#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 07-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #71
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The car had the keyless access (not sure what GM calls it). Like Comfort Access on BMW. If so I bet it locks with the doors. Probably a fluke this one was open. Doesn't the new Mustang have a capless setup as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I'd even settle for a simple cable actuated fuel door release that many economy cars have so that it couldn't be accessed by anyone. Looking at the mechanism though, I think it's similar to several other GM cars where you push in on the fuel door to release it (no locking feature).
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #72
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Yeah, Cadillacs have had it, but only recently.

http://www.autotrader.com/car-info/p...article-168986

From a 2014 XTS, same exact system:
Thanks! Hopefully that means it's already well sorted out and wouldn't leak during a hard left turn w/ full tank.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #73
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I'd even settle for a simple cable actuated fuel door release that many economy cars have so that it couldn't be accessed by anyone. Looking at the mechanism though, I think it's similar to several other GM cars where you push in on the fuel door to release it (no locking feature).
If doesn't lock somehow it will definitely be a miss for overseas markets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #74
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Thanks! Hopefully that means it's already well sorted out and wouldn't leak during a hard left turn w/ full tank.
That's not possible. The fill tube has a check valve at the end in the tank.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #75
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
this was a big complaint of mine as the gas door/cap are so cheap on the gen5
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #76
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I'd be very surprised if it operated that way. Why would it lock and unlock with the doors when it's something that's used every couple weeks for most people?

My 13 Mustang fuel door doesn't lock, but Ford sells an accessory for a lock/key.
This is 2015. I find it incomprehensible that any new car sold today doesn't have some design of locking gas cap or door standard. Honda and Toyota has had a remote lock release standard on all their cars since the late 1970s.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #77
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Some people sweat the silliest things. Who really cares? That one in a million chance someone is going to steal or tamper with your gas? Well guess what, all locks do is keep your friends out.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #78
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Some people sweat the silliest things. Who really cares? That one in a million chance someone is going to steal or tamper with your gas? Well guess what, all locks do is keep your friends out.
That's not the point. You can say the same thing about power windows or Bluetooth or air conditioning.

It's a feature that in 2015 should be standard on all cars.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #79
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
This is 2015. I find it incomprehensible that any new car sold today doesn't have some design of locking gas cap or door standard. Honda and Toyota has had a remote lock release standard on all their cars since the late 1970s.
That's fine. My point is that it's stupid for it to lock and unlock whenever doors lock/unlock. That's what I gathered he stated, that the fuel door would lock/unlock whenever you do the equivalent for your car doors.

Put a lever or a button inside of the damn car for the fuel door.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #80
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
That's not the point. You can say the same thing about power windows or Bluetooth or air conditioning.

It's a feature that in 2015 should be standard on all cars.
No, that's completely different You're throwing a fit about the possibility of not having a locking gas cap. For crying out loud, don't be a Sally. They are working very hard on making this the supreme pony/ muscle car while still hitting the same or similar price point as lesser cars. Some relatively pointless features may need to be cut and lets hope it's not AC or power windows so you can have a flippin locking gas cap.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:38 PM   #81
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I agree, there's really no strong argument at this point for not having a locking fuel door. It's definitely not cost prohibitive because it is on many economy cars, as others already pointed out. I agree if somebody is determined enough, they can get access, but you can apply that same logic to your trunk, doors, or hood. It just decreases the odds of somebody poking around where they shouldn't be.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #82
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
No, that's completely different You're throwing a fit about the possibility of not having a locking gas cap. For crying out loud, don't be a Sally. They are working very hard on making this the supreme pony/ muscle car while still hitting the same or similar price point as lesser cars. Some relatively pointless features may need to be cut and lets hope it's not AC or power windows so you can have a flippin locking gas cap.
You're being pompous, I'm talking common sense. I know it's not a major feature but at the same time most companies have standard locking doors.

You talk about GM building the best car they can....... And yet defend the lack of a simple cheap feature that most companies have today.

Who's being a Sally?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 PM   #83
OldSchool

Drives: 2014 LRG 2LT Z51 Stingray
I have a 2014 Corvette, and the gas cap pictured for the new Camaro looks just like the one I have. It is locked unless you unlock the doors. Only time my doors are unlocked is when someone is getting in or out - otherwise I keep them locked (especially since I don't need to remove a key or key fob to lock or unlock the doors).
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #84
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Hmm, I'm torn, I currently have a sunroof, I'm really not sure if I want one on my next Camaro now. It looks great with the sunroof, even if it's the same type as the 5th gen. I love the aggressive look of the reverse Mohawk, but this still looks great.