Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
Stork21

Drives: '11 Blk 2SS/RS Vert (Lilith)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starminder View Post
Just got my car back this afternoon. I got to drive a Cobalt while I was waiting....not quite the same at all.

4 days and 27 miles later:

Exhaust System: "Verified Complaint. Checked and traced noise to the rear crossmember contacting the exhaust. NEC. to install shims and adjust the crossmember. Re-Road Tested. OK."

Yep, I agree - the annoying rattle is gone. YAY!

However, on the air leak, I got: "Test drove vehicle and found normal passenger compartment noise for this type of vehicle. Convertable (sp) tops create more noise than hard top vehicles. No air is entering passenger compartment. We checked for any technical service bulletins for this complaint. None found. At this time GM does not have a fix for this issue."

What a drag. As if this week weren't bad enough already, now this can got kicked down the road. This is my FIFTH convertible. For this issue, bringing up that it is a convertible is...ridiculous at best. It's no different than a hardtop. Either the window goes up and "seals" or it doesn't. When it doesn't, at higher speeds there's an air Ssssshhhhhhhhthhhthhhhshh sound that can be made to go away. I *think* it's actually the window that gets adjusted and not the top in this case. Anyway, I spoke with the Service Manager and he was very apologetic and said he will keep his eye out for a resolution and to feel free to remind him - he drove the car and agreed it is still a problem. He just doesn't know how to fix it.

I'm also now experiencing a vibration in the steering wheel. You know the one I mean. It starts out minor and gradual and then eventually it gets annoying enough you go get your tires balanced. I'll admit, it is slight but it is there and I figured as long as they had the car I was more than happy to pay them to balance the tires. Instead, I got " road tested vehicle and verified what the customer is feeling. There is not a consistent vibration frequency (I beg to differ) On a smooth road the issue is not felt (wanna bet?) On a rough road surface you can feel this in the steering especially with the size of the tires in union with the suspension. We did compare with a different 2011 camaro Convertable (sp) and the same issues happened in the other vehicle."

Yeah, OK - that one needs its tires balanced too? There's an alignment shop about 1/4 mile from where I work, I'm bringing it there bright and early Monday to see what they have to say. It was doing the shimmy shake worse than ever when i picked it up this afternoon.

The rattle was the worst of the 3 issues, so one down two to go. If anyone has any info about adjusting the windows or the top I'd sure appreciate it!
If the wind noise you're hearing is where the top meets the windshield frame in the corner (driver's side), I had the same thing and they did a cable adjustment and the noise is completely gone.

Good to hear that they took care of the exhaust noise. One thing to note if you have an L99...... if you start to hear an annoying metallic rattle there's a good chance that it's the butterfly valves in the exhaust channel. We isolated a rattle to that point and cut them out. Another VERY ANNOYING sound eliminated!!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Stork, could you send me your case number? I'd like to look it over and see if I can help with this for you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
jsherm007
Always drop the top

Drives: 2014 Stingray Vert 2LT z51
I'm having a creaking / rattle that appears to be from the drivers side, top of window area where it meets the top. If I apply upward pressure it can help. Although not always. I'm due for oil change in 600mi may wait it out till then. No noise when top down.

Anyone aware of service bulletin for 2012 vert 45th anniv?
jsherm007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
jsherm007
Always drop the top

Drives: 2014 Stingray Vert 2LT z51
No one? I think it could be in the cross bars..
jsherm007 is offline   Reply With Quote