Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #141
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
This is starting to be a real freaking issue.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #142
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
This is starting to be a real freaking issue.
Hello Camaro_Corvette,

I understand a malfunction with your HUD is frustrating to deal with. I am sorry the issue has not been able to be duplicated while at the dealer. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation with you. Please contact us via private message and include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealer you have worked with. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting William R.)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #143
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
My HUD was all the way up with brightness and no glasses were being worn. The HUD was still changing when I pressed the optional view button (rpms, speeds, weather, or all at once). Everytime it flickered it would be a different view so it was working at the time but just not lit up on the window! Again- light brightness alllllllll the way on- clockwise.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #144
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Jordan23,

Please keep us posted on this issue! If it happens again, we would be happy to assist in a resolution for you.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
I have a 2011 and mine was fading in and out on the way to work yesterday for the first time. It was fine when I got off and this morning. Weird.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #145
gmcrash

Drives: 2012 Synergy Camaro SS, 2014 2SS/RS
Had my HUD replaced 2 to 3 month ago. This friday it started going out again. I really don't look forward to going through this again!
gmcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #146
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
My HUD has been doing this since I bought the car. One time it happened when I was a block from the dealer so I drove over there and showed it to a service advisor. Despite this, they refuse to fix it. So far my experience with this car has taught me a lot about GM customer service, or more accurately, the lack thereof. Thank god I don't have a more serious problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

If it happens again, we would be happy to assist in a resolution for you.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
The above quote is a lie. I wish it weren't but there isn't really anything that these Customer Care people can do for you. The only reason they blanket this forum, and others (google it), is that it maintains an image of customer care. All their promises are empty and they have absolutely zero control over these situations.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #147
2ssrsvert

Drives: 2013 2SS RS BLACK CONVERTIBLE
I just bought a new 2103 LS3 2SS RS convertible and have about 950 miles on it and my HUD has been giving me problems already it just blanks out while driving did it yesterday on the way home about 20 times in 10 miles. it has done it on and off since I bought the car a few weeks ago. Hope this is not a sign of what is to come. I chose the Camaro over the Boss 302 and got every option that is available after saving for a while. now I am concerned reading this post and others on the internet. I have a good dealer and have recently bought a new 14 Silverado from them as well.. Hope this will get corrected being I just gave GM over 90k of my hard earned money in the last 2 months.
2ssrsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #148
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Update from me, I have had them do the software update in August however I haven't had a chance to drive the car that much in the last four months only drove it maybe another 2100 miles but issue seems to have been fixed.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #149
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Bumping thread since it just started happening in my 2013 Camaro (european version, basically a 2SS).
What's funnier is that it started 30 minutes ago, right after getting the car back from dealership where they just "read and scanned all the codes because the people at GM central can not believe my radio does not have bluetooth audio streaming".

A few days ago I got a radio software update to the latest version (so I was told), in an attempt to bring up the bluetooth audio streaming feature.

The HUD dimming was reproducible enough that I managed to record a vid:

And yes, it was coming back after firing up the turn-light (and turning).

I also have the issue of fan speed indicator being stuck on whatever setting was on when doing a cold start. After warming up a bit and re-starting, the fan speed indicator works fine.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #150
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
That is really odd. I was looking at a 2013 before I got my 2014 and the HUD seemed to work fine while I was in it... But It only had like 18 miles on it. Another question, since I got a 2014, I went with the 1LT. Will the dealer install a HUD for me? How much would this cost if they were to do so?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #151
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Documented Fix Yet?

BUMPING this since my 2013 ZL1's HUD just did this on the way back from the gas station. The HUD came on and off a few times, always slowly fading away.

I'm very aggravated. I don't really want the dealer messing with the car, especially after reading the stories that some of you have posted about what has happened to your ZL1s while at the dealer. I am appalled that dealers would be so cavalier with a $60k car. BMW and Ford both treated my cars very well. Both of my M3s were treated like $200k cars by the dealer.

Anyway, is there a documented fix for this? Does the software update work? I would rather the software update than having to have the whole unit replaced.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #152
Vjc834

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
BUMPING this since my 2013 ZL1's HUD just did this on the way back from the gas station. The HUD came on and off a few times, always slowly fading away.

I'm very aggravated. I don't really want the dealer messing with the car, especially after reading the stories that some of you have posted about what has happened to your ZL1s while at the dealer. I am appalled that dealers would be so cavalier with a $60k car. BMW and Ford both treated my cars very well. Both of my M3s were treated like $200k cars by the dealer.

Anyway, is there a documented fix for this? Does the software update work? I would rather the software update than having to have the whole unit replaced.
I had to have my HUD replaced. Gentilini Chevrolet in Woodbine, NJ did a real nice job. I've had no issues with it or my car since.
Vjc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #153
chellelea
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Vert
2nd time I've had this problem with my HUD fading out since getting my 2013 SS. I know it's a minor issue but I've had several minor issues in the past 7 months. Plus when your car is your daily driver and the dealer wants to keep it there for anything more than an oil change...grr.
chellelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #154
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 View Post
Thanks, I feel better about it now. Just drove it more, about 30 miles and the HUD was fine. No issue this time. Hope it was a fluke before. It was similar to how it dims when entering a tunnel, but just kept dimming until off. Oh well, fingers crossed.

RedCamaroZL1,

Don't drive miles and think the issue will go away. Take it in to the dealership right away and get it repaired!

When I had issues with my Camaro the GPS radio portion didn't operate. Can't say much about dealer prep that I paid for. Anyway my car was in the shop for about two weeks when GM authorized the dealer to replace the entire radio panel.

Nothings perfect in this world including our Camaros. Get it in and fixed so the hurt/frustration will be less for you.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote