The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
donpat

Drives: 06 corvette
Navigation System

Can anyone give me instructions on how to add a recent destination to the contact list? I bring up the recent destination and select save to contacts but it doesn't get the message. Thanks
donpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
I believe there's a + button on the screen that will do it
regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
donpat

Navigation System

The + button did not do it. Thanks
Old 09-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Get a Garmin.

Nav system SUCKS!!!

GM definitely screwed the pooch on this option.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
OldSchool

Drives: 2014 LRG 2LT Z51 Stingray
Haven't saved a destination lately, but if I remember correctly after you enter the destination address you get a screen that has several options, including Go and Save. Select Save and another screen comes up with options at the top. If you look down at the bottom there is another Save option. Ignore the options at the top and select the Save option at the bottom of the screen and your destination will be saved. I missed the option at the bottom of the screen the first few times I tried to save a destination, but once I saw it I've been able to successfully save every destination I wanted to.

Jim
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
donpat

Navigation

No save appears at the bottom of my screen. I would be happy just to put my home address in the contact list.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
OldSchool

Drives: 2014 LRG 2LT Z51 Stingray
OK, just went out to the car and entered and saved an address. Here are the steps:

1. Tap on the Destination icon and on the next screen tap on the address icon.
2. On the next screen enter the address. After an address has been entered the icon on the top left of the screen (next to the box that has the address) says GO. Tap on that icon.
3. The next screen shows the address and gives you three options at the bottom of the screen - Go, Call, and Save. Tap on the Save option.
4. The next screen gives you two options - Create a new contact or add to an existing contact. Tap on Create a new contact.
5. The next screen gives you three options - Save as Home Address, Save as Work Address, or Save as Other Address. Tap on whichever type of address you wish to save.
6. Next screen gives you the option of saving as First Name or Save as Last Name. Select one and tap on it.
7. On the next screen you will see a small red box at the bottom of the screen with a green arrow pointing down and the word Save under the box. Click on that box and the contact will be saved.

If you want to give the contact a name rather than just the address, select the Contacts icon on the Navigation screen, then select the address and on the next screen click on Edit. This will allow you to save it with a name rather than the address.

If you want pictures of the screens, let me know and I'll pm them to you.

Jim
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #8
2corvette2

Drives: 2014 Coupe Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
OK, just went out to the car and entered and saved an address. Here are the steps:

2. On the next screen enter the address. After an address has been entered the icon on the top left of the screen (next to the box that has the address) says GO. Tap on that icon.
3. The next screen shows the address and gives you three options at the bottom of the screen - Go, Call, and Save. Tap on the Save option.
4. The next screen gives you two options - Create a new contact or add to an existing contact. Tap on Create a new contact.
5. The next screen gives you three options - Save as Home Address, Save as Work Address, or Save as Other Address. Tap on whichever type of address you wish to save.
6. Next screen gives you the option of saving as First Name or Save as Last Name. Select one and tap on it.
7. On the next screen you will see a small red box at the bottom of the screen with a green arrow pointing down and the word Save under the box. Click on that box and the contact will be saved.

If you want to give the contact a name rather than just the address, select the Contacts icon on the Navigation screen, then select the address and on the next screen click on Edit. This will allow you to save it with a name rather than the address.

Jim
Thanks. I needed this too.
2corvette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #9
donpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post

Jim
Thanks Jim