Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
elvism

Drives: 08 BMW X5, 05 MUSTANG GT
Dealer wrote back that he wants $1000 down & $2500 over sticker

.. next!!!!!!
elvism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Any context behind this? I am assuming you have been e-mailing dealers asking if they have any kind of list going to the Camaro?

Sadly $2500 over sticker will probably be a very common price for the first year.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
elvism

i wrote to 3 dealers and so far only one wrote back. i then called 3 others and they said there not taking any deposit and there is no waiting list.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I would be surpised if any Camaros went out for sticker during the first 6 months of availablity or so.
I wonder if GM will offer employee/supplier pricing as well.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
'elvism', I hope you are not giving this dealer any business!?

Contrary to what dealers may try, re; mark-ups, there is absolutely NO reason why anyone has to, or should, pay over sticker.

Yes, it may be a little more difficult and time consuming, but IMO, I would do some research, and find a dealer willing to get me my Camaro AT STICKER. They are out there.

I have NEVER payed over sticker.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
markhoran

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Solstice
2006 Pontiac Solstice at Sticker.

Hi,

I went through this whole process getting a 2006 Pontiac Solstice. I also monitored a forum like this one for the Solstice. There will be people willing to pay over sticker. Most people who do some research and shop around will be able to get the Camaro at sticker within the first 6 months. There was a price increase while I had the Solstice on order and the Dealer did not honor GM's policy of allowing the client to get the lower price (Dealer pocketed). I don't believe anyone will get below sticker for the first 2 years.

Mark
markhoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhoran View Post
Hi,

I went through this whole process getting a 2006 Pontiac Solstice. I also monitored a forum like this one for the Solstice. There will be people willing to pay over sticker. Most people who do some research and shop around will be able to get the Camaro at sticker within the first 6 months. There was a price increase while I had the Solstice on order and the Dealer did not honor GM's policy of allowing the client to get the lower price (Dealer pocketed). I don't believe anyone will get below sticker for the first 2 years.

Mark
Very good comments Mark.

Yes, there will be people willing to pay over sticker. There are always those who want to be "first on the block".

As for below sticker, I doubt that would happen for a while as well. There is the rare exception, ie; my brother ordered his C6 right when they were coming out, and due to constraints on the options he chose, there was a delay in it arriving at the dealer. But, the dealer offered him $700 below sticker if he would wait an additional 2 weeks. The likelyhood of that happening though is small.

As you said, Camaro's at sticker can be had. I have my name on a couple of lists, but in the end, I may end up waiting.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
TrybalRage

Drives: 1997 Camaro SS
I don't need one that bad - I can wait a couple months after they come out if the dealers are pulling that crap.

Being the first doesn't do much for my ego.
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
Casull

I know a dealer in my home town, he is a family friend. I purchased my Silverado from him back in '02. I should give him a call and see what he plans on doing. Problem is that he is a VERY small dealer, so I don't know what his allotment will be initially, so it may be difficult for me to order one from him.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
Davetsu49

Drives: 2003 GMC SIERRA
Number of Camaro's Available

Does anyone know how many Camaro's will be made available, is this going to be like the Shelby? I am looking to get the convertible in 09'
Davetsu49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetsu49 View Post
Does anyone know how many Camaro's will be made available, is this going to be like the Shelby? I am looking to get the convertible in 09'
Umm... no. The Shelby GT is a limited production vehicle. The Camaro will be mass produced. They have already said that they hope to sell 100,000+ of them a year, so it is a safe bet you will be able to find them around.

It is possible, because no one knows anything for sure about production, that they will produce a direct competitor to the Shelby GT, and if they do, then it will most likely be a limited production version.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #12
elvism

no im not going to pay over sticker.. 2 years ago when the mustang gt came out i wanted one as soon as it came out. every dealer wanted over sticker and i said no way. i then found a connection and got sticker minus x plan discount. 2 weeks after signing contract the dealer called me and said we cant do it regarding the x plan. the x plan was worth $2200 off sticker. well my friend knows the owner and told him the story and the owner gave me all i deserve in discount and honored the contract. i currently have the GT and my lease expires jan 08. i guess its time for me to ask around and see who has the chevy connection to help me out in the future......

Last edited by elvism; 02-07-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
KBearZ28

Drives: 98 Camaro Z28
Send a message via AIM to KBearZ28
At the dealership where I work we are going to sell them at MSRP.
I doubt that many dealers will honor the GM Emp. price (GMS) or GM Supp. price for the first couple years or till the demand calms down.
Anyway use caution guys because there will be dealerships out there that will
try to gouge you. They see a cash cow.
KBearZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #14
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
It is a cash cow, as in whoever owns it is gonna have a barren pasture by the time they are done with it. Grazing all day long, dealership, gas station, parts store, pulled over on the side of the road in front of a cop car, its a full blown blue ribbon winning cash cow, cept customers are the one feedin it and dealers are the ones milking it. But hey Id prolly milk it if I was in their position.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote