Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #29
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
OP BTW it's magnetic ride control, just sayin'....
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
OP BTW it's magnetic ride control, just sayin'....
What Op... he left a long time ago...
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #31
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Man, I love mine, like the others said, double check that the yellow spring spacers are taken out. If they are, and you still don't like it, you are in the minority. I don't think the tires make it ride bad at all like the above person said. The tires make it seek grooves in the road sometimes, but rough is not how I would describe this car at any time.
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #32
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
What Op... he left a long time ago...
...another one bites the dust....
Old 10-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #33
Samson2029

Drives: 328xi, ML400, ZL1 man. 2013
the suspension is amazing. it soaks up dips and elevations very well at speeds. Broken roads and pot holes are not a problem. Suspension is.solid and can handle the abuse.
Samson2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #34
CHMuscleCamaro

Drives: Camaro ZL1 Jg. 2012, M6, black
@WLNY you say that to me, that i don't had a sportcar befor?
CHMuscleCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #35
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Well People, I truely appreciate the honest feedback. I will check the Suspension position sensors as Stephen12zl1 suggested, and perhaps I need to just adjust to the car. It isnt my first muscle/sports car, but it definetly feels different then the others did. I am glad to hear all yourl honest experiences.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #36
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
So right upfront, I am going to say, I am not impressed with it at all. I have owned this 2014 ZL1 for a month and a half and I was hoping that it would settle in and softness up even alittle, but nope. Does anyone else feel or think the same way? I feel like it is all Hype, unless you are on a smooth track and then I would say, I prefer it, other than that I bet in six months every bolt in the front end is loose and has taken a severe beaten from the constant jarring because the suspension does not give an inch when it hits a bump. Opinions?.
make sure they pulled the friggen spacers haha.

honeslty this is not how I feel at all. in tour it just feels good to me. I am coming from corvettes and lowered mustangs and such that rode really harsh though.

I would have it looked at because this is the only way I see it.

1. there is someting up with your car. ie spacers
2. your expecting too much.

this is hands downt the best ride to handling I have driven. I have literally tripled corners 30mph at 90mph and it rides better than my 08 z51, 07 z06, 01 mustang GT with MM track box.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #37
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
So right upfront, I am going to say, I am not impressed with it at all. I have owned this 2014 ZL1 for a month and a half and I was hoping that it would settle in and softness up even alittle, but nope. Does anyone else feel or think the same way? I feel like it is all Hype, unless you are on a smooth track and then I would say, I prefer it, other than that I bet in six months every bolt in the front end is loose and has taken a severe beaten from the constant jarring because the suspension does not give an inch when it hits a bump. Opinions?.
YES IF ITS REALLY THAT BAD MAKE SURE THE FRONT SPRING SPACERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED
I FIND MY ZL1 TO RIDE LIKE A DREAM COMPARED TO A STOCK SS.MUSTANG,OR ANYTHING IN ITS CLASS..I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW WELL IT DROVE AND FELT ON THE ROAD..I AM DISABLED AND I HAVE REALLY PAIN NERVE PAIN,AND NORMALLY DRIVING IN A CAR REALLY SETS IT OFF,BUT IN THE ZL1 IS REALLY COMFORTABLE TO RIDE AND DRIVE IN..!!! PLUS I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SETTINGS WHEN I CHANGE IT ALSO..
Old 10-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #38
WLNY

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMuscleCamaro View Post
@WLNY you say that to me, that i don't had a sportcar befor?
It was for the OP.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #39
Chados
'Merica!!!!

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The suspension on the ZL1 is why I bought it over a GT500. They ride like a log truck.
I wouldn't go that far but you're right-those Bilsteins aren't real smooth. I went for the ZL1 because you can't get a sunroof or telescoping steering column on a Mustang, for one thing. They're great cars but they'll beat you to death and I either have to have my knees jammed up under the wheel or have my arms stretched out all the way to drive them. Just not a good trip car, but they are Godawful fast in a straight line. I just think the ZL1 is a better balanced package. I like mine a lot.
Chados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #40
SlitherByU

Drives: 2018 GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chados View Post
I wouldn't go that far but you're right-those Bilsteins aren't real smooth. I went for the ZL1 because you can't get a sunroof or telescoping steering column on a Mustang, for one thing. They're great cars but they'll beat you to death and I either have to have my knees jammed up under the wheel or have my arms stretched out all the way to drive them. Just not a good trip car, but they are Godawful fast in a straight line. I just think the ZL1 is a better balanced package. I like mine a lot.
At 6'1 I was pretty comfortable in the Recaros after a 900 mile round trip in the 14. But I did feel as you do with regard to seat position in the previous gen stang. That's why I bought a SS back then. Loved that LS1...world beater at the time. Also, to be fair the suspension setting in the GT500 is sport and normal. Sport will beat you around on a bumpy road but it smooths out well in normal mode. Definitely a softer ride in the rear in normal mode and when I tap into the 662 HP, the rear squats down and we have lift off. I don't expect to many on this board to know what that's like tho... I kid, I kid.

Got no use for a sunroof. It was either vert or hardtop for me. Chose the HT because of the extra goodies available and no speed limiter. Glass roof is an option but I wasn't feelin that either. Kinda like ridin a clear dome covered motorcycle...which I thought would be gay.
SlitherByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #41
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
How are you driving? On the track now and then or strictly on the street? The more I've pushed my limit, the better I've gotten. The car is still miles ahead of my skill level, but I love how it allows me to really push myself and go into turns at speeds I wouldn't of ever dared to in my SS. It feels so planted and glued to the road and the New England roads are nothing to brag about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #42
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
COLORADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
How are you driving? On the track now and then or strictly on the street? The more I've pushed my limit, the better I've gotten. The car is still miles ahead of my skill level, but I love how it allows me to really push myself and go into turns at speeds I wouldn't of ever dared to in my SS. It feels so planted and glued to the road and the New England roads are nothing to brag about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
YOU NEED TO COME TO COLORADO TO CHECK OUT SOME REAL MOUNTAIN ROADS!!!!
GO FAST OR GO HOME!