Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #29
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
The second time I came in for the "appointment" and they told me they didn't have time after making me wait, I would have let them know they just lost a customer, left the dealership and never gone back. There are more than enough Chevy dealerships out there and they make good money off repair work. If a dealer treats me like that, they lose my business, end of story. Most dealerships I have dealt with will either send you home on shuttle or give you a free rental if it is going to take more than a hour or so to fix. This just seems totally ridiculous to me.

~Rex

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
If i'm not wrong,I believe that the whole dash has to come out to replace the core...which means the windshield has to come out to get two bolts that hold the dash in.It's just not a quick job.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING_DJ View Post

I drive a 1LT Camaro v6 2013 LFX engine. I just purchased the car on December 19th last year of 2012. I heard some gurgling noise behind the glove box and I decided I would read up on the information I might find on the camaro5 fourm (which is this fourm) and of course I find it. Thank you. So I decided to print the problem and explain to the service guys and they tell me they know exactly what it is and I also showed this the TBS number. They schedule me with an appointment and I am excited to resolve this issue and the day finally arrives and I jump in my car and drive on down to the dealer and they accept my keys and take the car to get service. I sit for 3 hours and this whole time I am excited it is being fixed just to be told they don't have time today because they ran into some more problems. I wasted 3 hours in the waiting room for nothing, are you serious? They tell me they will need to make another appointment and I accept, this time instead of 9am it will be 1 week letter at 2pm and I schedule the appointment and wait till that days arrives. Second chance going through this I head down to the dealer and walk to the service and he tells me they are so busy they do not have time today and they need to reschedule, I am thinking are you really serious? You didn't have time to call me at home and save my gas!!

Well now I reschedule again about 4 days later and I show up and they take my car to get worked on and notice some other pieces from the factory are not on the car. Some panels they claim around the heater core and they need those parts also and some other stuff. They say AGAIN they will call me back when everything is sent in and will have it worked on after I sat for 2 hours again. I wait and wait at home so long they never called! Three (3) weeks go by and I notice I need an oil change so I call to get my oil change and they tell me they notice I have not received helped for my gurgling noise and to come in the day after Christmas which I do and once again they take my car back to be properly fixed and I am waiting happily ( I have excellent patience) only to be told are you older than 21? I reply yes, and they reply back lets get you in a rental. Your car requires to much work. Again, after I sat for 2 hours and 30 minutes! Now I am sitting in a Chevy 2014 LT impala

What is so hard about changing the valve heater core to stop gurgling noise! I don't even want my car no more. I feel they are messing my car up! It is not the same anymore!!

My Camaro friends please help me. I NEED YOU!!!

UPDATE as of 12/27/2013= My problem has been fixed! Installed was a CHECK VALVE IN HEATER HOSE
KING_DJ,

Very sorry to hear about your concerns. We understand your worries but are confident that this will be resolved for you. You are more than welcome to message us privately to provide updates on the service visit and we can get involved if necessary.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #32
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
What I do in this situation, as stated above, is call GM customer service. They will set everything up, and make sure everything gets fixed in a good amount of time. They helped me get my engine rebuilt on my 3.6L CTS a few years ago and I didn't pay a dime!!!
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote