Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-31-2024, 05:49 PM   #29
70T/A400

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I bought my ZL1 new and watched them building these cars. The best and highest quality plant turned these out with amazing powertrains installed in a chassis tuned with magnetic ride and surrounded by a body that to this day has not aged.

My life hasn't turned for the worse so anything electric is not on the horizon. Not worried about parts shortage and not going to spend my days looking at it in a dark garage or drive it to a field with a bunch of men in lawn chairs and suspenders saying "Let me tell ya about my car"

Drive it
70T/A400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:11 AM   #30
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
This is the best thread in some time. I've benefited from the various perspectives.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:48 AM   #31
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70T/A400 View Post
I bought my ZL1 new and watched them building these cars. The best and highest quality plant turned these out with amazing powertrains installed in a chassis tuned with magnetic ride and surrounded by a body that to this day has not aged.

My life hasn't turned for the worse so anything electric is not on the horizon. Not worried about parts shortage and not going to spend my days looking at it in a dark garage or drive it to a field with a bunch of men in lawn chairs and suspenders saying "Let me tell ya about my car"

Drive it
Thats funny! Driving it to a field with a bunch of men in lawn chairs! I am still laughing! But you know what? That is true. I figure there is more of these cars than you think doing just that. I am guilty of letting my car sit in the garage covered up than I am driving it. After reading some of the threads on this topic I have decided I am going to start driving mine more now. It has just over 7400 miles on it and now I am asking myself why am I letting it sit? I am going to let someone else restore it after I am gone so I am damn sure going to enjoy it more now.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:49 AM   #32
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
This is the best thread in some time. I've benefited from the various perspectives.
This forum needed something to talk about so maybe now more members will chime in and start more of these. Thanks
Old 02-01-2024, 12:40 PM   #33
alexTop

Drives: 2023 1LT Convertible
6th Gen is the way to go!
alexTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 03:21 PM   #34
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexTop View Post
6th Gen is the way to go!
In the 6th gen forum….yea
Old 02-02-2024, 01:26 AM   #35
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
This forum needed something to talk about so maybe now more members will chime in and start more of these. Thanks
Just as long as it doesn't turn into another EV love/hate thread. There's a few too many of those already.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:37 AM   #36
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Just as long as it doesn't turn into another EV love/hate thread. There's a few too many of those already.
Actually, I think it's more like an "EV? Who cares?" type thread. If they ever return the Camaro and make it all electric, someone should kick Mary in the teeth.

The ZL1s in totality haven't been out of production long enough for those to think it's of any value. Nobody can predict the future. If people get re-interested in the Camaro, then yeah, there's going to be people willing to fork over the cash. If not, it'll die on the vine. Being at a fork in the road where technology may take the automotive market into a place that old-school motorheads would be left behind, the younger crowd does not yearn for the days of old like they did in the 80s, when anything looked better than an Aries K. And my how things change. In the mid-80s, the Olds Cutlass was one of the most popular GM cars that sold everywhere, and less than 20 years later due to a myriad of factors, such as market share shrinkage, etc., they were killed off by GM along with Pontiac. Who saw that coming?

The future holds the key, we just don't know where that's going to end up. It's paid off, doesn't eat much, and gas mileage is still #43 on the top 10 reasons I bought it. I don't need to spend $60K or more so I can save $20 in gas. I can just buy more gas with it. I got my priorities.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:14 PM   #37
Bigtime53

You know you are correct no one knows what the future is on automobiles but like someone said the government trying to shove the ev down everyone's throat right now and people are not going for it. On my Z I am like you gas mileage is in the place same as yours cause I did not buy it for that. What is the saying, smiles per gallon instead of miles per gallon? That is exactly why I bought mine. I think about what our cars would be worth after they quit producing them [supercharged cars] and I really think { I maybe wrong as usual } these cars will gain more value quicker than anyone here is thinking. Simply because no car company is producing them any longer. I know the dodge products with the hellcats etc are I guess the number one car with the supercharger on them then the mustang then the camaro's come in last. I hate that because my personal opinion the camaro is by far a better car. Well as you said who knows what the future is going to be in the car market.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:31 AM   #38
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Charger 2024 EV:

https://autos.yahoo.com/electric-dod...130400225.html
https://www.meadowlandofcarmel.net/b...a-srt-banshee/
keep up or be left behind
Have to say I think the fake shifting and fake exhaust sound are dumb. I'd have to do a first mod of playing a different sound through the Fratzonic outside speakers instead of fake V8 might as well sound like a Fighter Jet engine with afterburners turning on and spinning up.

Edit: https://youtu.be/unyk-Zso5Nk?t=95 dodge drivers could make their own natural crash sounds without it being faked on the speakers

Edit: Ford coming to it's senses on where EVs work best vs hybrids https://autos.yahoo.com/ford-just-re...170100372.html

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-07-2024 at 05:36 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 06:37 AM   #39
Apharaoh06

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Te EV farce is just a way to put 100% control of you vehicle into the car companies into the government. Most pollution is caused by the factories, cargo ships, airplanes, etc, not people driving oil powered vehicles. They force the EV on consumers, but have really done nothing to the infrastructure. We have rolling blackouts, etc. on the power grids in the USA. Just imagine in areas like Dallas during the summer, when everyone is running their home AC, trying to charge EV's if 40% of the residents had EV's. Apartment complex are not set up for even 10% of its residents to charge their vehicles. Maybe could get by if the apartments have some garages. I guess no one is scared of ransomware either. Just wait until some hacker decides to hack a car company, and upload a virus and take control of all the cars they sold. Money grab. Technology is good to a degree, but giving all your control to these companies is getting crazy, and they now want to charge fees for car features. Just think streaming was great when it first started, all you needed was Netflix and Hulu to get everything. Like less then $20 a month. Now you need Disney, Paramount, Amazon, and a dozen more, its like over $200 a month now, more then cable. Streaming originally was a way to beat the high cost of cable. The corporations have fooled the consumer, we own nothing now, we are just subscribers. As for th ZL1 being a collectible, maybe a few, but there really is not that much support for the 5th gen ZL1 or Z28. There just are no parts. Once the Multimatics are done, good luck replacing them. No one makes a replaceable strut or shock for the Z28, to keep near or the same performance you have to go to a high quality coilover. The closest you can get for the Zl1 or Z28 would be SS springs with Bilstteins, a little step up from the 1LE. Camaros are not mustangs, sad to say. Traded my Mustang for a Camaro, and man getting a good variety of parts is a joke. Mustang alone you could do a complete suspension of all levels from Steeda, Griggs, Kenny Brown, and Cortex Racing. Even can still buy GT350 OEM parts, and GM has left its muscle car customers to suffer in a parts wasteland. These ZL1 or Z28 may be valuable to a wealthy collector if the car is stock and has been kept in a climate controlled garage, but if it was driven a lot or modified its just another depreciating vehicle. Not to mention the car market is starting to see prices drop, and the inventory of used and new cars are increasing, along with repos. There will be pockets of opportunity to sell in the next couple of years, if you know what you are doing.
Apharaoh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:52 AM   #40
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
You make a great point about parts. GM super-sucks on product support of parts/service after the sale nowadays. Didn't used to be that way. Come buy our junk. We won't stock many parts for them anymore though, so you'll have to buy something else when your door handle stops working. I exaggerate to clarify.

I think the ZL1's will intrinsically hold a better value than RS and SS versions of the Camaro over time. How much of a better value is yet to be determined. The Z/28 and COPO's not withstanding, as they are truly niche vehicles. But then again, they have another type of buyer interested in those anyway.

Make mine 5th Gen Camaro any day of the week. May not be the best car ever, but it's good enough for me. Whether it holds its value or not isn't much of a concern for me, to be honest. I just don't give it that much thought.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 09:58 AM   #41
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
personaly I think the Gen 5 Camaro is Going to be like the Tri 5's of yesteryear or the 67- 69 camaros of late, everybody is going to want one and its not going to materr if its a V6 or V8 (of course the V8's arre going to fetch a larger price), but with tech getting better were going to see v6 camaro's with V8 superchargers shoe horned into them' even they may keep the 6's because of gas prices
And just make them look like a V8 verison
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:20 AM   #42
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Charger 2024 EV:

https://autos.yahoo.com/electric-dod...130400225.html
https://www.meadowlandofcarmel.net/b...a-srt-banshee/
keep up or be left behind
Have to say I think the fake shifting and fake exhaust sound are dumb. I'd have to do a first mod of playing a different sound through the Fratzonic outside speakers instead of fake V8 might as well sound like a Fighter Jet engine with afterburners turning on and spinning up.

Edit: https://youtu.be/unyk-Zso5Nk?t=95 dodge drivers could make their own natural crash sounds without it being faked on the speakers

Edit: Ford coming to it's senses on where EVs work best vs hybrids https://autos.yahoo.com/ford-just-re...170100372.html
The Jetsons car sounds...thats what they need to sound like!!
MSgt O is online now   Reply With Quote