#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-04-2024, 03:34 PM   #43
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamZL1 View Post
Looking for good shop in Houston; not going to LMR they are out of their damn minds. quoted me 11k for headers and E. Eleven-thousand-dollars.

Also, would a pulley work with E and headers? If so I think I would add that on.

Thanks,
Damn you weren't joking, i finally got them to quote me for their "800hp" package and they want $19,000.00 . I already have what's in my signature. I'll probably end up looking elsewhere as well.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:30 AM   #44
KamZL1

Drives: ZL1
Update: Have heard back from and talked to both shops; I have concerns about things said by both parties.

One being the JMS booster/informing me that "LT4’s can be a finicky engine to modify, due to all their inherent issues" and the other saying that I really shouldn't go with ARH because of fitment (COPO/GM hello???????) basically pushing CSP which I know is a good header but ***TRANSPARENCY*** please. Also said that TCM tune is not worth doing on the car and I just cannot believe that with how aggressive torque management is on these cars and knowing what I've learned from you guys on here.
KamZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 12:12 PM   #45
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
HHP was the first to TCM tune T93 cars but other than that I don’t think I’d go there

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/3pL...ibextid=w8EBqM

Maybe I’m not ‘paying to play’ but $1,250 and $1,900 seemed pretty high to me back then

I’ve heard good things about JRSS, PowerFAB I took a tour of few years back and they were very kind and open. I ran into a few supercharged SS’s from their shop on the road and they’ve been happy
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:52 PM   #46
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Update: Have heard back from and talked to both shops; I have concerns about things said by both parties.

One being the JMS booster/informing me that "LT4’s can be a finicky engine to modify, due to all their inherent issues" and the other saying that I really shouldn't go with ARH because of fitment (COPO/GM hello???????) basically pushing CSP which I know is a good header but ***TRANSPARENCY*** please. Also said that TCM tune is not worth doing on the car and I just cannot believe that with how aggressive torque management is on these cars and knowing what I've learned from you guys on here.
Did you also talk to Roy at Wragth Motorsports?

And here is another option in your area, but I don't know them personally. Watch this guys videos, I think he has most of the work done at Excessive Racing and Engines.

https://youtu.be/pX5D3edR6PM?si=96orqBBNURueqKWI
Attached Images

Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:30 PM   #47
KamZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstyphoon View Post

And here is another option in your area, but I don't know them personally. Watch this guys videos, I think he has most of the work done at Excessive Racing and Engines.

wow low 10s with tire/tune/headers; that is actually crazy
Old 03-06-2024, 03:18 PM   #48
clg82

Quote:

I tried to reach out to Roy, left him a voicemail and a couple of emails with no answer.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:56 AM   #49
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
wow low 10s with tire/tune/headers; that is actually crazy
Jorge got into the 9s with barely more than what was in that video, too.

As far as the OP's comment, with the reference to "pay to play", I never said anything about the prices being reasonable. If you aren't willing to, nor have the knowledge and experience to mod', then you're at the whim of the market.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:21 AM   #50
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Jorge got into the 9s with barely more than what was in that video, too.

As far as the OP's comment, with the reference to "pay to play", I never said anything about the prices being reasonable. If you aren't willing to, nor have the knowledge and experience to mod', then you're at the whim of the market.
That’s true, I guess back then with HPTuners saying they weren’t working towards a T93 crack there wasn’t any other option for a while. Good to see now though there’s options, competitions always good
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:25 AM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
That’s true, I guess back then with HPTuners saying they weren’t working towards a T93 crack there wasn’t any other option for a while. Good to see now though there’s options, competitions always good
Completely agreed And I bought BOTH, lol A bigger market is always better (probably), but makes finding the right people and products a little more difficult to find

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:08 AM   #52
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I tried to reach out to Roy, left him a voicemail and a couple of emails with no answer.
Roy just told me he has been on travel.
He said he receives hundreds of emails a day. Best way to get a hold of him is through this link: https://wragthmotorsports.com/pages/service-request
He said he will call u back once filled out, and he gets a min.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:38 PM   #53
clg82

Quote:
Roy just told me he has been on travel.
He said he receives hundreds of emails a day. Best way to get a hold of him is through this link: https://wragthmotorsports.com/pages/service-request
He said he will call u back once filled out, and he gets a min.
Thanks Swiss, that must have been who called me and I didn’t answer from Texas this morning. We are in the middle of escrow on a home in Texas and every damn lender and his friend is calling with spam calls. I’ll try and reach out to him again this week sometime.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:08 PM   #54
KamZL1

Well, found a good shop close to me and did:
2" kooks catless
Mamo ported 87mm
e50
Innovate gauge

Car feels/sounds awesome and very happy with it!

Question is now, should I get TCM tuned and what am I leaving on the table by not doing this?
Old 04-03-2024, 02:32 PM   #55
clg82

Quote:
Well, found a good shop close to me and did:
2" kooks catless
Mamo ported 87mm
e50
Innovate gauge

Car feels/sounds awesome and very happy with it!

Question is now, should I get TCM tuned and what am I leaving on the table by not doing this?
I'll be able to tell you in about a week the difference. Roy at Wragth Motorsports currently has my car and is doing a transmission tune as well as a tune for 93. Who did you end up going with if you don't mind me asking. If you don't want to say it on here, you can message me.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:23 PM   #56
KamZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I'll be able to tell you in about a week the difference. Roy at Wragth Motorsports currently has my car and is doing a transmission tune as well as a tune for 93. Who did you end up going with if you don't mind me asking. If you don't want to say it on here, you can message me.
Excessive Performance