Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Nice setup
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #30
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Start doing long cruises. After about an hour or two on a bike, you'll wish you were in the Camaro. I use my motorcycle for my daily communting, but any long trips I will take the Camaro. You could also move to Vegas, or any other desert city. It gets o hot there in the summer, you won't want to be on or in anything withoout A/C. Or start a camaro club and do Camaro only cruises.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #31
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by simes007us View Post

Help, I have gone to the two wheeled dark side!

Any good suggestions to make me want to drive the Camaro again?

It's a bit of a problem considering I'd have to add 400+ horsepower to the car to make it keep up with my bike
Nope. Motorcycles are superior forms of transportation.

I use the camaro for grocery shopping as I was tired of bungee cording all my groceries to the motorcycle.

Quote:
Start doing long cruises. After about an hour or two on a bike, you'll wish you were in the Camaro. I use my motorcycle for my daily communting, but any long trips I will take the Camaro. You could also move to Vegas, or any other desert city. It gets o hot there in the summer, you won't want to be on or in anything withoout A/C. Or start a camaro club and do Camaro only cruises.
Ya.... that's never stopped me. I have ridden both a sportster and xr1200 across the country several times. I also ride both in the hot summer months and am not bothered by either.

If you like motorcycles, then there is nothing that can replace them.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Get a gnarly complete exhaust setup headers-back. May not be as fast, ducatis are nasty, and sound awesome. But can't beat the sound of a v8 singing right

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #33
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
I was a sport bike rider for about 8 years, then a harley rider for about 3. i crashed the sport bike at 50mph and walked away with only road rash and the bike was only scrathed. the harley was great i rode it across country. after having my son i just never rode anymore. so i traded it in for the camaro this year. im finally starting to not have that urge to go for a ride. i have plenty of friends with bikes so i can still ride if i want to. after loosing a couple of good friends while they were riding i just had to give it up until my kids grow up.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #34
big papa

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I drive the Camaro when its really hot or rainy, otherwise I ride. Life is good... 3 yo Camaro w/ only 15000 miles. Cupholders on both...

19 GMC CC 4x4
2019 Harley RGS
big papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #35
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
My wife has the Camaro and I have an S1000RR and a 99 R1.Driving the car just doesn't compare to riding the bikes.However,the car handles pretty good for a car....
Attached Images

Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #36
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
I know that feeling. Only I haven't been on a bike in about 5 months. I live in San Diego and we have some of the best roads out here for my 04 R6 but I recently had a friend get himself killed up on Palomar Mountain who was a far superior rider to anyone whom I have known and since that I have been scared to hop on and not because I could die but because of seeing what that did to his family at his funeral. Although I won't lie and say everytime I see a bike dragging knee on the way to Julian and I am in the Camaro I don't get jealous......

It's the damn adrenaline that just pushes all of the useless s##t out of your head and gives you total blissfull calirty while on two wheels that I have yet to find anywhere else.