Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 AM   #57
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I never liked the look of the car with a sunroof so this is no big deal for me - my Monaro doesn't have one and the option for them on UK cars these days is kinda rare anyway. Still, I understand why and my old Calibra had the same setup - I quite liked it.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #58
odie23

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You are exactly right - -we could put a sliding sunroof on the Camaro that slides into the roof -- BUT -- you would lose a considerable amount of headroom (bad for those of us over 6 feet tall -- ) -- OR -- raise the roof which completely ruins the look of the car. (trust me - we tried it.....)
Bingo! It's a packaging problem. I'm just hoping no halo on the production vert.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #59
kamisxy

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Dont like this....Dont like that

Well I dont know....I have a few things that i dont like about the car also...everyones got thier likes and dislikes about the New Camaro....I love this car and have just decided to hold off any judgement until i see this car in person.....because sometime things u see in pictures look way better in person.....and this car is certainly worth the wait
kamisxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #60
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I like it myself. If it slid into the roof like a more common sunroof it would be a much smaller opening.

I want the opening as large as possible myself.
I believe that's called a 'Spoiler Style' sunroof.
Thats called a CONVERTIBLE!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #61
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
4. Lions club is who I need to contact??? Hells yeah!, I'll contact them!
I contacted the Lions Club that is doing the raffle. They said they would mail me a raffle entry form to send in.

http://www.rochesterlionsclub.org/index.html

This is the email address: rockinrodsnrochester@rochesterlionsclub.org
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamisxy View Post
Well I dont know....I have a few things that i dont like about the car also...everyones got thier likes and dislikes about the New Camaro....I love this car and have just decided to hold off any judgement until i see this car in person.....because sometime things u see in pictures look way better in person.....and this car is certainly worth the wait
and Vice-Versa, some things look better in pictures than in person....
Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #63
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You are exactly right - -we could put a sliding sunroof on the Camaro that slides into the roof -- BUT -- you would lose a considerable amount of headroom (bad for those of us over 6 feet tall -- )
HAha, suckers, 5 foot 1!!! lots of room...

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #64
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm over 6 feet tall and I'd rather scrunch down than have sunroof rails and a glass lump sticking out of the top of my Camaro!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #65
karr1008
Supercharging

Drives: 20XX Camaro SS
Well, I think I will buy it with the sunroof to let the extra light in and to be able to see out a little bit more. As for driving while open, I will have to test drive it as well to check for road noise etc etc. Frankly, it does look cheap compared to the rest of the car and that seems to be GM problems when wrapping things up. Another example would be the Solstice with their canvas top all stapled to the body of the vehicle. Just have someone let you look in the rear when they pop up the shell shaped trunk. I know, I had one.
karr1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #66
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Actually I see nothing wrong with it operating this way. if it saves head room then it's good.

But this is like many has been saying all along about the Camaro. there is always going to be something that some people will not like about the car. Don't like the sunroof design, don't like the roof being so high, don't like the reverse mohawk, don't like the gas cap location, don't like the interior, don't like the radio, yadda yadda yadda... geesh...

BUT remember even if there is only a couple things you do not like about the Camaro design, the overall design is what is important. everyone will disagree on some details. and no car pleases everyone.

I bet EVERYONE on here can find at least one thing on the car they own now that they don't care much for.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #67
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I couldn't agree more. The car is amazing and there are countless things I love. This isn't going to be a deal breaker for me at all. I'm glad we even get a sunroof option. Am I a little disappointed by the sunroof? Yes. But I am still outrageously excited for the cars release.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #68
rayainsw

Drives: G8 GT\Corvette Coupe [ gone ]
“sunroof rails” ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'm over 6 feet tall and I'd rather scrunch down than have sunroof rails and a glass lump sticking out of the top of my Camaro!

I have had a sunroof in a GM car ( Grand Prix GXP ) as recently as the 2005 model year – one that appears to work the same as the one shown on the Camaro in the pictures posted here.

Since when I open a sunroof, 99% of the time I only open the rear edge – to a ‘vent’ position. And since there are clearly no “sunroof rails” on the roof itself, I would find this solution viable. Keeps the headroom reasonable, yet allows a choice of conveniently seeing the sky & allowing increased light into the interior, blocking the direct sun, and \ or increasing the fresh air ventilation – seems reasonable to me.

- Ray
Wishing my current Corvette coupe allowed all those options . . .
rayainsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #69
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
never what the point of a sun roof was anyway...it doesn't improve the look of the car and all it does is burn you with the constant sun....just get a vert

the pics of the car look great though
Old 08-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #70
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
I have had a sunroof in a GM car ( Grand Prix GXP ) as recently as the 2005 model year – one that appears to work the same as the one shown on the Camaro in the pictures posted here.

Since when I open a sunroof, 99% of the time I only open the rear edge – to a ‘vent’ position. And since there are clearly no “sunroof rails” on the roof itself, I would find this solution viable. Keeps the headroom reasonable, yet allows a choice of conveniently seeing the sky & allowing increased light into the interior, blocking the direct sun, and \ or increasing the fresh air ventilation – seems reasonable to me.

- Ray
Wishing my current Corvette coupe allowed all those options . . .
Someone earlier said there were rails associated with the roof.

I realize some photos show the roof and no rails but those same photos are no real production versions of the car so I have to wait until I see one to believe this because we do have someone who has seen rails on their own car with this type of roof!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote