camaro. Goodbye happiness.... Chicago problems :( 3 months of winter, 9 months of hell